thomasjeffersons veranda

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by donothinggardening, Feb 10, 2014.

1. Hey buddy :) hope you're having a nice weekend :wave:

2. Hey sade! I knew there was somebody running a light from CLW. Glad you are liking it! I was just lurking your thread last night. The babies are looking great! :)

Hey dude! That is a good question.. I haven't actually bought any local seeds yet. I have heard some good things about 303 Seeds and their BioDiesel. Gardnerthegardener runs that one and it looks awesome!

3. #3723 donothinggardening, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2015
    I got my new light setup last night :D out with the old, in with the new! :yay: I am already super impressed with this thing. The plants seem to love it! Soon as I put them under there they all started looking really perky and happy! This thing is super bright. Subjectively, it seems way brighter than the 400w HID. I have to kinda squint when I look in my tent now lol. Not only that, but it is so easy to see! Besides the brightness, the white light is way easier on the eyes. I can see the color of the plants so much better now. Those fancy HPS glasses that I bought are now obsolete lol. At least until I have the space to set it up in another tent. I might need to start wearing sunglasses, though lol :cool:

And here is the best part... I was able to turn off my 6" inline fan completely! With the HID, I had two fans going. One 4", 170 cfm fan is used for air exchange and filters the air through a carbon scrubber. Then, I had a second 6" inline fan that was used to ventilate my air-cooled hood. With the new light, I no longer need the 6" fan, which is an energy reduction of 110w in itself! The new light consumes 350w instead of 400w, so there is another 50w! Plus any extra power consumed by the digital ballast that I was using.

With the HID, my temperatures were hovering around 81-82F during "lights on". Now with the new LED, temps are hovering around 73-75F :) so stoked! This is to be expected with lower wattage, but I am also seeing brighter light! I have no doubt that the intensity is much higher with this new light.

In the final pic, you can see what I mean by 'perky plants' those two in the back right look like they are almost 'praying' to the new light!

Lol I am a little overly excited about this thing :) :yay:

Attached Files:

4. Gmorning Thomas! Very nice addition to the tent there. Gotta love the heat reduction that LED brings to the picture. Two panels in my tent barely kicks the temps over low 80s. :) 20 pages to catch up in here. Been on amd off the grid lately....barely getting g some time today to stroll the city. I hope all is well with ya man.

5. Sup dude! You'll have plenty of time to catch up now :) I officially declare this thread to be dead :devious:

I hope you're having a great saturday mah man. We're finally getting some semblance of spring weather here. Of course that means you'll be boiling where you're at soon :(

6. Good to hear on the weather man! I used to love the smell of spring coming around. I'm pretty much on the down side of our outdoor season here. I got alot of tomatoes this year and the ganja should be finishing up in another month or so.

I just saw the link to the new spot. Gonna come check it out!

7. Follow-up:

Remember when I was asking about this source of 200x aloe powder: Swanson Vitamins? Well it's arrived and I used it for some clones and seedlings along with kelp meal. The texture and overall appearance were the exact same as what I got from BAS. My pepper seeds are sprouting, and I'm still waiting on the clones (about a week in), though they're still just as healthy and vigorous as when they were on their mothers. If they keep the price at $20 for 1.8oz, I'll buy from the same place when I run out.

Oh look, it's sideways!... <_<
    0302151439.jpg

Holy mother of spam mail, though...

DARN!! I just tried to order some but it wont ship to California as it contains ingredients against Prop 65!? That's sucks! Any idea what that might be and why other companies can get it shipped to me but this specific version cant?

9. Forgive my spam, heres where im at today. Im lookin for feedback/opinions. What is listed below is an investment ive been wanting to make for 10 years, no kiddin.

So here's where im at amendment wise. Copy n pasted
    Groworganic.com

#40 down to earth crab meal $44.99
    #50 gypsum -$8.99
    #50 oyster shell lime $9.99
    #44 azomite (fruit trees) $24.99
    #50 gai glacial rock dust $29.99
    #50 soft rock phosphate $18.99

+ tax+5 free seeds = 150 dollars

103 shipping. Considering im shipping 300 pounds doesnt seem that bad.

Online^

I found gypsum local...but...heres...the...dealyo...

Last time i went to the farm store that supplies it about 10 years ago i asked for 50lbs of lime. I think they thought i was disposing of a body or something....as they said, "stay right here"

So im standin there and this guy goes back and gets on the phone and is lookin at me weird. Then i go to leave and he's like, someone is coming to talk to you sir, REMAIN where you are.

Remember i was forced into the police academy in my youth for smoking marijuana, im privy to that language and certain terms.

At that point i ran out the door and jumped in my car, backed up and screeched outta there tires spinning.

The shop keep ran out pen in hand and tried to get my license plate but i was too far away, as he stomped his foot in rage....

Sooooo....

I can go there and pay 2 bucks more for gypsum and save money on shipping....or i can just order this pile of crap lol

Now that ive typed that out, ill think ill just skip that drama LOL

Ive got the funds for shipping too, so its not a big deal. Already got 50lbs of kelp meal on the way :metal:
    ~ poke

10. Haha oh shit man! I wouldn't do anything but order online after that either! Haha for gypsum tho any home depot will have a bag of agricultural gypsum. Cheap to! 80lbs for $7.96

11. For real? Hell im gonna call home depot now! You da man!

12. I guess my question is am i needing anything?

I always have people double check my list as i smoke so much i forget stuff.

Ive got endless supply of worm castings, kelp meal, blood meal, bone meal, steer, bat, chicken and rabbit manure.

Ive got alfalfa pellets and meal, ive got neem meal and neem oil, and molasses. Got a whole shelf full of stuff. I plan on using the stuff above to amend soil i already have, rather than building a new soil. This way, it will last me a lifetime

Anything im not thinking of?:confused_2:

~ poke

13. Cant find that gypsum on homedepots site at all beyond a 5 pound discontinued bag

And plaster of paris LOL

Hey guys...why is my soil cement? XD LOL

14. Hey TJ! Badass light ya got there! Quick question. I'm havin zero luck findin some perlite. Not that I'm too broken up about it, been wantin to make a switch. Home Depot, nor lowes carries that 2cu ft perlite. I know you're a fan of buckwheat hulls. I thought I bookmarked the link before, but didn't. You got a source for some buckwheat hulls? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

15. m.homedepot.com/p/Unbranded-2-cu-ft-Perlite-Soil-Amendment-100055143/202187623?MERCH=REC-_-mobileweb_pip_rr-1-_-202311920-_-202187623-_-N

16. Sorry don't know if that link will work and idk why there's a bunch of emojis in the link...
    New phone is confusing me

17. Out o' stock.. I shot an email to them yesterday. Jus inquiring why there product was no longer available. No response.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum