Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

weed brownies and the high

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by coltonwinieckie, Jul 28, 2005.

1. me and some friends are planning on making brownies thise. we are getting an ounce of supposedly good stuff for 70 bucks but its probably schwag. should we use the whole ounce? how long do the brownies themselves last? can we eat some and save some for a few days later?

2. I heard the amount of weed needed to OD is 40,000x what it takes to get you stoned. My cousins friend had made a shitload of raisins covered in weedchocolate. Too bad I missed her, I have never "eaten" weed. Everyone tells me that when you eat weed-food, usually because the high doesnt hit you at once, people often eat too much and then are overwhelmed by the high.
    I wanna be overwhelmed...

3. from the book reeder madness by eric schlosser..he states that inorder to induce a lethal response from marijuana one must smoke 100 pounds of mj every minute for 15 minutes...which i believe is virtually impossible!

4. About how much weed should you add to the mix?
    I've heard anything from 5 grams to and ounce. Its pretty good bud so I don't think an ounce would be the correct amount. Any advice would be aprreceiated.
    Thanks

5. Well, you can't, in practical terms, use too much...but you can use too little. So, I'd say you should ere on the side of caution and use as much as you can afford to use.

6. yea OD on mary jane may be impossible but other conditions such as increased heart rate and blood pressue from smoking/eating too much can and will kill you if you are unfortunate enough.

7. quoted from cannachris
    Be also aware that your place is going to really reek, it's very hard to hide the smell when you're making the oil, so you make sure you got that covered somehow, open some windows, use fans, I don't know... the smell stays for a while.

ok,,,,so, this does reek on its own,,,but afterward, boil some vinegar, yeah, i know, but it gets the smell covered and out,,later that night, or whenever,febreze/incense the hell out of yer house, if everythings attached too yer house, carry the still boiling pot around yer house letting the nasty ass vinegar smoke fill the air ( if there are doors, try too cover up all of the cracks and shit with towels before making the cannabutter).and even if you do, still carry that nasty stuff around.

the smell of the cann will be gone and the vin will be out within a few days,,,just keep some windows open, and some fans on after the boiling.nasty but i works

8. The smell is horrendous but if you open your windows and turn on the over head fan prior to simmering the pot in the oil on low then it wont be as overpowering. Rooms usually aired out in 1-2hrs and how much pot you put in depends how high you want to get.

With a 1/2 ounce simmered properly, half of a small brownie could put an avid stoner on there ass for 4-5 hrs.

With a 1/4 ounce simmered properly, 1-2 cupcakes will be plenty.

9. I heard of someone who went into a coma from eating a lot of brownies. so OD is possible.

10. im doing the same thing this saturday, My parents are out for about 8 hours do you think that would be enough time for the smell to go away? does the smell stay longer then when you smoke in your house?

11. if you can air it out as you go, no problem.

Here's how I make them:

I use a half o of mids, following the recipe on the box of brownies. The only difference is you put the oil on low/medium and simmer the bud for about 20 minutes, stirring almost constantly. Then you strain it and follow the recipe on the box for the rest.

My set up for smell is roughly 10 candles scattered around the kitchen and floor of house with kitchen in it, then have fans blowing towards windows, preferably with the oven between the fan and window. I use the huge fans you normally stick in window sills. Set this up BEFORE you even start cooking.

Overall, takes about 2 hours from start to finish, including air out time. I would give myself a LOT more time if I hadn't done it before, my kitchen airs out pretty fast. It smells like shit, but not really like bud. I come out with 12-14 brownies with about a g in each. One gets me pretty fucked up for about 5 hours. Really depends on the person though, I have one friend that can eat half of one and get the highest he's ever been for 9 hours and another friend that needs two (one will give him a buzz) to get high for 6 hours or so.

12. i was also thinking of cooking the oil part out on my bbq it has one of those side burners but im not sure if that will really reek and alert the neighbors or if the burner will even get hot enough and shit im going to candle the shit out of my house and spray frebreze ever where in the house have all the windows open and the above fan on high but you say it doesnt smell like weed really just smells horrible? ill blame it on my cat.

13. The bbq burner is a good idea, but it depends on how close your neighbors are. Really, 8 hours should be fine to air out, just start shortly after they leave. Honestly, if my parents walked in when it reeked, they would probably just say "ugh what is that smell?" even though they know what weed smells like. Just keep windows open, candles burning, fan above the stove going, and maybe a portable fan or two to direct the smell out the window. Worst case scenario, it still reeks 30 minutes before they're home and you throw a bag of popcorn in the microwave and let it burn to completely mask the smell and tell them you left a bag of popcorn in too long by accident.

14. popcorn idea is genius pure genius yea i figure the house should air out pretty easy and hell yea im going to start first thing in the morning when the leave.

15. Actually, I was just in the ER for "acute marijuana overdose" and i know that isn't exactly a deadly overdose, but I felt like I was dying.

My friends made about 20 brownies with a half, and apparently they were cooked really well because I had 2 brownies and didn't even come down for a full 19 hours. After an hour, I was just giggly but I was forgetting what had just happened in the last 10 minutes, etc. After about 2 and a half hours, I was unresponsive. My friends called an ambulance because I didn't respond when they said my name, slapped me, shook me. I was nodding out, blacking out, breathing rarely. My friends were all really high, but nothing like what I was going through. After being rushed to the hospital and injecting a few IVs so the marijuana would clear out, it took 6 hours for me to be able to get up, walk, etc in the ER (I don't remember most of it) but I was still pretty high when I left. So, yeah, I wouldn't recommend brownies, but people gonna do what people gonna do I guess. Just don't get effed like I did.

Anyways, yeah you CAN overdose on weed.

16. I went to see Avatar at an IMAX screening with my dad, and I ate a brownie before the movie started.

HOLY SHIT. I completely recommend it, it was the most magical thing I've ever seen, even if the story was kind of cliche. The 3D effects really made it special.

17. same + a firecracker - the brownie = i now love avatar

18. you weigh 1500 pounds? :p

19. It may have been laced man, pure weed simply DOES NOT do that. I'm actually in a medicinal chemistry course right now, so here's the correct info. It would take 5 pounds of marijuana for a 150 pound person to overdose (possibly leading to death). While this is possible, it would cost over ten thousand dollars and require eating more food than possible for nearly anyone. Your "overdose" was most likely due to one of two factors. 1: You did not overdose, but rather suffered from paranoia (very possibly caused by the large amounts of weed). 2: You did suffer an overdose, but not on weed. I know of a few people who have gotten weed laced with much more dangerous substances. NEVER buy from someone you don't trust. Also, there is no "IV" to make "marijuana clear out". The only way to remove THC would be to inject a THC antagonist (which would counteract it in your brain).

20. Lol @ "injecting a few IV's"... wtf. An IV is a tube you put in your arm to infuse liquids into your body, you don't "inject a couple IV's", you get one or two if needed and inject things through them...

To be honest you sound like someone who's never tried weed and this was your first time and you took to much and freaked out. Next time eat one brownie and don't start crying and thinking your dying when you get baked... that's what's supposed to happen.