Ventilation/ Exhaust Question--> Please Halp Mai

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by MrPicklesCC, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Good Morning GC,

I am starting Day 3 of my Grow and HEAT is already my biggest combatant. If the tent is completely sealed it quickly gets up to 85-86 degrees

I am running a 4'' inline exhaust fan that runs out the tent and then through about 7 feet of hose then out the window

I added a 6'' inline fan yesterday to blow air INTO the tent. It really has made little to no difference. (I keep my house temp between 74-75)

MY QUESTION: I was thinking the Exhaust Fan might work better if I got rid of the 7ft of hose and just had it exhaust straight into my bedroom, so the fan wouldnt have to blow the air as far, it would essentially blow straight out of the tent. I understand this will make my room smell, especially during Flower, but since it is legal here that really isnt a concern for me....

Everything I have read about Skywalker Strain online has told me it needs to stay below 80F

Thank you!

2. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures for Reference

3. I don’t think you’ll want it exhausting directly into the bedroom unless you’re in veg, and have an air conditioner in the room and you don’t care about the smell. Humidity will ultimately become a giant problem later in flower and they will need fresh dry air.

I take June-August off growing specifically because of the heat.

Are you running any air conditioning currently?

Traditionally, you want to always vent outside.

It’s 50° outside where I am, I run my lights from 6pm on- to 6am off. I need to put my air conditioner in this week to combat the heat

• Like Like x 1
  4. I live in a desert, so extremely dry and low humidity. Lack of humidity is more an issue for me than excess humidity. Right now I have 2% rH in my house.

I am running an AC in my house as now the daytime is starting to get up into the high 80's, close to 90 degrees here during the day time.

I currently run my lights from 4am-10pm (16/8)... so it does start cooling down once the lights go out, but then it was already back up to 85 F by 530am this morning (with light on and tent sealed up)

And no, I dont mind the smell being in the bedroom at all... I mean I already smoke weed in here all the time anyways. My house doesnt ever NOT smell like weed.

I could always leave the tent unzipped and open during the day. This would achieve the same thing basically, no? Then just zip my tent up at night and during my dark phases?

Thanks again

5. Try running your lights at night when its cooler and off during the heat of the day. Then focus your fans on removing air from the tent rather than pulling it in. Might wanna get some booster fans if you're gonna be running long tubing.

6. You need to move more air.
    Ditch the intake fan. As you learned it's not making a difference.

Buy the biggest honking highest CFM 4 inch fan they make. Buy a speed controller as it won't need max speed till late flower.
    Remove restrictions from system.
    Every foot of ducting drags down the fans ability to move air. That fat down to the floor loop isn't helping any.
    That wrinkly flex tubing has more losses then a solid wall metal duct.
    If you don't need the carbon filter then pull it as that is most of your restriction besides the long duct run.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. OMG if I add any more electrical devices to this grow my wife is going to kill me lol

I thought about the whole swapping when I run my lights but was a bit worried with trying to keep the plants dark during the day.

Something to consider though.

So far it does not sound like shortening the hose and just pumping the hot air out of the tent and into my bedroom is a popular idea....

8. BNW--- Awesome. Thank you! I kind of figured the deal with those hose but did not want to hassle with redoing the whole window kit-- but sounds like I should definitely do that. I will shorten the hose by about 50% at least today and see what that does.

I will definitely consider scrapping this carbon filter also if the shortening of the hose and making it more direct to the window does not help.

Thank you so much for your post!

9. Buy an evaporative cooler. It will raise humidity and cool the tent.

• Like Like x 1
  10. [​IMG]

I shortened the Hose by a lot. I will see what effect this has. My wife is really skeptical about removing the carbon filter.

Just how bad is the smell from 3 plants? like how potent I guess....

11. I posted this question in another thread but it seems applicable here as well---

Someone suggested removing the Pre-Filter from the Carbon Scrubber to improve air flow, Can anyone else comment on this? Good idea? Cause more damage to my filter than good?

I am getting ready to head to Home Depot so that I can add a humidifier into the tent. I will need to come up with a little home-made invention to keep the mist/fog off the plants

Thanks

12. Imagine what a couple grams in a small bag smells like..

Now imagine filling a room with live plants constantly transpiring and fans blowing the smell all around lol. It gets incredibly stinky if you do it right.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 3rd post i see today about removing the carbon filter
    Completely agree, unless they're autos they will stink crazy much, i see everyone say, nah, here is legal.
    Even if it is legal, don't you have people who steal in your country? I grow in a not Ilegal country, for personal use, but still police can show up and take out everything.

If I have a good filter and a good O³ inline is only cause I always been scared from getting robbed.

Best example I could see, if a few dryed grams can stink a House, imagine a couple hundreds, fresh... It's crazy

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

14. I decided to keep the filter.. I am still waiting to hear about removing the Pre-Filter to help improve Air Flow

I went to Home Depot and got this Evaporative Cooler.. I put it inside the tent for now but it doesnt seem to be doing much at all, I dont know if putting the Unit outside the Tent and putting a very short tube (6'') to vent air into the tent might work better (the air might get colder)

[​IMG]