Want to try DWC

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Clearsky, Mar 25, 2021.

1. I did hydroponics in the '90s, thought I would like to try one auto in a bucket with net pot, I would be using masterblend three part system for nutrients. My question is just mix up nutrients put in bucket with air stone and change the nutrients once a week. Does that sound like it would work. Thanks for any replys.

• Like Like x 1
  2. you'll need to measure the strength of the nutrient with a PPM/EC meter,
    you'll need to use a PH pen/strips to dial in the PH at 5.8

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. In a nutshell yes that’ll work but you’ll definitely need a ph and ppm pen like JKill said. These are invaluable to DWC.
    I’ve switched to advanced nutrients ph perfect but still check my ph and pm at least every other day. (pretty much every day only because I like being in my tent)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Yes I got the blue lab ph meter and ppm meter.

5. You will need to make sure your reservoir stays below 75F, or you'll potentially get root rot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ok thanks, I wasn't going to use a reservoir just change the water every week in bucket with fresh nutrients.

7. The nute solution in the bucket is the reservoir.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. I love AN ph perfect. Day 21 of 12/12 and I’ve never checked or adjusted ph once in the last 4 grows. I used to drive myself crazy checking and adjusting ph every day. I check ppm once or twice a day. If you’re not over feeding and your environment is dialed right in, ph perfect is magical.

Reverse osmosis water
    12-16 gallon custom rdwc system
    AN connoisseur a+b
    AN bud candy(week 1-6)
    AN big bud (week 2-4)
    AN overdrive (last 2 weeks)
    2ml/ gallon hydro guard

I used to change the res once a week, but we had a pretty severe drought last year and RO makes a lot of waste water. I do one res change when switching to 12/12 and that’s it. Add fresh solution every 2 -3 days and enjoy. This has worked great for me the last 2 grows, but may not work for everybody. Trial and error are what makes you a better grower. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  9. I’ve just used micro,grow and bloom and had decent luck with it. I wanted to get comfortable with those before using any more additions. I’m keeping good track of this grow using just the 3 and just got everything you use and going to do another grow and compare the difference

• Like Like x 2
  10. So I guess you use just the micro grow during veg, then add the bloom when it's time to flower.

11. Back in the 90s when I did hydroponics I only used a grow for veg and a bloom for budding, mixed nutrients then adjusted the pH, work very well. Use to have a 4x8 table with 20 clones on it in 3 inch rockwool cube's. And had a 30 gallon reservoir with a pump that came on to flood the table then 10 minutes later a pump came on to drain the table back to the reservoir every 12 hours worked very well the roots just laid on the table to breathe air. With three 430 watt lights over the table.

• Like Like x 1
  12. No it’s equal parts of all 3 throughout your whole grow. It’s about as easy as you can get.
    As I get later in flower I’ll add just a tad bit more bloom in my mix

• Like Like x 2
  13. Right on the $$ lol you said a mouthful there my friend ...nice to listen to a seasoned grower .. Twenty years in , I owe what I grow to High Time's mag n good ole honest to goodness trial n error ..ive tripped n fell along the way ...now I sit back n watch em grow allll day ...real pleasure to read to your knowledge . Keep up the fight jaboc 33

Sent from my LM-X120 using Grasscity Forum mobile app