Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

[UPDATED] Do You Qualify for a Medical Marijuana Recommendation

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by WildWill, Jun 12, 2012.

1. After my 1st time getting a card (initially my Dr said no), My Doc simply signed a short form I provided him via email..he didn't even need to see me..Perhaps this yr, he may, but that's just fine with me. He is an old school pain management Doc, and knew nothing about MMJ (or so he said). Now he is VERY curious about my results after 10+ yrs of very little relief from the strong pain meds he USED to prescribe for me. (Not been in personally for about 18 months now). In fact, the renewals are totally simplified now. Download your pre-filled in app from the site..sign where indicated + the Dr.'s recommendation>> Mail or take it in. >>Get a temp card immediately and the permanent one in less than 30 days..Mine took less than 5 days. Love the drive to Carson City for the Renewal, but was too busy this yr and Gas is out of control again!

The new law in Nevada is that a Dr. cannot prescribe more than a 30 day supply of the crap, and not for more than 12 consecutive months..Stupid, but they had to do something here..The epidemic is way out of control. I feel for those that need it simply to live out their lives.

2. If you like extracts..maybe try a hair straightener and press out some Rosin? Then move up to a decent press.

When I used to try tp press Dispensary flower..my yields and potency were not that good (10-15%)..Now with a decent press (newer one on the way) I get between 20-30% with no problems. The potency difference is staggering..Dispensary weed is nowhere unless there is no other choice (Reno anyway). Now I hear that dispensarys can only carry pre packaged weed ..death in Nevada imo. Even grow ops with retail shops have crummy weed.

3. Yeah I have thought about getting into Rosin tech but yield with hair straightener is too low for me, and investing in a press won't make sense for me until the price of flower comes down. For now, I keep just getting my concentrates outside the dispensary and getting most of my flower from the dispensary. It is all prepackaged in NJ as well, but the bud quality is decent, not the best but it does the job.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hello everyone, let me start off by saying that I live in Florida, and I was approved by a physician for a medical marijuana recommendation a little over 2 weeks ago, and I just want to know what does the application process consist of aside from proof of residency, processing payment and making sure the patients name and stuff is correct? Does the health department conduct their own review of the diagnosis such as calling the diagnosing physicians office themselves to find out every detail for every visit? Just curious as to why there is such a long wait to get an approval from the DOH? Thank you very much for any information anyone may be able to provide! P.S Since the doctor gave me an approval for the medical marijuana recommendation, is it just a matter of time before I get approved by the health department, or can they still reject me?

5. Eat it, rub a cream made with it on your affected area, They even have suppository(s) now..LOL

As for strain..you must play a bit..ie: CBD stuff does nada for me..but many indica high THC strains help me bigly.
    Experiment with a few until you find something you like..THEN GROW IT FOR YOURSELF AND SAVE $$ + HAVE WAY BETTER MEDICINE;)

I drove 30 miles to get some GDP (my local dispensarys didn't carry it). After trying it for a week for pain and sleep..That was my choice..so I grew it and now it is the backbone of my garden..

6. Gorilla Glue #4 Helps my night time pain
    But everyone is different

• Like Like x 1
  7. ,

!
    [/QUOTE]

This post doesnt even have all the states. It doesn't even mention New York

8. This post doesn't even have all the states. It doesn't even mention New York[/QUOTE]

The thread was created 7 years ago and there have been a lot of states that have passed MMJ laws since then.If someone wanted to take the time to organize an update and PM me the text in a ready to copy/paste format, I'd be happy to update the original post.

9. The thread was created 7 years ago and there have been a lot of states that have passed MMJ laws since then.If someone wanted to take the time to organize an update and PM me the text in a ready to copy/paste format, I'd be happy to update the original post.[/QUOTE]

Looks like a job for @Storm Crow

10. On
    The thread was created 7 years ago and there have been a lot of states that have passed MMJ laws since then.If someone wanted to take the time to organize an update and PM me the text in a ready to copy/paste format, I'd be happy to update the original post.[/QUOTE]

Ok cuz in the original post it say don't create any post asking about medical laws or it will be deleted but if that's the case you should just mention all state to begin with cuz what happens with the people who live in those states u didn't mention if they have a questions about obtaining medical marijuana if they cannot just make a separate post asking? There are a lot of states not even mentioned at all....

11. And I no longer work for this forum, ergo I have no capabilities to update it even if I had the time and energy to do so.

12. According to california law, a patient can get a recommendation and approval for the medical use of marijuana from a licensed physician.

Conditions are eligible to be treated with medical marijuana
    • cancer
    • anxiety
    • Chemotherapy
    • Anorexia
    • Chronic pain
    • Spasticity
    • Glaucoma

• Like Like x 1
  13. mine ran out and now my current doctors don't want me to smoke weed

• Like Like x 1
  14. If you are schizophrenic and/or bipolar and you have the medical records to confirm, you can usually get a card or 'scrip just like that, no questions asked.

I have severe chronic pain in my lower legs, ankles and feet, along with extreme low body weight and trouble keeping food down. That was enough to get me approved for medical marijuana in Washington DC.

• Like Like x 1
  15. You’re right, that’s much reason to get approved

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

16. We could fix this. Write to me .

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

17. Trong khi đó, chúng tôi có thể làm gì?

18. Lol. What did you call me? Lmao!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. You have done a really good job! I cannot agree more with how people are trying to use fraudulent ways to become qualified. I think everyone should have this list of medical conditions with name of States, so they can quickly check whenever needed.

20. When I lived in florida I walked into a clinic and asked how I could get a medical card, the lady I spoke to pulled out a sheet of paper with every possible ailment you could have that you can get a card for, but me being a stoned dumbass I couldn't tell what I could claim I had without a good way to verify so I said I had glaucoma, lady looked me in the eye and said "you sure?" And then pointed to a line on the sheet that said chronic anxiety and/or stress. So stoned me trying to be smooth as butter and slick as oil said "I'm chronically stressing over my anxiety" and somehow got myself a card.. best $300 ive ever spent to date