What’s Next For Legalization-2021-

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by dobro49, Jan 2, 2021.

1. I figured I’d update to some new digs.

I think we are gonna see some more history this year. There are positive changes happening on a lot of fronts right now and I’m betting that the ball keeps rolling. It’s going to creep into the red states too cause let’s face it, these places love sin as much as the next, whether they admit it or not.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Is GA doing anything this year with it? Ive been out of the loop for a long time.

3. There’s some few and far decrim things going on in local places but I don’t think any big measures. SC has a pitiful and punitive med plan going to the statehouse but they have a history of avoiding the topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I feel your pain.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Decrim is definitely a much bigger more likely thing to pass in most states. Hell I was surprised about Mississippi. Florida will probably be the last.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Miss was a big surprise to me too. Biloxi I could see but anything north I expected to vote against it. They fought off some well financed opposition as well so that’s a good sign. Yea, I think Fl or GA is next tho I wouldn’t totally count out NC.

7. Things are changing

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. All of those shows had “that” episode. Weed was so taboo.

9. Pot stocks got a bump today with so much speculation about this GA election. I’d like to see it in favor of whoever is better for legal weed.

10. I’m just catching a whiff of the news that Cuomo has announced an intent to make weed legal in NY. This would be great news all around.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. I just read on the NORML site that Montana has opened the doors to freedom, making it legal to have and use an Oz and grow 4 mature plants. I hope I hear of those rules being applied in my state one day.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. SC has filed their version of a “conservative” medical bill with hopes of a vote next month. They had this going last year and dropped it when the virus hit. At least it’s some movement and attention to the issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. No sir, That will be Kentucky and Indiana will be the last two states

• Like Like x 2
  14. If this is going to happen state by state it could take over 20 years or more. By that time I'll be in that great bong in the sky. The leader of the Kentucky Senate already said that medical weed will not happen. Won't even bring it up for a vote. This has to come from the White House. I said before this election I don't trust Biden on the issue of weed.

• Like Like x 3
  15. I don’t like Biden’s or the VP elects record on the drug war but I voted for them because I knew, after the last 4 years, that republicans wont move on it. Pushing that MORE act, and I think NY finally going, will be a big help to our cause. I’d really like to see something around the summer. Or before.

• Like Like x 2
  16. We have to do this in the first two years. After that we lose the house and Senate.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. The AMA is stepping in along with a lawsuit by a city in Mississippi to overturn the recent med pot election by 73% of voters there. Much like in SD, they don’t want to accept the will of people. Heck, the governor in SD said that “the voters were wrong”, so take that you taxpayers.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Un fucking believable. You see this is what us in the Hillbilly south have to put up with. It's going to be a long uphill battle.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Yea, I should have included that we can expect this if we ever get lucky enough to get a bill in red places. Your state is loaded with farmers like mine so I hope they realize the market they are missing out on and start pushing these politicians. They are getting a taste of Hemp here so it may catch on.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Our farmers have there head straight up there ass. God told them weed is bad.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1