Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Recipe Tinctures

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by St0neyBal0gney, Feb 14, 2020.

1. I’m attempting to make tincture with 190 proof ever clear with a butter machine, should I use a filter method after decarbed and used in the 8 hour method

• Like Like x 1
  2. Please don't cook it 8 hours. The Everclear will evaporate fairly quickly. I'm not sure what filter method you mean, but yes, you filter out the cannabis. One to two hours for pre decarbed cannabis is sufficient in your mbm. Good luck, enjoy.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I've had all the alcohol evaporate from MBM using the 160 F setting with alcohol.
    160 F won't cause boiling, but it will greatly increase evaporation.
    The 130 F setting won't cause that.

In reality, you're better off using the "No Heat" setting.
    Heat isn't needed for alcohol to dissolve the cannabinoids.

I've found that coffee grinder, flasks, beakers, and magnetic stirrers work better than MBM.
    This setup produces continuous stirring, and it's much easier to get stuff out of glassware that out of MBM.

4. [​IMG]
    1 quart jar full of decarbed buds
    750ml of very cold 190 proof Everclear
    Combine
    Shake 10 seconds
    Strain out weed with potato ricer
    Wear gloves
    [​IMG]
    Your tincture is now done.
    An eyedropper of this under the tongue will do the job.

10 seconds is more then enough time to strip the trichomes from the weed.
    Long soaks just add more and more plant waxes and make it increasingly bitter.
    BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I’ve done the 8 hour @ 130 degrees MBM2 setting and not had a problem with evaporation. Now I do 2 hours @ 130 degrees and get the same results.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Anyone used vegetable glycerin to make their tinctures? I just bought a bottle of food grade, kosher, etc. glycerin so I'm gonna try that first.

7. You are likely to be disappointed.
    glycerin is a poor solvent for cannabinoids.
    Making FECO then adding it to glycerin would work better.

• Like Like x 1
  8. First time trying to make brownies from a tincture. 90% .5 mls. I warmed up the tincture and used half .2ml in vegetable oil. Blended well and added to batter. Dosed my 9×9 pan to have 9 brownies at 25mg each. I am sensitive to thc so a little would go far. Half a brownie I felt nothing. So disappointed. What did i do wrong!?

9. I'll assume instead that you used 0.2 mL of 90% thc RSO or FECO instead of tincture, because 0.2 mL of tincture is close to nothing.

Assuming a density of around 0.9 mg/mL, you used
    FECO = (0.9*g/mL)*(0.2 mL) = 0.18 g = 180 mg
    THC = 0.9*(180 mg) = 162 mg for 90% FECO/RSO

Each of the 9 brownies should have
    THC = (162 mg)/9 = 18 mg

A standard dose is about 10 mg for new users.

If my assumptions were wrong, and you did use a weaker tincture, then the results could be much weaker.

10. Liquid Concentrate 90% 20:1 Hybrid. Each dropper contains 450mg. Liquid Concentration: 90% Ratio: 20:1 THC: 2.5mg / inhalation CBD: 0.125mg . I split that in half. Half was used for a 9x9 pan

11. Are you saying you used 225 mg for a 9 X 9 pan of brownies? 450 mg per dropper? Was the tincture active, as in decarbed? If it was not decarbed that would explain your disappointment.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Its a liquid concentrate and yes 450mg per syringe i used half. I dont know for sure if it comes decarbed

• Like Like x 2
  13. Yes. Total dose is 9x 25mg servings. It comes de carbed

• Like Like x 2
  14. Yes. Total dose is 9x 25mg servings. It comes de carbed

• Like Like x 1
  15. I see Sam is helping in his thread, but thanks for answering. Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
  16. So for someone who used the MBM both with 151 and then with 190.
    I set it for 160>4 hours.
    8 hours is for cleaning. Literally I think that is what it says. Which makes sense when you really put this thing through what it can do.
    The specs however say to use 130.
    Also, do not do less then say an ounce of good flower with 2 cups of 151/190
    Otherwise you will have issues. And again, 8 hours is just....P'sam is trying to get me to convert to the freeze method. Just for comparison. And that is even at best no more then 4 hours in the freezer!

As for the filter:
    YES As soon as you are done, AKA it beeps, the first thing I do after I use the filter that came wit the MBM is I use coffee filters. When I didnt, it left the most nastiest greenest sediment at the bottle of the bottle.

• Like Like x 2