Top 10 ways to stay safe (indoors)

Discussion in 'Security' started by Freedom, Jun 17, 2010.

1. 2 questions related to security:

How safe is it to peruse forums such as this one.

and

How safe is it to buy grow books online such as at Amazon dot com

2. I hate to sound ignorant but I am in this area. Where to you get a PMB which is I assume means private mail box (this would be in the states). And can you get a PMB in the states where they don't ask for identification such as driver's license or CC?

Signing up on this forum required an email and using TOR browser I could not sign up nor could I get my safe-mail to accept the confirmation email so I had to use a regular browser and yahoo email address. Feel like I blew a bit of security there.

3. WHAT DO I DO NOW... after figuring i had nitro deficiancy i added to the sill to fix then i saw a mag def so i foliar fed Epsom salt started looking good then added K to soil now this hours after topping. Leaves are curled back and dropping..for now i flushed and repotted into larger pot with same soil roots look good and i didn't want to take them away from original soil.

4. As long as you don't make waves, you're fine. With so many states that have medical marijuana, and the fact that your IP could be bounced off of any state, there is no way they could get enough reasonable suspicion or probable cause to bust you. You're innocent until proven guilty, and frankly, a random internet led bust is a can of worms that they simply do not want to open in this day and age.

5. Hurry, LITFA! Lol
    Pics dude, post a few pics.

6. But don't be stupid either.

7. I guess I am concerned about Amazon, etc being spied on by the feds or even Amazon reporting these types of purchases. Amazon sells many different grow books among other things. And if you start making multiple purchases in this area would it raise red flags. I don't know what kind of key word searchs the feds might use in their effort to spy.

Now I read and article that Bank of America is spying on people via Social Networking sites.

Someone in one post that I read said that the feds could sit outside a hydoponics store and spy on who goes in and out checking licenses or follow you home so I was wondering if they would do the same kind of nastiness for purchases online.

And if buying hydro products at a brick n mortor building is unsafe, what about online purchases for these things?

I just want to be smart and aware.

8. You have the right mindset for this. To answer your questions directly, yes they do watch all of these things, including some forum posts. Question is, are you giving them enough to get a conviction or a warrant, are you big enough to bother with? Just use your head, and keep a low profile.

9. Sounds about right to me

10. Great post, just some good ground rules in general. I will take this into account with my indoor grow

11. #171 oatis27, Mar 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 14, 2013
    im first time grower and only growing one plant to start. it is a clone and have help with expert growers but they are out of town for two weeks and have no way to contact them. my plant is about 1 1/2 ft tall and some of the leaves in the middle are turning brown like they are burnt. i use a 400 watt metal halide light. it has been growing really good and then i woke up today and some of the leaves ( not too many ) have turned yellow around the outsides and a few are a little brown and crispy. any idea on what is causing this. i have put water on the leaves the paST few days and read i shouldnt do that so have stopped now. is that the cause? i use bills perfect grow 1 and 2. the bulb is about 15 inches from the plant. any help would greatly be appreciated. thanks

plant 3.jpg [/ATTACH][/ATTACH]

Attached Files:

12. is it safe to post your grow on this site? cause u said dont tell anyone

13. I have a small legal grow, otherwise I wouldn't post

14. That means in your personal life. Like friends girlfriends etc. this sites pretty safe or at least as safe as the net can be there's a lot of growers here that have grown for years and talk about it every day on here they just don't tell the people around them

15. I cant belive no one said anything about arguing with the wife or yelling at the kids or fighting/arguing with someone that lives next door
    Where I used to live I yelled at my kids one day and the next door neighbor called the cops and told them I was beating the crap out of my kids, next thing I know 10 cops where banging at my door.
    Another time I yelled at my wife over the phone she was at work and the kids where in school and again the man was banging at the door.
    Another time the same asshole neighbor called the man on me and said I was chasing my kids around the front yard with a chainsaw, at least 30 cops showed up for that one, all pointing there guns at me( I didn't even own a chainsaw at that time)I just about shit my pants on that one, so keep arguments down to a minimum....and of course ( I think someone else said this)no wild partys.....

16. Might I suggest some chill pills for you?

17. Thanks for proving my point,most people thrive on confrontation,and most dont even realize they are doing it,Fenabar just felt a need to tell me I need to take a chill pill and my reaction COULD have been to tell him where he could put his opinion,next thing we know there is an argument going on,just think what could have happened in the real world,words would go back and forth then a fight and next thing you know,,,bam bam bam at the door,it's the man in blue and you have a room full of plants growing........see my point:smoke::smoke::smoke:

18. Lol, yes. Offering a chill pill can get you busted for drugs. That's funny.