Unhappy with Mars Hydro TS3000

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by JerryInDFW, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Received my new light on Tuesday. Installed it yesterday with plans on using it in my new 5x5 tent.

Plugged it in and put it on the kill a watt Rather than pulling the spec 450w, plus or minus 5%, it's pulling 413w max. I do like that it doesn't run very hot.

I expect this power deficiency would impact any potential yield by as much as a couple of ounces.

Trying to decide where to go next. Pretty sure I want to kick it up to a 650w fixture. Trouble finding one that has a good spectrum, with a little UV & IR, and would like to keep it under a grand.

Suggestions appreciated! 20210415_103251.jpg

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Check your meter before getting upset, but mars isn't the best products from what I have read.

3. I would worry as much about the accuracy of the power meter as accuracy of the power claimed to be used by the light.
    A better way of judging this is to use only two significant digits.
    Then 41 and 45 don't seem so far apart.

4. Does your drivers have a control knob to dial up the voltage to the light and when testing the watts are you dialed all the way to max?

5. Meter's fine. It's brand new out of the package. Light started up as 420w and dropped down. Everything else tests spot on.

6. Cranked up full tilt

7. Well they claimed ±5%, and that makes 22.5w versus 37w. So my gut says send it back.

8. HLG 600 Rspec®

9. It would make more sense to measure the dc output and compare it to what it's supposed to be. If you get the same dc output for less of ac watts then you're actually saving power.