Ventoux's Organic Blue Cheese in Coco

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by ventoux, Aug 3, 2010.

1. I got in to this one late in the game, but damn man, that is one amazing looking final product...what size container did you flower in if you dont mind me asking?

2. That was a #2 smartpot. I checked the root mass. It was fairly healthy and well spread through the coco. Not nearly as full as the last run, but that is probably due to flowering this one after 12 or 13 days.

Thanks for dropping over ND!

3. Digging the harvest and the Mt Dew can! Nice job!

4. Thanks Poss! Throw back Mtn. Dew is da' bomb.:cool:

5. That is pretty cool.

Stupid question.....Does the throwback dew taste the same or does it have a different twang to it?

BTW, nice bud show

6. I agree, those are beautiful buds.

And the Throwback Dew is really good, much better than the everyday Dew. But the Throwback Dew has come and gone where I live. No more Throwback Dew for me. :cry:

7. thye only let you get the good stuff for a short amount of time

sucks...real sugar makes all of the difference

8. No more around here either.... I happened across a stash of them on a road trip. I shamelessly admit to hoarding a few 12 packs. (throwback pepsi too :p)

9. Did a little experiment on the new mix. Since this is being made from "scratch" I was a little curious to see the pH of the mix. This may not be the most precise mechanism for testing, but I think it will give me a working estimate...

The test:
    In a 16oz keg cup, I mixed 1/3 cup RO water to 2/3 cup mix. Let sit for 40 minutes, then test with digital pH meter.

1st test: RO water: pH 7.5 - 7.6. Added mix. After 40 minutes, pH 6.5

2nd test: RO water: pH'd to 7.0. Added mix. After 40 minutes, pH 6.5

3rd test: RO water: pH'd to 6.0. Added mix. After 40 minutes, pH 6.4 - 6.5

4th test: RO water: pH'd to 5.0. Added mix. After 40 minutes, pH 6.4

Thought that was pretty cool... Not entirely sure what it means :p, but still cool to see consistency like that...

• Like Like x 1
  10. The measured pH of RO water is going to be a fairly arbitrary number. Pure water, no dissolved solids, has a theoretical pH of 7.0, neutral pH, but water without solids does not conduct electricity and lacks a measurable pH. RO water is not a pH buffer. Dissolve any solids into it, and the pH of the water will jump to the pH of those solids.

The mixture that I have seen recommended for testing the pH of coco is 1 part coco to 5 parts RO or distilled water. I think Ed had that in his coco guide.

I think it means the pH of you medium is 6.5, which begs the question: what is your target?

11. You know, I really didn't have a specific target. I was sort of looking for balance... if that makes sense. That being said, 6.5 seems like a good place to be, not too low, not too high...

Heck I was prepared for extremes in either direction, so I must admit I am pretty happy with where it landed...

12. 6.5 sounds pretty sane.

13. I love those throwback soda cans!

14. Deviate,

Thanks for swinging through man. :wave:

15. Rep for trying to figure it out ventoux! BTW, since you are using RO water what do you use to add micronutrients to your medium? I think Alatar probably hit the nail on the head with the RO water neutrality or something like that.

Nice swing!

16. SMOKE REPORT

Trips: First chop. Dried, been in the jars for a couple of days...

Strain info:

Chiesel:
    Big Buddha Chiesel is a combination of 2 of the best marijuana flavors from Cheese and Diesel developed by the Big Buddha whose breeding experts used a NYC Diesel male from the legendry Soma for a distinctive hint of that grapefruit taste to the ever popular cup winning Big Buddha Cheese.

Results:
    The smoke is very smooth, pleasant, and enjoyable. The fragrance is very strong with this one. Gentle on the lungs. No nasty after taste or smokers breath feeling after a toke or two... The results are a pleasant medium-slow rising high, which leaves one functional, especially in the creative arts, yet blissfully relaxed.

Rating:
    My only experience is with varieties that I have grown. That being said, compared to the others in jars, I would say this is right there with all the others. :rolleyes: Maybe it's the proud parent in me, but I love them all, and each one is wonderful in it's own way.. :p
    The best way for me to express a rating would be whether or not I would grow it again... I would grow Big Budda Chiesel again....:cool:

tr118101.jpg
    tr1108102.jpg

• Like Like x 1

17. Poss, missed ya...

My RO comes out at 7.6. I would have liked it to be 7.0. But with all the stuff in my local water, 7.6 is pretty good. (I had just calibrated my pen before the testing) The first test of the mix was unadjusted RO water.

As far as micro nutrients, I would like to think I have enough in there from the kelp and other goodies. If there happens to be something showing up during the grow, a tea or side dressing should take care of it... (in theory)...

18. So "Trips" is Chiesel? Where did the "Trips" term come from?

I have a couple of Cheisel beans.

That sounds nice. No couchlock, I gather. How would you compare or contrast the high of the Chiesel with that of the Blue Cheese?

How does the high of the Chiesel stand up to the claims of the product description?

Characteristics : Extremely uplifting
    ...a stunning combination of stone and high.
    ...highly euphoric and very functional effect.
    ...No hangover effect makes her ideal for an evening relax.

Would you say the Chiesel high is "extremely uplifting?"

Other verbiage in the product description implies that Chiesel is a sativa dominant strain that produces plants of medium height. Would you consider that an accurate assessment?

19. Trips was/is short for triplets.

good choice... Of course right now I am slightly biased...

Chiesel is like a smile :D.... Blue Cheese a jaw dropping drool ...:eek:..but in a good way ;)

Euphoric. Very much so. Functional is rather broad.... Yes, you can do something, but not getting sidetracked is the real challenge. However, whatever it is that I end up doing, I do it well.. and surprisingly thorough, with incredible attention to detail.

Oddly enough, there were two shorties. The bud picture with the can.... That's the whole plant. :(. (She was flipped to 12/12 in less than two weeks.) They were the two with the leaf mutations. Although they may be short with odd leaves, their buds are fantastic. The most dense ones I've grown. And sticky too.

The "normal" one is the tallest. I say normal, even though it is the oddball of the three, because it looks like a mj plant should. In fact she is getting chopped today or tomorrow. I will post a picture for you to get a size idea.

P4P the "normal" one is the best yielding plant I've had since I started growing organic, soil or coco.

• Like Like x 1
  20. UPDATE:

Trips 2 has been chopped and a quick trim job done this fine afternoon. As stated above this is a Big Budda Chiesel. Alatar, this is the "normal" one, or weird one depending on how you look at it... this one was grown in a #2 smartpot. Going to be digging into the rootball later today to see how it looks...

main cola.
    tr110820103.jpg
    most of the plant.
    tr1108104.jpg
    throwback pepsi shout-out...
    tr1108105.jpg
    lower buds.
    tr1108106.jpg

later y'all :wave: