TokeMaster (aka TobaccoMaster) any other believers out there?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by MightyHumbleBumble, Aug 7, 2015.

1. I just have to ask..... I'm old, end of disco era aged from Philly area. The first guy to hook us up had a TokeMaster (no carb,straight through acrylic bong). That became the gold standard for the 'do bongs' generation in the late 70's and early 80's. No screen, single hitter, poke it through, it was the pinnacle of getting the most from what you had. 32 years later age is catching up; bucket lists and deciding to not leave anything on the table for the second half has me reconsidering the old life style that was set aside for school, work, and raising the family. I went into the local shop and right there was sitting a 12-inch TobaccoMaster <name makes me gag>. I snapped it up ... and a shorty pipe. Searching around I was surprised how under represented this classic is. Anyone else recall/currently enjoy this one? Or is it the Z-28 equivalent of bongs? A overbuilt dinosaur from a bi gone era.
    Peace and ride safe.

• Like Like x 1
  2. #2 BongRips247, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2015
    To answer your question, smoking acrylic is not the norm anymore, most people who smoke bongs use ones made out of borosilicate glass, where instead of a carb you just pull out the bowl from the glass on glass fitting. Much more classy, more flavor, and overall a better experience with glass.

3. @bongrips247 said it best. enjoy your throwback piece anyway man, but id keep it more for the memories then to be used daily.

4. #4 DabsOnTheMountain, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2015
    Exactly. Acrylic bongs bring back so much nostalgia it hurts a little... The first bong i ever owned was acrylic. I had it for years. It fell everywhere and never cracked, and it even smacked someone in the face once during a drunken fight at a party. Finally the joint cracked somehow...
    Like grommet bongs too, i bought a new one to hit every now and then just because the pull and feel of a grommet bong can't be replicated with GOG. Our old one sits on the vac chamber with a broken downstem as a relic of days long gone. We bought it as a group of friends back in the day, just like the chamber. So they sit there to remind us of our childhoods together, how we've changed yet stayed together as a group.

5. Yo all,
    Thanks for catching me up! Thinking about it, back in the day, I don't recall seeing any glass pieces aside from oil pipes. After reading threads here and watching a lot of YT vids it looks like glass technology and art has really moved things forward. I'll probably do as suggested and give my TokeMaster a place of honor on the shelf in the garage between the Foghat and Dark Side of the Moon posters. I'll drag myself to the 21st century ;-) and start looking for a solid, basic glass piece for regular usage.
    Cheers.

6. If you're looking for a daily driver, I would grab a glass on glass beaker bong! They're a simple, solid, effective design, and they're cheap! There's no shame in a $30 piece of it functions perfectly, and looks cool, too!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. theyre the only bongs ill smoke out of! knocks you on your ass and glass breaks too easily...my friends are too afraid to hit my 18 incher! hmu I love them :smoking-bong::vaping::weed:

• Like Like x 1
  8. Smoked no less than three different Tokemasters in the late 70's. Nothing better (then) in my opinion. if acrylic is improved by glass, etc., then, it's the design that's epic! Foilers? Would LOVE a reprise!

9. OP is 3 years old..

10. I have been on long and wide hunt for these bongs forever now. My job even takes me out on the road climbin cell towers all over from SC,NC, VA,WV, and KY. Every headshop, discount tobacco, vape store, and shady gas station that sale pieces hasnt had one and most of all of them had no clue what i was even talking about. I need to acquire at least a 9in but im looking for the 12in and with the shotgun card for it as well. So come on internet gods. Shine down your glory of this relic from my past. Bring it back once again into the fold. And ill spread the hits of the Master de Toke and the ever recognizable chugs will be heard across the cosmos.....

11. I’ve had three Tokemasters. A big part of my higher education. Glad to see them still in the head shops.

12. Same here, first bong was a 2 foot acryllic pink bong with a bubble at the bottom that we named Q bert. Damn there were quite a few bong packs through that bad boy

• Like Like x 1
  13. My parents had one I would sneak and smoke it sometime got me super ripped

14. How old are you if you're sneaking smokes from your parents dude lol

15. Size queen huh

16. I have to tell you all.... The TokeMaster is by far my all time favorite bong! I was introduced to one from a roommate of mine in 1982. We used it daily. Our code name for it was Tom Masters. We'd ask each other. "Have you talked to Tom (Masters) today?" etc.
    He was from Baltimore, we were at college in Texas(College Station)... when he went home for the Christmas break, he took orders from us so we could each have our own!
    I found a place in Austin that still sells them and of course had to have a new one for myself! Still use it!
    That place in Austin? The Gas Pipe. That head shop has been there forever. I think it's on fifth street.

17. I was introduced to TM not all to long ago and have fallen in love with how strong they were compared to glass. For a pipe that has been around so long it's defiantly a good one. To bad acrylic is starting to fade away.

18. I still use mine daily! Both of them are in rotation(I have an 18" & a 21")!

19. Those are good pipes, lots of smoke. What's the largest size you would want?

20. The 18" size is a good size. I'm not happy with the 21"..... too big in my opinion. I've tried the 12" size...it's ok, but I prefer the 18". Never tried any other size between those two, but I'm thinking the 15" size would be just as good as the 18".

Has anyone ever explained the best way to use it? From the get go, when I was introduced to the TM, it was thoroughly explained in minute detail, the proper way or procedure to using the TM for maximum effectiveness and efficiency! It's a two step process, which when done correctly, will give you the best results and only uses a third of what you would normally use to get the same buzz!