Tobacco Mosaic Virus (TMV) pics and info

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by joe_fresh, Jun 24, 2010.

1. That's called a variegated pheno mate. Just a genetic mutation nout to worry about :)

• Like Like x 1
  2. #342 Andykara2003, May 4, 2020
    Last edited: May 4, 2020
    Hi guys - I’ve been worrying that my new strain has TMV - what do you think?

A11B7811-BA28-4F8C-B137-7464B073768D.jpeg 66680584-3097-47AC-99F7-586307BBC188.jpeg 3A0345BB-850D-4DEE-AEA1-E920495A4543.jpeg 799601C2-87FC-4542-B1D3-AA42E87F2D14.jpeg

3. Just a quick bit of information. There is no conclusive evidence through the limited research done that says cannabis can contract tobacco mosaic virus.
    In 40 plus years of growing cannabis, I have never seen it. This is my own anecdotal opinion.
    I don't believe the hype.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Is this HMV or TMV? or what is this?

Attached Files:

• 111111.jpg
      111111.jpg
      File size:
      494.2 KB
      Views:
    • 22.jpg
      22.jpg
      File size:
      2.8 MB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      2.4 MB
      Views:
  5. Just curious, has anyone ever ordered a TMV test kit and confirmed that they have TMV?

*I was only able to find 1 person, outdoor grow, no pics.

6. I have seen lots of people worried about it. But not one confirmed case ive seen

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I know a lady who is a leading Marijuana scientist with the PH.d she said there has yet to be one single documented or confirmed case of TMV.

"Conclusion: I personally have not seen convincing evidence (yet) that mosaic virus has spread to cannabis plants. The traditional TMV symptoms can be caused by other factors and sometimes appear on otherwise healthy plants without signs of spreading."

Cannabis is a Rosid, and the only plants I can find that are legitimately infected by TMV are in the Astrids (solonaceae and lamiales). They are completely divergent and this one of the reasons I highly doubt TMV infects cannabis. There are other viruses (cucumber mosaic and hop latent viroid) which are far more likely to be the culprit if indeed it is a virus causing similar symptoms to TMV.

Tobacco mosaic virus

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ty

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. maybe anecdotal, but I have a strain/pheno of GDP that I've grown over 10 years now that shows that half n half leaf pattern like in post #344. Half bright green, half a lighter shade, right down the middle of the leaf. Not always, but it pops up once in a while on clones in veg. I've always just passed it off as a genetic issue. Those clones always go right through veg into flower with no noticeable difference, and I've never seen it 'infect' any of my other strains that have been growing side by side with it for years...cutting clones with the same blades etc.