Titanium nail rusting?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by random_shit_name4, May 12, 2016.

1. Im not sure if this is in the right place, but i haven't used my ti nail in a couple weeks and when i looked at it i saw this brown residue that looks like rust to me, but ive heard ti doesn't rust. What is this? [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G360P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Oh god. Yea looks like you got a cheap Chinese knockoff nail.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

3. Yeah that is probably not Grade 2 Titanium, I would get a new nail, preferably a branded one so you know it is safe to use like Highly Educated. They are pricey but you know you get a good nail that will last a while

4. Yeah unfortunately that is a cheap titanium wannabe. A good nail should last a good long while

5. Damn alright. I bought this off a friend so i didn't know anything about where it came from

6. Holly shit...
    That's scary.
    They used steel.... it can't rust like that any other way...
    That's terrifying.
    Someone smoked off that thing.....

7. I smoked off it daily for about 2 months. It was my first "titanium" nail and i couldn't tell the difference

8. Buy a quartz banger for a replacement

9. Yeah that's the plan. I had one before but it got broken, thats why i got that nail

10. Damn, I got a nail that looks like that too.. maybe I should buy a new one too

11. This can be checked somewhat easily without poisoning one's self, since density = mass divided by volume. So knowing its weight and its displacement in mL can get you a pretty good answer since the density of steel is about double that of grade 2 titanium.

12. I read that titanium is not magnetic but steel will be so im going to try this method

13. Oh man, I wonder what kinds of coatings you inhaled while torching that thing. Chinese chrome plating? Chinese "Ti" plating? Either way, I bet it was toxic. I'd be highly distressed.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I recently came down with a case of pneumonia i was thinking it possibly could've caused. Just a guess though

• Like Like x 1

15. Do the world a favour & Shove your nails up your ass you spammer dickhead. Reported again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1