VA legalization passes Senate. Legal July 1!!!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by moabfighter, Feb 6, 2021.

1. I wonder if VA growers will end up adopting a donation/gift system like they have in DC between now and 2024 as a way to operate in that legal grey area. Its like, "Hey, if you buy my $150 coffee mug I'll gift you with *free* weed!" or "If you make a $100 donation to our organization you can pick a *free* gift from the gift menu."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Sounds like thats what its going to be. The DC scene is really odd. Buddy used to get all the locations via instagram and go to the pop up locations.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Could do something like that. One time I bought a pen for $125 dollars and got the complete Wings (sitcom) series on DVD as a "gift" which was clearly something a guy recorded at home. He did a fairly good job at it though and the DVDs worked wonderfully for years.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Nevermind, lol

"And while sales of the drug are illegal, the legislation permits gifting up to an ounce of the drug to any adult. (The provision explicitly prohibits transactions that have become common in Washington, D.C., where companies sell legal products at high prices that are delivered with what is described as a free gift of marijuana.)"

Source: Marijuana will be legal in Virginia on July 1. Here’s what is and isn’t permitted under the new law. - Virginia Mercury

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. #25 nuggiehead, Apr 17, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2021
    i would imagine it's hard to enforce something like that though. i wonder if there are loopholes to the law. for instance, if you're selling something that you actually make. i could make some goofy abstract art and charge whatever the hell i want for it. people pay millions for that garbage. who's to say i can't do the same? :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. [QUOTE="nuggiehead i could make some goofy abstract art and charge whatever the hell i want for it. people pay millions for that garbage, who's to say i can't do the same? :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

lol! Are little bags of weed going to be part of your abstract sculpture? I want in on this art venture!

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Great news.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ok, if I hit 77 in Charlotte, where is the first place that I can get a pad when I hit VA? I’m bringing my buckets.