UPDATE ON THE BORDER WALL...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro harley, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Lol! Right?

2. i thought i knew what i was talking about. did you miss a concept?

i apologize if you dont understand my words, i empathize with you. i can try to explain things to you but i cannot learn them for you. that's a task you have to own.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. There is no use trying to engage in a battle of wits with them. It's wrong to attack an unarmed person.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. And here come your brilliant insults. Can't carry on a conversation, let's call everyone everyone who points out your fallacies stupid and call it a day. You did learn something from the bad orange man, apparently.

5. :confusedalt: what were we discussing? i'm confused :confused_2:

6. The CBP numbers in 2019 compared with today and how ineffective the wall is, and why we need to close the borders, which are already closed.

But yah I realized that you're confused when you went on a tangent about the importance of preventing forrest fires and that some people are too slow to keep up with your logic.

7. Maybe they’re closed on paper but obviously many people are still being allowed in - which isnt closed where I come from.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. So how do you guys suggest we "close" them? Certain travel is required. What's the plan exactly? Build a moat in addition to the wall? Gun turrets?
    Do you shift all government resources into border patrol?

10. you do realize our southern border abutting mexico is 1,954 miles long? a moat is a good idea as is a wall. when someone says "close the border" i believe the only issue at hand is to prevent illegal entry. ports of entry, i.e. "border crossings" are easily closed but the PoE's are the managed areas and that's where 1000's of people cross back and forth every day.

what's the solution? make crossing the border illegally very painful and impossible. if people want to come to the US they must do so legally. that's the solution.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. With the lack of water here and a continuing draught, I don't think the moat idea will float.

:smoke:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. yeah, I'd like to see either private interests or eminent domain (market price) actions and simply build an impenetrable border constructed like a DMZ all along the border. razor concertina wire as far as the eye can see, drones, sensors, rapid response teams, etc.

just say "NO" to illegal immigration.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Some places are fairly impassable, yet are also migration routes for animals, some as rare as the jaguar. The wall also impedes the flow of flash flooding and creates dam effects that destroy the area.

• Like Like x 2
  14. The bottom line is that they’re still letting lots of people into the country vs sending them back out.

j

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. The government is still allowing folks to come in tho - and without proper vetting or Covid testing. I feel bad for them but thats where it ends. As Possum said - this needs to be done proper or not at all.

j

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. If they want a real solution;
    They need to use physical barriers in high traffic areas and detection devices.
    In impassable areas they need seismic monitoring and perhaps some drone checks.
    They need to be aware of flood/water areas and game trails.

The answer is definitely not one huge continuous wall.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. The issue I see right now, is that, even if the border is “closed” right now as @well highdrated says, is that folks are still passing thru illegally and then, even though they’ve come thru illegally, being allowed to enter the country, so a wall seems to be a moot point because of this.

Of course this is my own opinion, and please understand that I am completely FOR all immigrants that wish to become US citizens to be able to do so, but this isn’t happening as it should be - as it always has been - the “legal way”. They’re crossing illegally and still being allowed to enter the United States, and I’m not sure why.

Some are being turned back but a large amount are being allowed to come in; seems to be the luck of the draw at this point.

It appears to be a clusterfuck down there at the border - still.

I was watching a news program recently where busloads of immigrants were being just dropped off by our government in tiny Texas towns in the middle of nowhere. I don’t understand what is going on.

j

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Completely agree - that would be silly and frivolous - but we do need some kind of a real deterrent zone between the countries - same as they have at almost all other countries borders.

I really like spanish folks - they’re good folks, or at least the ones that I’ve had the pleasure of knowing and working with - and welcome them with open arms. This is something that has always been a super positive thing for us, for the USA - the taking in of the poor, the downtrodden from other countries or just people that want to live here - its just that it HAS to be done right; as it always has been, by the right steps, keeping a level playing field.

I personally think our country will be better off with these hardworking folks.

Plus I love real spanish food...

:passing-joint:

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. a security force has been keeping Groom Lake, NV secure for 60+ years using nothing but simple chain link fencing, technology, and manpower. if we took the politics out of the equation and simply said, "ain't gonna happen sneaking across the border", it would no longer be an issue.

try sneaking onto a secure military installation and see how that works out. US border security is purely political.

• Winner Winner x 1