Warning, check cache before plot!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Spudder, Apr 3, 2009.

1. A geocache. It's a big worldwide game where players hide caches(little boxes) with little goodies inside. The person who find the cache must leave it where it is, but has permission to take something IF he leaves something in return.

2. thats good looking out. Im in the clear as far as these are concerned but these really do pose a threat so im glad I knew so I could check

3. Anyone can help. I'm vegging indoors for 5 weeks now . I want to transplant them outdoors with the daylight 11:30 and rising can I get an early crop in 2 months or will they reveg? Where I live the longest day of the year is 14hours light

4. Instead of looking at Geocaching as a threat, look at the upside.

Geocaching gives you an excuse to be anywhere, in fact the stranger, more out of the way place the better.

If your worried about being busted by the cops while checking up on your field, all you have to do is have a GPS and a container with trade goods with you. Then you can claim your just looking for a cool/hard to get to spot to place a cache, of course if your carrying nutes or soil on you your SOL for that excuse. :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Never even heard of these before but there are fuck loads near me, but the spot I want to grow is clear

6. These things change location if you move them or just blow them up?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. This is nice info to have. Thanks for the heads up op.

8. This is a thread from 2009 and i apologise for reviving it. But you speak of gorrilla growing. And caches are planted in fun places. If you hike deep into the boonies where access is not fun, they won't have any caches buried there. Geocaching has to be fun, not dangerous work. Just don't plant it in a park or anything lol.

9. Hey guys,

Figured this was a great thread to get some info on the type of growing you guys do, i recently placed one of my plants at a remote location, for a while i figured it was a crazy idea because i live in the suburbs. Anyway i found a great spot.

My question is how often do you check on your plants (nute,water etc...) I was going to limit my visits down to just every 5 days or so just to give them nutes, and rely on rain for the rest. they are in about a 4 gallon hole filled with FFHF soil.

I don't want to visit too often and raise suspicion because i have to walk a few hundred feet down a moderately busy 2 lane road.

Any advice on this growing is greatly appreciated!

10. jaja. you are bring a large scale of area for breeding

11. i go to mine weekly for matinence and if we have a wind storm i go right after it is over to make sure nothing is blew over. i didnt check mine 2 years ago after a wind storm and i lost a few plants bc they was laid over on the ground and it was hot so it roasted them. if i had went as soon as the storm was over i could have propped them back up with minimal damage. lesson learned!

12. I assume you had yours planted in the ground? How did they do relying on rain water?

13. ya they are all in the ground. u can check my journal to see most recent pics. i carry water in to a few that dont have a direct water source but when i was plot hunting years ago i looked for a direct water source. i like in the appalachian mountains so there is many hills and streams here that is perfect water sources. we also have old abandon coal mines that water seeps out of and i get it from there as well. here is one my plots that i dug a hole in the side the hill that i found some water seeping out the mountain so i thought HMMM? i bet if i dig a nice hole there it will fill that up. sure enuff it stays full even if there is no rain for weeks or months at time. i got 4 plants at this plot and the hole i dug i can get 4.5 gallons of water at a time out it. its always back full by time i gotta go back and water again.

Attached Files:

14. That's really f*cking cool haha, I wish I had factors like that on my side, my spot is a gold mine to have found a spot in the suburbs. But plots like that completely sh*t on my plot haha.

15. #175 kygiacomo, Jul 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2015
    as long as u get to harvest then u are good to go some may take more work then others but at the end of season im happy. oh trust me i have a shitty plot myself in terms of watering but it gets so much sun that i have kept for years and its secure. i have to carry 3 gallons of water uphill to it thur rocky terrain which sucks but like i said its well worth it..i dont think about the pain and sweating i went thur once im hanging those bitches in my shed lol

16. Mine is the best I can get in an area like mine, but I still worry about someone finding it, and although it's easy to get water to, I'll never find a spot that's secure, gets light, AND gives me any type of water.

17. with that attitude u wont. never say never anything can happen. any guerilla grower is always scared that someone gonna find it and rip u. hell i think about it evertime i go to any of my plants. i watch where i step to make sure i leave no foot prints or anything. i like to access my plots from either a old coal mine road so i can walk about 500 yards or so down that road and then circle back once im in the woods. we have a bunch of pain trees where mi at and no one can ever track u when u acess ur plot via the pine needles bc u dont even leave a foot print even if its raining outside

18. It's not really guerrilla growing what I do, I live in the suburbs of nyc I'm lucky to have found my spot, but after searching Google maps for hours and checking all of the wooded areas within a few miles, this is all I can work with. Unless I settle for something 30 miles from my home of course haha

19. lol ya sometimes u gotta do extreme things but at least right now u may have a good site. hell i know if i was in NYC i wouldnt have no fkn ideal where to even start to look for place. i like my little rural country living lol alot less people here then in NYC so i can understand lets just hope all works out and u get to harvest some stank dank

20. Not the city, but the suburbs a good distance out, I don't have it THAT tough haha, but yeah I've definitely got a good amount of faith in my spot.