Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

This lump in my neck (lymph node) is getting worse after I smoke

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by fadeddd, Jul 9, 2011.

1. I've been feeling that way, trust me. Especially considering the first time I went in for this was months ago and he was like "YOU ARE FINE MY FRIEND!"

If I find out it's a serious problem, I'm going to freak the hell out over how everyone's been acting like it was no big deal. I also read that lymphoma can't be diagnosed or ruled out from any blood test, and the doctor told me that the blood test would rule out any cancer. I wish I was a hot, skinny white girl. Maybe then the doctor would pay more attention to me.

2. I haven't read every post in the thread, but does your doctor know you smoke and that the smoke flares it up? I guess it depends on the doctor, but I discuss my smoking with my doctors and they are fine with it. I wanted to know if it could affect the SSRI I was taking...anyway, my advice would be to tell him the stuff you have been telling us...his concern is going to be for you, not the legal justice system.

3. #83 fadeddd, Jul 17, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2011
    He knows I smoke, they didn't seem to think the two could be related.

Edit: Girlfriend just called me and informed me that she accidentally got the same type of deodorant that did the exact same shit to my armpits a year ago. I guess that's one mystery solved.

4. Fadeddd,

I am just wondering if you ever found a solution to your problem. Hope you have and are doing well.

Recently I picked up some OG Kush and begun experiencing a tightening in the neck(right side only). I've been searching the Internet and I found your experience.

At first it happened in the middle of the night after I woke up from a hash nap and decided to smoke. I rolled up some OG kush shake and enjoyed myself a .7 J. After smoking I noticed the stiffening sensation, it is enough to interfere w swallowing but not cause pain. A few days prior I had strained my trap muscles doing back strokes(after not excersizing much for months) and I assumed the neck stiffness was also a symptom of stiff muscles. I took the next morning and evening off from smoking, but smoked a very small bowl before bed without a recurrance. Over the next few days I would experience phantom sensations but I think it was just my skin was dry and burnt from the sun. So the next two days I was back on my normal regimen, a joint plus 4-5 bowls throughout the day and no issues. I was very active these two days and I figured whatever it was was my imagination making more of it then it really is. The following day I went back to the gym to swim but decided to avoid back strokes. I didn't come away w any trap soreness but the stiffness in my neck came back in the evening when smoking. The day after tht was 420 and I overdid it, while smoking the stiffness came back on strong. So I've taken the last two days off, and I am contemplating trying a different strand tonight, but i still feel the stiffness while swallowing even without smoking. It feels like the sensation is magnified just to the right of the Adams apple. And it hasn't completely gone away this time after not smoking.

I am thinking of seeing a doctor to have my lymph nodes checked. Apparently there are a couple next to Adams apple and I don't know what to look for. I also recently begun seeing a chiropractor for some back pain(which is why I started swimming) and he has done some adjustments on my neck. it could be that I am over-taxing a posture muscle, and it is just inflammed, but that seems too simple. Why would it get worse w smoking? I also have a bit of acid reflux lately which was causing some chest pain and I'm not sure if that could inflame the neck area. I am noticing that the more I focus on swallowing the more I feel like I am getting a sore throat.

I am defintely like you where I just want to find out that I am "Ok" and the more I read the more anxious I become. It it wasn't a weekend I would schedule an appointment w my doc, but I kinda don't want to go see him cause I was just in there about chest pain and had him check my lungs. (sounded good) but i told him I don't smoke. Lol. I used to be completely honest about this stuff but lately I've grown tired of doctors looking at me funny.

Any words of wisdom you can add would be greatly appreciated. Along w anyone else who may read this...

5. I'm currently having the same issue.

I have a swollen gland under my left ear, used to be under my right. Gets worse even after vaporizing. Went away with antibiotics but came back.

Do we all have cancer? I googled "marijuana swollen neck gland" and a lot of people seem to be having this issue with zero answers.

6. Here is the answer:

Switch to a vaporizer.

Your neck pain is caused by the smoke & heat.

Trust me, get yourself one of those $200 vaporizers with the fillable bag. Set it on the lowest possible temp setting that will still vaporize, grind your plant up good. Fill the bag on the slowest fan setting.

It won't be like the milky smoke you are used to but you will get way higher and you'll never experience the neck pain again. You will thank me later.

peace

7. Bacteria do not cause colds.

8. . . . . or not. :rolleyes:

The sensation is probably from cannabis doing something to your lymph system. I personally believe it helps to move the lymph. If you smoke and your nodes change, it probably indicates something else is wrong.

I'm not trying to scare you. I get the same things sometimes, but I still use cannabis as I believe it is helping my body clean itself out. My node swelling has gone down with cleaning up my gut from nasty organisms. It's not perfect, but the worse my gut is, the worse my lymph nodes are.

If you want to scare yourself........ Virchow's Node

Good luck with western medicine. They are clueless. . . . :wave:

9. i would just stick with edibles or tinctures.. smoke is irritating

10. For some people it is not that simple.

11. I have the same thing. I went to an ENT, and she gave me antibiotics.

Went back after I finished them, and she did an ultrasound on it. She said it's nothing to worry about and the the nodes drain fluid and other things from time to time.

I am a hypochondriac, so I was worried about cancer.

I am also suspicious that the suction from the bong, and smoking while I had a cold did this, but I am no doctor.

12. I get it when i vape

13. You need a bag style vape. Always vape at low temps and dont take big rips from the bag. The vape itself should be barely visible.

Dense smoke and heat is causing the neck pains.

14. #94 Izzy Mandelbaum, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2013
    It is not always the most simple and easiest explanation of "Don't smoke, use a vape" . . . . please do some research on the subject.

A swollen lymph node is different than a raw throat after taking a big bong hit or smoking blunts all night.

The myopic responses are getting old . . . .

• Like Like x 1
  15. Obv lol. I never noticed till thus thread funny enough

16. Hey long story short. i took a few dabs and a bump on my neck got super inflamed right after smoking,and neaely doublong in size .. started throbbing its gone now

17. I just came across something. I think it may explain something, at least in my case. . . . .

I heard about a bacteria called actinomyces. It is an anaerobe and usually lives inside our mouths and gut. It can become pathogenic, if given a chance. Usually through the mouth, lungs, or gut. It has been found via biopsy from inflamed lymph nodes from affected individuals. Cannabis has anti-microbial and immune modulating effects.

Could it not be that maybe we have largely subtle chronic infections located within our lymphatic systems? Cannabis has anti-microbial and immune modulating effects. Could it not be when we ingest cannabis, it changes things, either for the bad or for the good? I like to believe, and have experienced, good things personally.

This actually helps me a lot..... since now I have proof of, and NAME of, a disease causing anaerobic microbe, causing lots of similar symptoms to what I have experienced for years. Do some looking into it.
    Proving the infection and treatment are difficult.

• Like Like x 1

18. That seems plausible. I'm going in for a physical soon so I will ask my doctor about it.

I did have dental work recently, which wikipedia said could be a cause.

19. Here is my thought...this forum is no place to seek medical advice. Smoking has been thought to have anti-inflammatory effects, however there has not been any reasonable studies to confirm this - this might be explain the reduction in the size of the mass on your neck. Please Please seek advice from another doctor, preferably one that will refer you to a radiologist that can use some diagnostics to actually take a look at what's in your neck. Your health is not a joke, and getting a second opinion is the best thing you can do here.

20. What is the point of going to a doctor who only responds to symptoms?

Every doctor I have been to suggests I am daft, have a lack of steroids, antibiotics, or acid blockers. Western medicine only responds to disease symptoms. True causation of some "immune" disorders are way beyond the grasp of their reality. Why would I go to another doctor trained in the same backwards theory? Just to hear his opinion based on the same 'knowledge' passed to him by corporate universities, refined by the pharmacological and healthcare industries?

If you have ever had a condition for which doctors have no explanation, and instead suggest you are nuts, you would think differently.