Theory of Evolution

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by lenhattien, Nov 20, 2020.

1. #41 Deleted member 638051, Jan 19, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2021
    It does more to answer questions for me.
    The earth experienced a myriad of catastrophic events that resulted in the global flood.
    " all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened. "
    Tectonic. Water was coming from above and below. Torrential currents carving canyons.
    Rain prevailed 40 days, and the water covered the mountains for 150 days, and they were in the ark for a year it took the waters to recede. Thats how we end up with things buried in strata layers that were still chewing the food in their mouth. Tropical forests under the Antartica or the Sahara.
    The earth hasn't been the same since. Gods judgements affect the earth, in fact the universe. Just look at the changes that resulted from the fall of Adam. From perfect creation to cursed. From life and fellowship to death and separation. Adam was created to live forever. Now things get old and deteriorate. People don't live as long as they used to. Eventually the gene pool became so corrupted with mutations we were told to stop marrying close relatives. But we can still see the inherited health issues and cancers, etc.
    IDK, to me it's not like the answers are not there, but it's more like they are buried in the translations crossing languages. And then as you work your way through that, you still have to consider the cultures and what those words would have meant to the culture it was written/addressed to.

2. i think you and i agree that HU-man did not evolve from one thing into another, i.e. homo sapiens. i too am a creationist, i too believe in the great I AM. the controversy for me and the biblical record is the archeological record. they dont match up.

i think it is also important to remember that the Old Testament of the Christian King James Version is an english translation of the Hebrew Tanakh. iow, the KJV version of Genesis is a Hebrew account of creation written for fellow Hebrews. the ancient Sumerians also had a creation story, The Epic of Gilgamesh, which shares many similarities of the Jewish version of Bereshit (Genesis). though Moses is credited for authorship of the first five books of KJV, the actual story of creation is thought by many to have been first written and articlated as early as the 6th and 5th century BC.

and besides, it is written that no man can know and see God yet we're told in the story of Genesis that God walked in the garden of eden and actually spoke to adam and eve. but, in all fairness that was the "first creation story", followed by a "second creation story" following the great flood, neither of which address what modern scholars call a "pred-adamite flood".

then there's that pesky problem of archeology. if the science guys are right with carbon dating then the biblical creation story time line doesn't align with discovered artifacts such as structures, evidence of culture and societies, that lived before Adam. Golbeki Tepe being one of many.

so we agree mankind did not evolve from an ape into a man, i think we simply differ on the origin of HU-man.

3. Well, carbon dating is very misleading, inconsistent, and nearly always requires a stretch to "make it work".
    Archeologist often use the Bible to locate where to dig. Kinda like using ships logs to locate sunken treasure.

But... I've seen this movie before. Somebody's going to jump in here and turn this into a shitfest.
    I'm gonna step out before it gets there.

Thanx.

• Agree Agree x 1

4. sex, politics, and religion. the three subjects that are great at getting fecal matter flying in the wind. good convo. cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Each to their own beliefs, i just rather not believe.

6. must be lonely for you. it's alright. we're all going to die at some point anyway - no one gets out of this life alive.

have a good ride! cheers!

7. #47 mytwhyt, Jan 31, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2021
    Don't try slapping around the nonbelievers.. I know it's considered a good Christian trait.. Do you congregate with the Holy, or the Holier than thou? There's almost 170 million of you.. By percentage every other person you see is one, or like our ex prez, claims to be one.. Our government by the main, is run by hypocrites, mostly Christian.. For 4 years they adopt the mantel of the most Godless man they can find to use.. In 4 years they were both used well by the other.. If trump is a product of evolution, that's not saying a lot for it.. .. By the same token?
    Do you think you an use his, quid pro quo, with your God and get away with clean hands.. If you're all about salvation, it seems to me you're skating on thin ice.. To be a fire proof fly on the wall of a Christian Hell...

8. Your just fishing and I have no time for creationist.