Trim week before harvest

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Clearsky, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Do any of you remove all the bigger leaves week before harvest, not the small sugar leaves around the buds but the bigger fan leaves, I don't flush because I grow in soil, I have seen people who flush growing in coco or other types of material to grow in flushing causes there fan leaves to fall off because there's no nutrients for them to survive. Thinking it might just help for resin production.

2. That last week the plant is really done with the largest fans and sure get a head start on trimming. I grow outside and the big fans start fading anyhow near end of flower from the heat.

I'll spend 10 minutes with the plants and get a handful of yellowing / fading fans every couple of days near end of flower.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. yes I do I call it cheating as 5 mins a day before harvest sure makes it easy come harvest time
    often the fans have wilted anyways,
    I also use it as an excuse to look for bugs as bugs on a fan will most likely be on the bud too

cheers

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sounds about right lol ..I call it cheating lol loves it !!

Sent from my LM-X120 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I often trim quite a bit on the days leading up to harvest.
    I definitely take anything off that's yellowing or damaged that might invite mold.
    I much prefer to leave the stuff on and dry trim, because without fail as soon as I hang them we get our 2% humidity 95F offshore winds for a week, but the reality of is it is it's much more convenient for me to trim as much as I can while the plan is still in the pot.

Sent from my phbgf uijj tplkjn