Ti Vs Glass Nail

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by trixman22, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Domeless

2. Why go domeless? What are the benefits?

3. can I go domeless just like that with my TI adj nail?

4. I would think that you would need a healthstone or something.

5. Quartz all day!

6. Ti all day! :D

7. The benefits are that you don't need a dome lol.

8. I have a domeless and it makes it a lot easier to hit don't have to jumble everything around with putting the dome on. I get the same big hits just have to be a little more aware of how much you put on your dabber so that you aren't burning more then you need that way the smoke doesnt just float off but I prefer the domeless

9. Domeless takes the art away from the piece. I like to see glass, not some big hunk of unsightly Ti. Vapor loss is another reason. Much like why I don't like curves that much.

In many cases, a rig just isn't a rig without it's dome.

Domes FTW

11. What kind of nail is that? Ive never seen a nail like that. looks like its made specifically for bellybuttons..

12. Termini, how you like it?

I'm not really referring to bellybuttons cause those use a regular nail. I know domeless/curves/bellybuttons don't always have loss, you have to know the piece and how it hits.

13. image-3368520300.jpg

It's just a stage 2 ti nail different look but I like it and yes jimmy carter I agree my friends try to hit it and they do fuck up lol I have to baby set them and give them their hits LMaO!!!

14. Looks like it would retain heat well, interesting design.

15. I was really interested in those Termini nails, how do you like it? The only setback I se is its not adjustable but it looks like its at a nice height.

16. Works like a charm though I do agree would be nice if it adjusted just incase my rig breaks. The way I like to do it is heat from the bottom to top that way when I dab my nail isn't burning hot at the top I get thick dabs and no vapor loss as long as you don't over do it and put to much dab on your dabber

17. This rig was made by a local blower Delano glass not a lot around but he does good work

18. I haven tried an Ti equipment, but the guy at my LHS was telling me you had to oxidize the nail or something before using it. I think he said just heat it up really hot then dunk it in cold water or clean pipe rez. I'm not sure how to get clean pipe rez though lol. Either way it's supposed to make some kind of layer over the Titanium or something.

Someone else probably knows more than I do though.

19. You need to season it. I wouldnt recommend using water.

Just get some reclaim or shitty oil, heat the nail up nice and red, let it cool a tad and slab on a nice glob of that shit let it burn off. do that a couple times and you should be good. Might wanna clean the nail or something to get the taste of claim off or just dab it off lol

20. Bump

Quartz nails, how often do these break with daily use?
    Contemplating ditching my vapor curve with HE Ti skillet for a quartz & dome

Ti may last longer, but the metallic taste is still there. I'd like to minimize any risks associated with dabbing.