We smoke ~7x daily and have no money — do I out our lifestyle to family? Entertaining story maybe?

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by Givemetheanswer, Mar 21, 2021.

1. LONG STORY. Ok so here is the deal.... I only smoked 3 times prior to my current GF

Tell me if I’m crazy.

Time 1: I’m 25. One puff with former GF. She doesn’t smoke (and didn’t that time) but it was offered by these older people who were offering a room for rent (2010ish). Come to find out they wanted my GF for a threesome and the woman was a raging alcoholic. The guy was a tow truck driver pot head. Anyway I took one puff and lost all sense of time — thought I had been sitting there 5 minutes but it had actually been hours with those 3 conversating and watching tv. My girl friend guided me to our room and asked something about if I like to have sex while drunk (for just me and her lol)...she pulled my shorts down and felt me not hard at all and said guess not. We went to bed. The next day is when my gf found out about the 3some plans. I had taken the old lady to the liquor store (crazy conversation) and when we get back her old biker looking friend lady showed up surprising my GF with talk of feeling her new DDs+. My GF was like yeah I felt one just to see (she wanted some). Anyway we quickly packed up and hit the road.

Time 2 I’m 29: I smoked half a bowl from a bowl that a friend at the gym gave me to try weed (not sure how it came up). My relationship had gone bad so I said why not. One night when my GF and daughter were sleeping I decided to do it in our somewhat large detached garage. THIS was the scariest moment of my LIFE. Unbearable thoughts scared me out of my head... like violence and a sense of losing control over my actions...with “real” feelings of violence and crime I had ALREADY committed (I won’t give the details but bad stuff)...and the fear of the cops coming. I paced, cried and laid on the floor of a cold garage floor for for hours. I was scared to DEATH. I guess you’d say a break from reality. I somehow blanked out and committed these terrible crimes, my family was ruined and I could almost hear the sirens coming for me. I screwed up my life FOREVER. I was going to be all in the papers and I’d be locked away for life for just taking two puffs of that bowl. The thoughts would NOT stop. I think it was probably 4 or 5 hours before I could calm down and walk back in the house.

Time 3 — I’m with this girl from pof that I’m not really attracted to. Drink a few beers on the deck with 3 of her friends for a few hours. Finally when it’s just me and her I say let’s go inside wink. Little did I know her fat friend would join us. Smoke a joint with her and her fat friend girl on her bed. I almost instantly start having feelings that I’m going to lose control of my words and actions with the first puff. I kinda of thought racing though my head. I’m panicked on the inside but someone keep things looking normal. I have thoughts though that had already done stuff. I even had thoughts that I was about to ask to bang both of them right then. I feel I’m about to lose control and just say let’s do XYZ y’all. We passed the little joint around while drinking another beer or two (never a drinker either). Anyway somehow what was probably 2 hours of mindless conversation winds down and the heavy friend goes off to her room...maybe 2am. Now at this point me and the girl are laying in her bed while I still have panicked thoughts of things I was about to say or do or had already done. Somehow we get around to cuddling and proceed to have sex...not to get graphic but anal too. Then missionary...I lost control of my mind and went for hours...maybe 4 hrs (this had NEVER been me)...hell maybe in the same exact position. All while I was doing this I was having crazy thoughts that I was going to care for her children as my own and we were going to have a family (her kids were asleep on the couch in the living room). Us becoming a family made me even hornier so I kept going. Anyway at some point she started saying we need to stop but I was pumping and my blood was flowing like never before. So we stop and she’s like I’m going to bed...but I’m like why. And she says you know why. So we lay there in her bed and my panicked thoughts start racing....I became convinced that she thought I raped her. She fell asleep but I laid there in the bed beside her panicked for hours. I even worked up the courage to ask “let’s go again” hoping that if she said yea it meant I didn’t rape her. She said no. Anyway we lay in bed for hours more until I started coming back to reality judging by her actions that she didn’t think that. We watched some early morning tv and since I wasn’t in to her at all and felt bad for even sleeping with her...I said I gotta go, said our goodbyes and she walked me out.

Time 4-now: I’m 33. Current GF. We got together and a week in I said yeah I’d smoke right now if I knew where to get it. She was instantly down and said she knew someone — we smoked and bam I was off to the races. Little did I know she had smoked heavily for the last 10-12 years...like 5+ time 7 days/week. Anyway, the sex stuff started again and for about 6 months I would have sex for 3 or 4 or even 5 hours. I’ve never experienced something like this in my life. Sweat pouring like Patrick Ewing — almost forcing her into 2 or 3 or 5 orgasms even after she initially said let’s stop. I did ALL the work and didn’t want anything done to me. EVERYTHING was amazing for a year. I had to have sex for 2-3+ hours once a day. Beautiful loving thoughts would enter my head and make me even hornier. I seriously got more high than anyone we knew had ever heard of (she knows several “stoners”). I would get crazy. I would yell crazy stuff out the door for hours....I’d make up insane stories about multiple people living in me (4 people I fixated on were Bobby, Vinny, Bob Saget, “the 5th” (evil) and “Bob Ross’s mind). These were all separate “people” with personalities). I even had incredible feelings of connection with god that would actually give me chills or make me cry. My highs would almost completely throw me out of my mind for hours. I would talk constantly for hours on end....energy through the roof and could sit still.

I guess my GF enjoyed that person enough to stay with me.

Now, after 2.5 years of smoking 6-7x daily and spending untold amounts of money (plus gas and wear on car) — I don’t really get high anymore. I have what feels like depression, anxiety, OCD, BDD, anger, etc, and sex is just blah for a few minutes. I don’t work out anymore. I’m not motivated. I feel like I’ve now turned into a slave to a drug that has pushed me to the limits of sanity. Why work out when we can smoke and watch a movie together? I’ve blown up at my GF many times and even said she’s nothing but a pothead (guess I’m talking to myself, ehh?). Yelled and called her all sorts of names in anger outburst (2-3x related to smoking weed). It now sorta makes me angry to be doing what we do. The going to get it....all the money spent...the friends you always smoke with that are your ONLY friends. The dangers of being caught with it in the car. Can’t just have people stop by randomly. Always being in a semi hurry so we can come home to smoke. The inability to have children freely come in certain areas of the house. The dirty house we put off cleaning. The chores like simply painting a room never getting done in two years. The house almost never being clean as it should. Probably $20k in weed that could’ve replaced our roof and invested to give us a better future. I need a car soon. The desire to let my kid go do something so we can smoke. Etc etc. I feel like this $300-400/week weed addiction has not enhanced life...instead made life miserable....especially considering my mental state before and after. My high is gone but I’ve been sucked into the lifestyle of someone who has been smoking this much for 10-15 years.

At this point it’s like I wish I’d never had the thought to flippantly think weed was something to try. Although I feel it brought me to philosophical peaks I had never imagined and made me sense things in ways I never thought possible — it has ultimately left me as a shell of the person I started.

My GF still feels content with smoking though (even though she has NEVER and would NEVER let her family know) and we still do it together....it has became what we do during any down time. She also goes and smokes with friends...all her friends have smoked for 10+ years so they smoke with just her or with both of us when we are together (usually). She often has times where she can’t pay her bills and needs to borrow money. I also pay the rent and food. She pays the power bill. She does take care of the kid like a mom though as far as feeding, making sure school work is done, lunch packed, bed on time, etc.

I’m starting to feel like smoking weed 5-10 times a day (we also smoke cigs) just isn’t a sustainable way of life for too long...at least considering the depths it seems to have brought me to mentally.

ALSO, I am religious and I’m now feeling guilty for doing it or even being around people that do. It just feels like a dirty lifestyle that has left my brain ravaged — I’m seeing a psychiatrist on Monday.

I really don’t know which way to go. If my parents knew about our lifestyle they’d certainly tell me to leave ASAP. And I do feel guilty living this lifestyle and the message it could send to my child about how to cope with life. I would never want her thinking this is how you deal with life. My GF has done this for a decade now and despite being an otherwise kind, honest, loyal person I would never want my daughter to follow that path. I feel like it leads to a TON of money spent which could otherwise put her in a better financial position later in life. And I just feel like life is better lived long term 70, 80+ years without weed and a mind sharpened to deal with the dullness and excitement of life.

Thoughts?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. #2 CheebaWeeba, Mar 21, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2021
    My thoughts are...your family likely knows or suspects anyway.
    What good would "outing" your lifestyle do anyway...?
    At least some of them might say "Oh...that's why" but all would come away thinking, like they probably already do, that you're living beyond your means for one reason or another.

You've overthinking a lot for a simplistic situation.
    Don't smoke at a level where high is your normal, because the high, just becomes the normal.
    Cut back. Tolerance break/s. Go for walks more or use the time to clean up your place.
    Reward yourself after the good stuff, not before.

Also, get your priorities straight - both of you.
    I'm sorry if I'm a bit of a cunt for saying this, but you're in your 30's.
    I'm guessing she'd at least be in her mid-late 20's...?
    Pay your damn bills. First and foremost.
    Rent/mortgage, bills, transport to/from work (if not, walk), groceries & household cleaning shit, THEN weed/other entertainment.
    There's no other way you should be doing this.
    Snap out of it...and you'll probably find less spare money to piss away on weed, lessen your habit, and live a better life so you don't need to write another book because your smart parts are arguing with the stupid ones - You know which side needs to win there.
    Don't be a shitty stereotype.

I honestly hope this helps.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. T breaks save the bank ;)

Moderation is the spice of life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Nope...we are smart at not letting anyone know. She hasn’t had any family find out for over 10 years. Anyone we smoke with isn’t connected to our families in any way and never meets any family. They themselves don’t really want it known either.

What good would outing it do? It would be freeing that those who love us know that we cope with life through weed...it’s the thing our lives revolve around. What takes 4-5 hours of our day every day for 2.5 years...10 years for her. Hours that could otherwise be spent with other family members, my child, toward career advancement, toward physical exercise, toward cleaning the house, toward paying for the roof, toward having an emergency fund where a $2k unexpected bill isn’t potentially life altering (for her). We are 30+ adults with responsibility.

She has mentioned quiting a few times but absolutely nothing comes of it. And now with my crippling depression, anxiety, bipolar, etc — I certainly don’t have the will to quit either.

BTW — I CAN afford to pay all our bills while smoking as much as we want all day.

I lived a life up until now where I never smoked or drank and I was able to save enough money to retire and live comfy by age 30 or so (without really working hard or much at all).

The thing is — weed and it’s side effects zap life of that drive it took me to become a young millionaire. It also shows me why my GF doesn’t have much money — because she has smoked since about age 18 to now with a few 4-5 month breaks over that period.

5. But money isn’t really the issue as far as our needs being met.

My GF has problems with money and HER bills....because she has lived this lifestyle for 10+ years.

I have enough money to help subsidize her income when needed. This makes sure we have enough money for all the weed and food we want. So we smoke 5, 6, 7 or 8+ times per day.

BUT — we COULD move so much further financially without the time and money spent on weed. Not to mention the mental issues it has caused. We could be BETTER family members. BETTER parents. BETTER home. We could live in a gated community. We would have nicer cars.

but weed seems to rule all.

and it now has me with all kinds of mental issues.

6. Why didnt you marry her?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. I was grossed out at what I had did....with this particular lady.

8. Bro your growing up. 5 years of now you will want to do sexual things your younger self would be horrified of.

9. With people I’m not attracted to?

10. Weed doesn't make people shitty.
    Don't blame the jane man.
    Why is it that your choice to envibe cannabis means that it's its fault you make bad decisions.
    It could be alcohol, jerking off, cleaning, obsessive eating, or a thousand other things. It's not the act that's the problem, you gotta figure out in your head your priorities and values.

Get them where they mesh in a feasible manner for yourself.
    Leading double life is most likely causing more issues, only cause your having issue separating them morally.
    Being a pothead doesn't make you anything except someone who uses cannabis. That could be a range of things. Your success has to do with your general patterns and routines, self happiness.. hell maybe even blood circulation. Sounds like you suffer from depression and possible issues some would love to put a diagnosis on.
    However validation works for me.. I don't need a diagnosis. Esteem able deeds build my personal worth. As long as I make good choices overall, smoking weed is between me and my garage. Things in my world are about overall percentages or else I never get shit accomplished(regardless of the herb).. there is far too much awesome stuff in this world to waste time on regret.
    You know, if you ever want a real challenge try kicking heroin. Yes bad money management and being poor sucks. Should work on that. However again, why focus on the weed..
    Probably focusing on next steps of healthy living are essential. How religious are you really? I mean.. seriously.. swearing off weed will most likely make you think about it more. Putting yourself where your still dependent on your parents approval at the age of 30+? They pay your bills?
    priorities man.. actionable esteem able deeds. Goals, steps, success.
    Cannabis is not the root of the problem. Just sounds like you don't have enough to smoke yourself retrded through all those bad decisions and into some more... So you can say.. damn weed is fucking me up man...
    Nah.. you are.
    Programming was junk to begin with most likely.
    So outting yourself to your parents sounds like nothing but a control move.
    Which is understandable ... Lotta screwed up perspectives in the world.
    If you want to use weed as your scape goat, just understand your not helping the mass understanding of it. Just promoting the stereotype scapegoat blaming which was used at least since the fifties in reefer madness which was major propaganda made by people like dupont and hurst who wanted to keep hemp illegal cause of their money and investments.

11. That's why they invented alcohol.

• Like Like x 1
  12. It sounds like you are saying anything possible to deflect from marijuana causing serious issues in my life.

And yes, I will “answer” to my parents until the day I die. Sorry, but I come from a religious background where parents are honored and valued. If a certain thing dominates life to a certain degree — I feel obligated to have them know instead of living in the dark. Especially with the onset of mental conditions it has brought out.

13. Not to mention how the time and money spent smoking has taken away from the quality of life my child could possibly have.

14. at 25yo you are old as fuck but I suspect mentally challenged...and worried what you mom may say

trash the bitch and ur fucked up friends move to a new city...
    get a job and see weed and booze what it is ....entertainment

good luck

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Holy fuck that's long

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Im in my 30s. Age 25 was the first time I smoked — and not again until years later.

Now I smoke daily as much as I want basically and have a slew of mental conditions.

Everyone that’s pro weed always says weed isn’t a factor. I’m at the point where I see it as a hard drug, but I’m sorta addicted to it along with my GF who has been smoking for for 12+ years this much.

17. I basically gave a run down of all my interactions with weed.

18. Weed ain't addictive I've been smoking 44 years you can stop with cheap beer and organic sleeping tabs to get sleep
    weed ain't working here obviusly

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. It's only a hard drug because you treat it that way. I've lived with hard drug addicts. It comes down to you dude.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. #20 CheebaWeeba, Mar 22, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
    So...this is some troll bullshit yeah?
    I knew something seemed off with this whole thing...and the fact that it just seems to be talking yourself up while saying you smoke so much weed.

How does

"We smoke ~7x daily and have no money — do I out our lifestyle to family?"

turn into...

"The thing is — weed and it’s side effects zap life of that drive it took me to become a young millionaire."

Then you tell me when I say to get your priorities straight:

"We are 30+ adults with responsibility."

Well, no you're not if even ONE of you is a millionaire, and ONE of your bills arent getting paid, and you just literally do nothing but smoke weed.
    I mean I guess you are responsible for breathing, living and eating...don't know if I'd use the word anywhere else with what you've told me.

Is it no money or millonaire money?
    No grey area?
    Are you saying this woman smokes you out of being a millionaire?
    ...and you let her, Mr millionaire, do so without her bills being paid?

I don't think I'll be taking this, or you at all seriously any more.
    This whole thing thing just seems like some kind of stupid misguided humble brag/lie and attention seeking behaviour to let us know how somehow "you're so rich" and you fuck bitches all night...?
    You are literally "that guy" at the bar.
    Is the next one how you're actually a champion martial artist that got sent to jail on manslaughter charges when 10 bikers attacked you and you beheaded them all with a single punch?
    Got out because they saw the size of your dick and now you're a secret agent?

...You try to give good advice and then when you take a moment to actually read right through this pile of drivel, there's just more and more bullshit.

Oh, and love how you don't have a car either. Yeah, why would you by one of those as a millionaire...?

Done and done.
    I'd say thanks for the laugh but really it was just a drag. Nice self-fan-fic.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1