Ti Vs Glass Nail

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by trixman22, Feb 22, 2012.

1. less heat=better flavor

I still prefer my quartz though <3

2. SO QUESTION...I JUST BOUGHT A NEW GLASS NAIL BECAUSE MY OLD QUARTZ ONE DIED. I AM NOTICING A REALLY NASTY TASTE FROM IT THAT I CANT SEEM TO GET TO GO AWAY. I HAVE USED TITANIUM AND OTHER GLASS AND QUARTZ NAILS WITH NO PROBLEM. ANY ONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND IF SO WHAT CAN I DO TO GET RID OF THE NASTY TASTE. I JUST WANNA ENJOY MY DAB!

3. sounds like your nail is either too hot or not seasoned.

4. If your nail is red at all it is wayyyyyyy to hot. I let mine just start to show a little red where the torch hits. Then blow on the nail and give it about 10 seconds before I do my dab. A little oil will collect in the nail and that's when you carb your dome. I am yet to meet someone who carbs there dome or heat their nail properly. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. #85 NYCchronic, Jun 7, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2014

Heat your nail until you see red....literally until you see that red, that means its more heated up than what is needed. From then you can let it cool for a while. 15 seconds if you want, the concentrate will still evaporate. I usually wait until it isnt red anymore to put the dome on, and then about 3-5 seconds and dab it right on there and its never been a bad turnout.  :bongin:

Oh yea and please season your nail before using it. If you dont it is disgusting and unhealthy.
    Here is a video if you dont know how: http://videos.nuggetry.com/others/nuggetry-tv-special-how-to-season-a-titanium-nail/

6. Dont ever tell him to follow nuggetrys advice ahahahaha they are fucking TOOLS

7. You are correct about seasoning your nail, you are wrong about how to do it. That is the exact video that let me know the guys at Nuggetry are full of shit and don't know what they are talking about.

Dunking your nail in water like that is a great way to jump start the oxidation process.

8. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. AzB

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

10. pretty sure its a capslock issue