Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[UPDATED] Do You Qualify for a Medical Marijuana Recommendation

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WildWill, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Is that a state card for that much money? If so, is that a law?

2. Have no idea, all I know is I spent 300 dollars and now I can have up to 2 ounces on my person at anytime as long as I have my card

• Like Like x 1
  3. Wow I can't believe this is still here

4. Yes, you can qualify if your medical condition is determined by the doctor. Or else you can directly contact My MMJ Doctor for any queries. They will connect you with their health practitioner and you can ask them about your debilitating condition. I hope that it would be helpful for you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yes ! If you are suffering from Insomnia then after consulting from registered medical practitioner you can opt for your medical cannabis card.

6. Depending on the state, you may qualify for treatment with medical marijuana if you meet certain requirements and have a qualifying condition.

7. My friend's sister in law, She was suffering from Insomnia. She used cannabis for managing the symptoms related to the disease but it was not beneficial as she was not consuming according to the dose. She then consulted My MMJ Doctor regarded the services after verifying all the details about the services and authenticity. She decided to take help from My MMJ Doctor. There she was evaluated by the best medical practitioners. After evaluation, she was given her Medical Marijuana Card. Doctors gave her after-sales support and they told her the necessary precautions to be taken care of. She was given the drug dosage details. On the whole, always consider a trustworthy source of marijuana and always consume it in the prescribed dosage.

8. #348 Robert A. McAtee, Oct 27, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2022
    You must have been given a diagnosis of an illness that qualifies for a medical marijuana card, such as one of the following qualifying medical conditions for a marijuana card
    • Alzheimer's illness
    • Acute Myeloid Leukemia
    • Syndrome of wasting or cachexia
    • Cancer
    • persistent ache
    • Continual Muscle Spasms
    • PTSD
    • Immune insufficiency syndrome, acquired (AIDS)
    • Anorexia
    • Arthritis
    • Cachexia (wasting syndrome) (wasting syndrome)
    • persistent ache
    • Glaucoma
    • Migraine
    • extreme nausea
    • ongoing muscular spasms
    • Seizures (for example, epileptic seizures) (for example, epileptic seizures)

9. I've had or still have 5 of these conditions. Kidney cancer, which I'm cured. Until I looked through my records online and I found out that I have a tumor on my left adrenal gland. Same kidney with the cancer. Everyone said that it's not cancer, so they are going to sit back and watch it. Oh, joy! I have seizures due to head trauma. Persistent ache, severe pain is what I call it. PTSD. Rheumatoid Arthritis. And other conditions, diverticulosis, Atril Fib, corrected by ablation surgery, I hope. Restless leg syndrome, whiplash injury from a car accident, the same that gave me seizures. Ok, let me ask you men something. Would you rather make PMS and menopause added to the list of health conditions? Or can you put up with us as is?

10. Looks like Indiana will never be legal. Every Republican in every race is winning in Indiana. Abortion will be illegal too. I want to go back home to Kentucky.

11. This is an old thread and maybe this is already covered.
    Virginia does not have a list of qualifying conditions. If you and your qualified physician decide cannabis will help you, you can get a recommendation .You no longer need a card from the Board of Pharmacy, just the doctor's recommendation. I pay a $10 copay. I thought I'd have to "sell" the idea to my physician, but he was ready to write my recommendation on request.
    That said, I never thought VA would have a Medical Program and it took awhile to get up and running, and now we're also a legal recreational state thanks to Gov Northam.

12. Must be nice. Gov. Beshear of KY has a standing order giving everyone an automatic pardon if they get caught with less than 8 oz. As long as they have a written recommendation from a doctor and keep their receipt from a dispensary. It's something considering the Republicans are refusing to legalize even MMJ. Sen. Damon Thayer thinks everyone should stay drunk instead since he owns a distillery.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Not sure how they do it in your state (USA here) in Fl Drs Cheech or Chong will give you a license only if you have the $ & of course the state gets a big cut. Do you need a special state license to buy ANY other "medicine" NOPE. It never got remotely close to needing to show medical records & I never saw any diplomas on the wall. Don't sweat it. I found some seeds in my early legal dispensary buds & the rest is history. I'll stop smoking before I pay the state another penny.

14. Does a note from Mommy count? :biggrin:

15. I live in Maine. I have had prostate cancer twice.

In 2016 when I first got cancer, I looked into getting MMJ card but they were $300. I said NO and just grew it myself from seed.

This year [2023] I found a doctor who gives MMJ cards for $30. So I got the card and with the card I was able to buy some clones.

• Like Like x 3
  16. Good luck with the clones & that other thing.:thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks, I am frustrated.

I am an organic farmer. This year has been very different weather-wise. We have had a huge amount of rain. I was plowing a field when the rain started, it came down so hard the ground got saturated, so additional rain had nowhere to go. Just walking out to my tractor my feet would sink 8 inches into the mud. There was 6 weeks that I could not move my tractor. As I am watching the days on the calendar go by, the grow season slipping past. My clones were in the ground and nearly drowned from the standing water.

I don't think I am going to have a very successful year on the farm this year.

I also have some goofy health condition happening. My doctor is having issues isolating exactly what is causing it. In the last month, I have had an MRI [which revealed that I had a stroke about a year ago, but did not notice], an echocardiogram, an EKG, and right now I am sitting here wearing a heart monitor that I have to wear for 30-days, in the hope of recording some skipped beat or something. Apparently the heart has an electrical system that can sometimes get whacked.

18. Don't get tazed bro.

• Like Like x 1
  19. It's called Atril Fib or A-fib for short. It's a problem with the electrical signals of the heart. The top of your heart quivers instead of beating. That can cause your blood to pool in one spot and cause a blood clot. The condition runs on my mom's side of the family. So strokes are common. My mom had a series of them and the last one was fatal. The doctors said that there was a blood clot on the back of her heart. She was on a blood thinner, warfarin, but it didn't protect her. That's why I switched to another blood thinner. The co-pay is outrageous but it beats not being on blood thinners at all.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Not fer nuttin but when it comes to YOUR heart, I'd recommend getting your info from YOUR cardiologist vs the interweb. ;)

• Like Like x 1