Warning, check cache before plot!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Spudder, Apr 3, 2009.

1. What up my fellow outgrowers?! (Outdoors+growers=outgrowers, we produce more haha.) Anyways, this is one BIG hazard to watch out for, it's called Geocaching. It's a great game, it's alot like a treasure hunt with a GPS. I'm just letting you guys know before you put your girls in the ground, make sure there are no caches near by. One of the negative effects of not making sure a cache is near by is perhaps there may be one near your girls and someone stumbles on your plot looking for it! The website is www.Geocaching.com you'll be surprised by where these little things are located.
    Keep it real.
    Real high.
    -Spud :cool:

• Like Like x 4

2. I love you for saying that. My buddy and I searched all over my town for places as well as neighboring towns. We found 3 Geocaches in the process. This was over the span of about 3/4 of a year but still that is a lot. Generally speaking, the caches are usually pretty close to a path of some sort, but I was surprised with how well hidden they are. They are a fun game, and I have since participated in them. I hadn't thought of how destructive they could be to a plot.

Bottom line, if you feel ultra confident in your spot and you have traveled a damn well ways to get there, then I wouldn't fret much. However, it is a great idea to look out for those damn little boxes.

3. Haha, just trying to look out for the fellas (and girls?) here. It is a very fun game, there are many many many geocaches out there. I remember joining a couple years ago and just recently I looked at how many geocaches there were, I was staggered by the amount. They are very well hidden, I remember finding a microcache in a god damn fence post!! Just go on the site, enter a zip near where you are, and on the next page if you click google maps at the top you can drag to wherever your plot is. Just make sure your plot isn't by one, or even in the path of one. Remember, they are GPS entered, there isn't a specific path to find these. I just thought of it being detrimental to a plot because I was super blazed looking for a cache and it's spring so I saw a beautiful flower sprouting near the cache and I was like holy shit! It's a sign!

4. Lol I used to hella geocache... Thats probably a good idea, actually.

5. Definently interesting and good info +rep for that (when I can), there is actually one near my house, suprising as I live far far from civilization, glad they didn't venture anywhere else or anywhere near my plot.

6. that's bad news but good to warn us. Thanks and + rep. I'm not in the US thankfully.

7. I'm just trying to look out for everyone here! No one should be caught and prosecuted doing natures will (letting the trees grow.) Everyone considers hunters, mushroom growers, rippers, ect. I just never considered Geocachers until now. This, I believe, should be a outgrowers major concern for they can be anywhere! Corto, they are not only in the US! Thousands and thousands are just in the Vancouver area. 4442 geocaches are in Spain. You say southern Europe, there are some in Albania, 2833 in Italy, 577 in Greece, ect. There are even a few in Iraq, Isreal, Iran, and Afghanistan. This is a world wide sport now which is why I was so surprised and I now believe it's that much more important to check on. Fun game though.
    -Spud

8. Daaamn! Thanks man. I'll check if my country's in the list. ;) Fun but it sucks for us... It's already hard enough getting away with mj growing. Legalize it!

9. No problem man! You've helped me out countless times Corto, i'm glad I can post something that can help all of the outgrowers, expecially since it's that time of year where we can still change the spots of our holes if we need (even though it's not that fun, lol)

10. Cool man. May you harvest the best and most!

11. #11 champloo, Apr 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2009
    I had no idea this activity even existed:eek:.

Good lookin out.

I think im gonna start doing looking for these geo caches:p

edit: i just checked my area and theres one like 2 blocks from my house XD. I think im gonna go find it. Says its a micro one.

funny i dont even got a gps. But i know exactly where this is. Bout a 1 minute walk.

what the hell is a muggle? They keep talking about muggles like we talk about rippers. They must be ppl that jack the cache or somethin?

12. Muggles are the ordinary folk that do not know about this sport. They don't want the caches to be found by people who don't know what the sport is and may take everything in the cache. When you take something from the cache, you put something back in of equal value. It's all about the fact your getting out, having fun, and just enjoying nature. It's extremely fun if you smoke while you look for them. Just be blitzed and enjoy the best of nature, because that's where what your smoking came from.

13. I guess it goes to show how many things exist in the world that you may not even realize, after furthur examining the site and some of the caches I think this is definently a good way for people to get out and do things outdoors, but a terrible mishap could ensue due to some of the remote locations these things are hidden. Just one more thing for the guerilla grower to take into account before picking a plot.

14. #14 cantharis, Apr 4, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 4, 2009

None on my roof though.

This sounds a bit like the sport of letterboxing that has been done on Dartmoor for 50 years or more.

15. fuck theres a ton in my area. i'm not growing outdoors this year. but still, i don't like the idea of ppl sneaking around looking for stuff.

16. Gives growers yet another factor to be concerned about.

17. Lol! I believe that's a good thing that none are on your roof. I don't think the cachers would be mentally prepared to climb up a wall and see your jungle lol! It does give growers one more thing to be concerned about, that's why I posted it! :smoke:

18. wow man im def glad you said somethin...i looked it up and there were two right near one of my spots ha

19. Lol:smoke: I'm glad I said something too! This was actually my hope for something like this to happen and someone post about it. It shows how vulnerable we are to the enviornment we put our ladies in. We need to make sure these spots are perfect :smoke:

20. Bumping this for sticky? This is some excellent information I have never seen posted on this site before and I think it's infinitely valuable for plot selection and protection. Anyone else agree?