UPDATE ON THE BORDER WALL...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by nitro harley, Aug 29, 2020.

1. I'm glad you found some numbers to fit your narrative. Now, let's look at real data:
    U.S. Border Patrol Southwest Border Apprehensions by Sector

Do you really not understand the difference between reports in March or February of the same year vs looking at multiple years prior?

Did we say anything about unaccompanied kids specifically? What does that have to do with total apprehensions?

Lastly don't forget that nobody was going anywhere in 2020, the numbers dropped significantly in 2020 from 2019, but started going up again towards the end of the year.

Family Units* Encounters by Country:
    Guatemala: in 2029 - 185,233... This year so far
    Honduras: 188,416 in 2019 ... 38,921 now
    El salvador: 56,897 in 2019 ... 7,797 now

Are they going to catch up? Possibly. But the larger point is that if you're going to throw some numbers around at least understand who they mean.

Looking at the actual data, without sensationalism of your favorite news source, the best policy appears to be the pandemic.

Last, but not least... Are you saying that the border wall isn't working? Didn't you hear trump say that they did a fantastic job and the immigration crisis is now over.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. #302 Possuum, Apr 10, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021

what I'd like to know is why dont you care that this event is unfolding? you're hung up on semantics and seemingly oblivious to reality. it seems you just enjoy screaming into the wind.

blame trump all you want if it makes you feel better but blame is just deflection. it's sleepy and comma's problem now. blaming trump for the border crisis is like you blaming me for why you cant get ahead in life and just be happy. dont be ignorant.

edit: ignorance. there are 100's of articles and opinion pieces that are non-Fox based describing the unmitigated crisis at our border but if the story doesnt fit the libtard agenda it's ignored - ignorance - or it's poo-poohed. you'd think people such as yourself would be a champion for at least ONE american value of some sort. and you wonder why you struggle so much.... tsk.

• Like Like x 3
  3. I could ask you why don't you care about the pandemic, but that would be a moot point.

Everyone is freaking about this "event" as though it's something new and is somehow related to Biden's "open invitation". The numbers suggest that we have had very similar events under the previous administration.

Likewise the wall isn't working or doing a damn thing as most people said it wouldn't. Although yourself and many others screamed "Borders!"

4. Dude - I quoted NBC News, ABC 7 and the Post lol

They’re estimating over 2 million this year by the way things are going. How can you not see this?

Ya figger Ol’ Joe is building multiple new facilities for Little League?

Jeez man.

j

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Its like going to the doctor with a broken leg.
    Doc: According to your chart you have high blood pressure, we can fix that.
    Patient: I'm here for my broken leg, the bone is sticking out.
    Doc: *looks at chart* Your leg isn't broken.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
  6. Numbers? 5 times the amount of kids is similar to previous administrations?? Most EVER??

And how could a wall work when construction was stopped and its full of openings to walk around?

lol

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1

7. i'm not intending to pick at you but your stated pov on this matter is not founded on reality. as for my pov on the pandemic it's a different topic and context, and the border wall isn't complete so that's a moot point.

let's not mix metaphors so-to-speak. as for the illegals, i wont open my home to them. will you? i think i saw a headline today that "the administration" is considering paying people in the central america triangle to stay home. that might make more sense than putting them in tents.

8. Good lord!!!

Man but its a good thing we dont have a deficit!

Tell ya what - and heres an idea that wont cost you and I any extra $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$...

CLOSE THE FUCKING BORDER???

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. #309 Possuum, Apr 10, 2021

things are out of control mate. the whole concept of money has lost its meaning to me except that i never seem to have enough to satisfy a few "wants" and only enough to meet basic needs for the cost of living in the 21st century. when i think of winning a lottery draw (which i rarely pay $1 to try), I think in terms of, if i could win the pick 5 that would be $250K and i could get everything i currently want.

$250K used to be big money not long ago lol. crazy times these days. :confused_2: i say wth, pay the people to stay away. why not haha. it's got to be cheaper than what's going on today at our border. or, the US could drop back from the border and create a 3 mile wide DMZ. i know for sure that would work. the hell with a wall just put a couple miles wide of razor wire stacked 50 feet high. that will do it.

edit: correction, the administration is considering paying the governments not the people. i'm sure that's a grand plan :rolleyes: (i only need $250k for wants)

Exclusive-U.S. considering cash payments to Central America to stem migration

10. LoL look at the numbers, I really don't care about your or ABC opinion on this matter.

Dude. You were screaming fake news from the top of your lungs for years. Now you believe everything you read? Now estimations matter?

Notice the title of this thread. So the wall doesn't work?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. It is "closed" until the 21st at least...

How are you not able to do even the most basic research?
    CBP Customer Service

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Awesome, effective border wall...

They're just dropping kids over the wall now.

Adults are climbing over...

13. Great job staying on topic.
    So they built over 400 miles of big, beautiful impenetrable wall... Why aren't we seeing a reduction in border crossings? Previous administration focused everything on that fucking wall and stopping people from coming in. Today the numbers are about as bad as in 2019... Care to explain? If you actually want to stay on topic.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. #314 Possuum, Apr 10, 2021
    because there is still 1500 miles of unsecured border? i'm guessing. or it could be the current administration is not doing enough to stop the influx.

i've clearly offered my opinion on the border, in summary shut it down and send everyone home. what's your fix for this debacle?

edit: i'm not surprised you dont have even a vague solution. you just like to complain about trump lol. haha, dude trump isn't potus anymore. it's your picks now. get on em and tell em to straighten this shit up. it's inhumane.

• Like Like x 2
  15. #315 garrison68, Apr 10, 2021
    Biden's Border Czar, Roberta Jacobson, has resigned. Jacobson is a former Ambassador to Mexico and has extensive experience. She probably could not work for Kamala Harris, a person who knows nothing about immigration from Central America, and has never even visited the border, yet has been assigned by Biden to oversee the handling of it.
    Biden 'border czar' Roberta Jacobson stepping down amid crisis

Looking over Roberta Jacobson's career, she would have been a far better Vice Presidental candidate than Harris, but as she is not bi-racial, she was not qualified.

Roberta S. Jacobson - Wikipedia

16. Be easier to just walk around it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Great! We’re even!

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Thank you for proving again that you have no idea what you're talking about. The border is closed. It's shut down as far as everyone is concerned, except those who cross illegally.

In a fiscal 2022 discretionary funding request, Biden asks for $1.2 billion for border-security technology and $861 million in aid to Central America, “as part of a comprehensive strategy to address the root causes of irregular migration” from the region to the U.S.

We've wasted enough money on the wall, which doesn't work and the border is closed, which apparently does not stop illegal crossings.

I'm ok to try Biden's plan... But it's not like you knew they actually had one. The Biden Plan for Securing Our Values as a Nation of Immigrants | Joe Biden for President: Official Campaign Website

Do you have any specific problems with the plan and the budget, or are you just regurgitating fox news again?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Except I gave you numbers from the border patrol and a source. There's a pretty big difference between a fact and an opinion. Someday you'll figure it out.

You think I'm trying to get "even" with you? Taking it a bit too seriously, no?

20. I think its a riot that at least in the first half dozen paragraphs all he’s doing is blaming his predecessor. Puke.

And then theres this: “When children are locked away in overcrowded detention centers and the government seeks to keep them there indefinitely.”

Detention centers/“migrant facilities” same damn thing.

This is super professional on the Presidents page -
    “Together we can make Donald Trump a one term President and defeat Republicans across the country. Donate today:”

The dude was a clown but he’s gone and has been gone. Excuses.

j

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1