Weed and Memory corruption

Discussion in 'Stoner Movies & Documentaries' started by AllKnowingKnower, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Everytime I hear someone say “haha guess I just smoke to much” after forgetting a task or whatever the case may be. I die a little inside. I feel the same honestly. I just think the reefers kinda fucked with my memory a little and I don’t know if that’s a sign for me to stop since I kind of pride my memory. But I also feel like buds helped me through a lot and I don’t wanna let go. Help me please

2. I use cannabis in ORDER to forget about all the shitty things I've done and have had happen to me. It's a desired side-effect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. your memory gets worse as you age period. weed or no weed

memory isn't as good as people think it is either, its basically your brain playing telephone, anytime you recall an event the brain distorts it, forgetting normal tasks is normal as well

how many times have you walked in a room and forgot why you went in there?, how many times have you been talking and forgot what you were going to say, how many times have you looked at your watch or a clock and didnt know what time it was and had to look again?....the brain/mind and memory is cooky as is

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. You need to switch strains! Most of our modern cannabis has had all the CBD bred out of it and CBD lessens the memory loss that THC can cause.

Cannabidiol inhibits THC-elicited paranoid symptoms and hippocampal-dependent memory impairment.
    (full – 2012) SAGE Journals: Your gateway to world-class journal research

Impact of cannabidiol on the acute memory and psychotomimetic effects of smoked cannabis: naturalistic study
    (full – 2010) Impact of cannabidiol on the acute memory and psychotomimetic effects of smoked cannabis: naturalistic study | The British Journal of Psychiatry | Cambridge Core

And I think you are laboring under a misconception. THC only affects short-term memory (what did I come into the kitchen for? :confused_2:) The long-term memory (your kids names and faces) in unaffected and may actually be PROTECTED and possibly RESTORED by cannabinoids!

Alzheimer's robs of us our long-term memory. “THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.”

From- Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's (news - 2006) Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's

Now, THC will get you “high” by activating the CB1 receptors and mess with your short-term memory, but THC also activates the healing CB2 receptors, and then this can happen-

The activation of cannabinoid CB2 receptors stimulates in situ and in vitro beta-amyloid removal by human macrophages. (abst - 2009) The activation of cannabinoid CB2 receptors stimulates in situ and in vitro beta-amyloid removal by human macrophages. - PubMed - NCBI

Activation of the CB(2) receptor system reverses amyloid-induced memory deficiency. (abst – 2013) Activation of the CB2 receptor system reverses amyloid-induced memory deficiency. - PubMed - NCBI

And at about 2 weeks shy of being 71 years old, I still read medical studies as a hobby. I have used cannabis for over 50 years, and daily for the last 2 decades. :GettingStoned: Do I forget what I went into the kitchen for? Sure! But so do my non-toking adult sons! :confusedalt: :confusedalt:

Further and easier reading-

Study: Marijuana Not Linked With Long Term Cognitive Impairment (news – 2011)
    Study: Marijuana Not Linked With Long Term Cognitive Impairment | TIME.com

Cannabinoid-1 Receptor Protects The Brain From Aging (FYI- CB1s are the receptors that get you high and mess with the short-term memory :smoke:) (news – 2011)
    Cannabinoid-1 Receptor Protects The Brain From Aging

Teen Marijuana Use May Show No Effect On Brain Tissue, Unlike Alcohol, Study Finds (news – 2012)
    Marijuana Users Will Love This Study

Pot smoking not tied to middle-age mental decline (news – 2012)
    http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/01/04/us-drugs-idUSTRE8030AE20120104

(More can be found here- https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/grannys-in-the-news.1489644/ )

Hope that helps!

Granny :wave:

5. Short term memory loss is a bitch