Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Tincture attempt question

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Pass_00, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Thanks again PSam can't say that enough. It's getting there. It doesn't appear I'll have a lot down there. It's getting there. Will post picture shortly.

2. I hope the video helps. It won't look like a lot but once it's all evaporated you'll have a layer across the bottom and not just those specks, like the video. :)

3. Your video was awesome. Here is current progress. Almost there. image.jpeg

4. Looking good. All that milky stuff will go away.

5. image.jpeg
    Not too much longer by the looks of it?

6. Not much longer. Just get the rest of the liquid that I can see there. Probably only a few minutes. :)

7. image.jpeg Ok I think it's there. PSam can u please confirm to add alcohol?

8. That looks good. Get it off the heat and add the alcohol. Did it get that far on the first try?

9. No I didn't let it go this far. Adding alcohol now. Now I know what to do exactly next time tho

10. You may need to put it back in the hot water for a minute but no more, just to get the oil dissolved.

• Like Like x 1
  11. All done. Used a little bit of heat and it all jelled together. Here is the finished product. Exactly 1oz
    image.jpeg

12. Beautiful! That's got 5g worth of cannabinoids in it. Be careful and start low, maybe 10 drops. I hope you enjoy it. Let me know. :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 1
  13. Thanks again for everything Psam. I will post after some samples. How long does it take usually to take effect dropped under the tongue?

Here is the picture all bottled up. Put in two bottles for another medical patient to try.
    image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'd like to personally thank PSam and BNW for sparking my interest in tinctures and cap's and all that goodness.

My goal is to not take any pills of any kind except hash/oil cap' s, unless I absolutely have to. THANKS GUYS!!!

[​IMG]

Look for one of these in your stocking this year

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  15. Be careful LOL
    Nice Job
    Welcome to Sams Club
    [​IMG]
    Proud Member myself

• Like Like x 3
  16. Sublingually it will take effect almost immediately. Used in a drink it will take a half hour to start feeling. It will burn if you put it directly under the tongue so be warned. I prefer placing the dose in a shot glass of water and swish it around my mouth as long as I can before swallowing which works like sublingual. I'm a wuss and don't like the burn. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Oh wait nevermind. I just noticed that machine was made in China. You guy's deserve better lol.

Sent from my SM-J320R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Just want to say thanks for the amazing instructions and literally minute by minute forum messages from PSAm my man. What a beautron you are! Shout out to BNW and others who commented.

After trying the tincture. I have confirmed its quality product. Lol. I did two full syringes last night and had the best sleep of my life and a delicious snack right before bed lol.

A couple questions. If I wanted to make my next batch 10 grams what would be the perfect amount of oz of alcohol for initial and then the rinse? I did 1gm-oz last time. Same or different ratio? Is there any step along the way that I can infuse some flavouring safely? Or wait to do it after its complete? My wife had an extremely difficult time with the taste when dropped in a shot glass of water. I could really careless about the taste.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

19. Follow the video guide. First decarb your material after grinding (not too fine) in a 240°F oven for 40 minutes. Let your oven stabilize first so that your range is 240-250 during the decarb. You may need to monitor it and crack open the door if needed. If it's fresher material it will retain some green.

After decarbing, place your material in your jar, tighten the lid and place in the freezer for 24 hours. At the same time you'll have your alcohol in the freezer, too. This step is important for the inhibition of the chlorophyll and will greatly improve that taste your wife dislikes.

After that 24 hours separated, combine your alcohol and decarbed cannabis in the jar and shake for 5 minutes. Put the jar back in the freezer for 2 hours. You can let it soak longer but not 5 days. After 2 hours you strain it, put it back in the jar and rinse it with the second run of alcohol. Strain that and set the depleted material aside. Add the rinse to the first run and filter them.

After filtering the 2 runs, you'll do your evaporation just like before if still using the 76% spirits then reconstitute with the fresh alcohol to get your final tincture. This process is different than what you originally did but will make it a lot easier for you and will give you a better product.

For 10 grams of material I would suggest 6oz of the alcohol for each run, a total of 12oz for the extraction and an additional 2oz for reconstitution. That would give your the same ratio of the current one.

Flavoring is easy. Get some LorAn candy flavoring and put a few drops either in the bottle or in the shot of water. It will still burn if using sublingually but should taste like candy with the water. The soak of 5 days drew out excess chlorophyll and other compounds that gives it the funky taste. It should taste like cannabis flowers. :)

20. Hey PSam I've had this exact problem of the black resin separation in a tincture I made using half oz of bud. I boiled all the alcohol and water out (I used Stroh rum) until it was a black goo. Then I reconstituted with 50 ml of vodka, however even after adding heat the black resin is still separated and never fully mixes with the vodka, I've tried heating for a couple minutes and it still won't work, what am I doing wrong?