UV light to remove chlorophyll from tinctures

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Immacrepe, Mar 16, 2021.

1. I really do appreciate your advice, and there's plenty of people who shouldn't even be allowed to use an open flame. I hope you read the playful in my response. I only follow one rule 1. Don't be a dick,
    Everything else falls under that, lol. So, if im ever being one of those, please call my ass out! I had a lot of serious in my life, so now I'm all play, but I mean no harm.

• Like Like x 3
  2. So,I made some GD, with the 190, reduced to 1/3. I used 1/4 tsp to make 12 chocolates, at 7g each. My all day smoker guy ate one, waited 2 1/2 hours and ate a second. He started having the same symptoms as he would when acid starts working. He said he needed to sit down, but went down on his knees a few steps short of the couch. No taste, no smell, started working within 15 minutes for all of my test subjects. I'm going to attempt a gummy recipe with cocoa butter, instead of coconut oil because it has a higher melting point and I believe the stability will be improved I'm also going to be working with gelatin sheets instead of gelatin powder you can use more with less of that wet dog smell. I will use a small amount of the sunflower lectin I plan on mixing it with the melted cocoa butter and I'm mixing that with my green dragon and adding them together right at the end I will let you know how it goes I'm going to do very small control groups and test a bunch of different things out, but I like my odds; ):excl:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I did much the same early on. Small changes in this step or that one. Record what I did and leave a comment to myself as to the various effects. Rank each change on a 1-10 scale.
    I experimented with all the cooking oils from Avocado to Safflower oil. All the types and forms of Lecithin.
    Early harvest or Late
    Full standard dry and 60 day cure or can we rush things.
    That was a fail.
    For me it needs a late harvest. a long cure. and a very short edible processing

Played with the decarb, Messed with the processing time. Changed the number of freeze cycles. Just about every possible variable was worked over.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. A great load of info here @BrassNwood . If i was Mr Willy Wonker I'd hire you in a heartbeat to make my Gummie Bears & a THC infused Chocolate River, but im skippering HMAS Wonkatania;)...
    willy-wonka-tunnel-gif.gif

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. I wish i could have you over for coffee and bakes, and pick your brain! I'm limited to experimenting with the bud I'm given( it's pricey, but high quality). I try not to think about possible impurities like pesticides and such. I would imagine the decarboxylation and extraction could potentially concentrate the bad as well. My boyfriend's mom is intolerant of almost all smells,( possibly the respiratory distress is not just in her head,) except weed and cigarettes, but hasn't smoked for decades. . She lives on mostly vitamins, and her diet consists of 4 or 5 different things. That being said, she's open to eating my food for once, since she physically cannot inhale smoke at all now. This woman is almost 70, wears her tube top and short shorts to bike ride, with her fanny pack stocked full of herb, a bowl and a few lighters. My goal is to make things so strong, she doesn't try to smoke, and doesn't even miss it. I loove solving mysteries and coming up with new ways to prepare and present desserts, so I've made it my mission. I'm trying to read all of Sam's thread, but time is of the essence. It seems that if I have my concentrated tincture and I combine that with sunflower lectin then I wouldn't need to also add a fat, but I don't want to waste product finding out and sometimes there are not people around who I can feed samples to and if I take them myself well I'm just not one of those people that functions well after I get high so I have been trying to only sample when I'm finished everything for the day. I'm thinking of infusing a simple syrup because she hates honey to make into hard candies but then I don't know do I need to use the sunflower lectin and a fat in the hard candies because then I'm looking at a caramel type substance instead the gummies with the cocoa butter came out really good I used cherry Jell-O and they taste like chocolate covered cherries there is a thin layer of cocoa butter but it didn't seem to compromise the structure they are drying a little slower but not a gummy mess the way people reported with coconut oil. The other thing I considered was capsules but the ones that I found in the review section people said they weren't holding liquid well. So I happen to have a copious amount of extra strong gelatin sheets part of my severance package when the restaurant closed forever. I was thinking of combining the tincture with the sunflower lectin and cocoa butter pipe it into capsule size beads freeze them and then drop them into gelatin pull them out and dry them but that feels like a hell of a long process and I'm worried she might try to use them as a suppository. So for now I think I'm going to stick to white chocolate because it's the kind she likes gummies and hard candies you've already been a huge resource of information. I am absorbing all of it, and if you are so inclined, or pity me,( Haha.) I'm still not clear on the whole ratio of tincture to fat to lectin, and if those are necessary for the strongest outcomes , or can I eliminate a fat content, can citric acid enhance the psychoactive effects? The more iLearn the more questions I have. Does Sam happen to have a cliff notes version for a study cram?

6. #26 BrassNwood, Mar 24, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
    Actually Sam does run a Tincture "Lite" thread. Should be a sticky like his main thread is.

[​IMG]
    First round

[​IMG]
    Second round
    [​IMG]
    Third Round
    [​IMG]
    And
    Triple batches shown
    15 grams of 160 micron dry ice Kief
    3 tablespoon of Coconut oil
    1.5 teaspoons Lecithin
    [​IMG]
    I think at this point I was going to stop so I did the finger wipe and bowl lick.
    [​IMG]
    BadKats direct oil is dead simple to make , never fails to impress and is as good as it gets IME.

Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.

5 grams of Decarbed Kief or Hash or Powdered buds
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Combine
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes "Edited to correct"
    Freeze
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Done

[​IMG]
    Made up some 1 drop capsules and we'll find the required sweet spot on my next Cancer patient.

Take one. Wait 2 hours
    if not stoned
    Take 2 more and wait another 2 hours
    if not stoned
    Take 4 more and wait 2 more hours
    if not stoned
    Continue doubling and waiting until it works.
    Now you have a baseline number of drops to start at next time.

Capsules work equally well from both ends. Used as a suppository they don't have near the hammer stone but you get all the medication.
    Level of stone depends on distance inserted. The further inserted the heaver the stone will be, or so I'm told.
    :)

BNW

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Thank you so much this is incredibly helpful and I am going to do all of this today I can't even tell you how much I appreciate your time and patience

8. :)

BNW

9. Hi! I hope you're having a good day. I am ready to make the oil and I just wanted to clarify, 420 minutes ( awesome number) seems like a lot. I'm thinking it's a typo and should read for 20 minutes? Also, I have both coconut oil and MCT. I'm leaning towards the mct, do you have a preference? Thanks again, also making hard candy today. All of my testers liked the gummies, but my patient doesn't like chewy things. She is loving the chocolate and even gained a few lbs since Wednesday!

Attached Files:

10. AAAKKKKKKKK
    I've typed this recipe out hundreds if not thousands of times and ..... I Can't believe it.

Decarb = 240 F for 40 minutes (240 for 40).

5 grams of Hash or ??
    1 tablespoon Coconut oil
    1/2 teaspoon Lecithin
    Heat 220 F for 20 Minutes (220 for 20) OOOOppppsss
    Freeze (optional)
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes (optional)

The freeze and reheat are more a texture thing and don't change the stone. Removes the gritty mouth feel if you let the hash capsules melt in your mouth.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  11. As to the choice between Coconut or MCT. MCT is made from Coconut. It just a fractionated version and has the Lauric acid removed ( think I got that right ) Some claim the MCT is faster to hit.
    I'm didn't find any appreciable difference between them and use the Coconut as it's the lower cost and works the same on me. As always I advise you to test both and see for yourself.

The most popular ones were the rendered bacon fat based "Hashies". LOL I had to stop making them as they were just to tempting to " Have Another" .

BNW

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. My phone works against me in almost every message I send, post I write...I found you in other threads,I figured you wrote it after 420 or "for 20" just played out different. It was the reason I wasn't going to make it until today I thought 420 minutes is long I've got to make sure I don't have anything else going on that day! I had 8 gs hanging around, so I made one with 5, one with 3. They look good, my boyfriend tested a small amount with my fried chicken dinner. He's been dancing around the house, which is unusual for a metal head :weed: I used my mortar and pestle, next time I'll pulverize it in the nutribullet, I'm going to tru to make my own gelatin capsules, because I'm ridiculous :thankyou:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Working with powdered buds can be tricky to get a fine enough dust that flows evenly in a standard eyedropper.
    [​IMG]
    A flour sifter helps as can a larger bore dropper or Pipette.

[​IMG]

The plastic child dosing droppers have a larger bore and can be enlarged with careful trimming.

BNW

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  14. You're the best! My silicone molds came with eyedroppers, and ive got a case of piping bags from the restaurant closing. For mold filling, a parchment triangle works perfectly, three folds and you've got a piping bag, there are probably a ton of YouTube videos. Then ya chill the bag, and leftover pops right off to either remelt the chocolate, or chefs dibs. This thread is like if Martha Stewart and Snoop dog had a lovechild, maybe they do

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. It's been a while since we had what I consider a top quality candy / confectioner. I was privileged to have joined the City while BadKat was still active. Her thread is the source for the oil recipe. It'll be great to have another like her on the City.

I make wickedly strong, high quality oil but otherwise I should NOT be let loose in the kitchen past making scrambled eggs. LOL.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. I too am looking forward to further discussions here. Single serving candy based edibles are something I really need to get on the shelves in my dispensary. We currently just offer standard issue tinctures, hash caps, and some infused coconut products. My wife is new to candies but has a good handle on all of the rest.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. BadKats CannaPharm: Medical Grade Oil, Cannabis Capsules, UV GLOWING Hash Candy, Canna Bombs more
    200 pages of infused Candies, Truffles, and other Canna Bombs.

BNW

• Like Like x 2
  18. I wish I had known about this sooner,based on her name alone I think we would have had fun! Thank you, I'm honored and I hope my background will enable me to help, I'm at your service. *insert awkward curtsey*
    I have made attempts in the past at canna ghee, canna bacon fat , brownies. It's the one thing that has stumped me. I gave up because it's an expensive ingredient to screw up. I don't know if anyone has done it, but I make sourdough breads. I want to make a B.L.THC sandwich, with an infused sourdough and a mayo made with infused bacon fat. It's something that ive been thinking about for a few years. Maybe I'll get the chance to make one for you someday. Here's a mousse cat with dedrat and melba sauce, when I had fun at work. For badkat and some of my anadama loaves 20190601_153356_Film1.jpg 20190926_140215_Film1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. I'd be happy to help you both, I'm noooot sure where you're located, but the dispensaries are not allowed to carry edibles in PA yet, but I'll be ready once we're recreational. It's only a matter of time now. For me, this is only for family and close friends. I'm noooot tryna get locked up, I am fascinated, and enjoy the high way more than smoking. It's completely different and although I don't have a medical need,I think this should be available to all adults over 18. I'm a huge advocate for decriminalizing all drugs, but even more so for recreational marijuana and magic mushrooms. I think the world will be a better place, once more people open their minds, and stop being so judgey! I truly hope I'm able to help!:hola:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. My turn to Laugh. My wife is something of a "Cook" She has become quite the Sourdough Baker. She was already well into it when March of last year stripped the stores not only of Flour but Yeast vanished for months even after the flour came back. I think that was when her interest in "Wild" starter Sourdough hit an all time high.

We have a "Cabin in the Woods" high enough to get Snow so a predicted storm sees us run off to get snowed in. Usually only lasts a month at the most but she gets to bake her ass off for that time.
    ===================================================

I helped run a booth at a Cannabis event a few years back and we sold doctored food. In the months leading up to the event we experimented with figuring out the best ways to "infuse" a variety of "Picnic" type foods and Condiments.
    As I and the other major player both concentrated our grows into Dry Ice Kief it was chosen as the base for everything.
    Catsup, Mustard, Mayo can all be directly doctored with Kief-Coconut oil with little taste impact.
    We never did get the dogs and burgers to infuse so call that a fail. To much heat.
    Toast the dog and burger buns then brush them with thinned Canna oil.
    =============================
    For making a Clean cooking grade oil from buds
    You'll have losses, it's messy, the oil is weaker.

Scissor cut buds into pea or smaller sized nuggs
    Decarb 240 F for 40 minutes uncovered.
    5 grams decarbed pea nugs
    2-3 Tablespoons of Coconut oil.
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes
    Let cool to skin temp and press out with Garlic press.
    Lick tools and hands clean to not waste Cannabis. :)
    Add Lecithin 1/6th to volume of oil 1-2 teaspoons.
    Heat 220 F for 20 minutes.
    Done.
    This will be free of 95% of the Plant material for the sensitive recipes or tastes buds.

BNW

• Winner Winner x 1