~The Unofficial Wisdom Quotes Wanted Thread – Roast a Bowl and Post a Quote~

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AK Infinity, Sep 18, 2006.

1. “The best slave is the one who thinks he is free.”

-
    Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. I can't let this thread die.

My father has many good quotes but two stuck.

1st : If you kept your mouth shut nobody would've known what a moron you are

2nd: They fill libraries with what you don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I hope that - whoever you are - you escape this place. I hope that the world turns, and that things get better.

But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that even though I do not know you, and even though I may not meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you: I love you.

With all my heart.

I love you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  4. And those who were seen dancing were thought to be crazy by those who could not hear the music.

• Like Like x 3
  5. If one would allow another influence over ones actions, one would fall from grace, lose the nobility of his stance, and be forgotten for his lack of resolve!
    There is no arrogance in truth, truth is just fact, now a lie, well that is the most arrogant thing there is, that person that lies to you believes they are better than you while hiding the fact that they are afraid of you.
    It is not that I am to smart for you, it is that you are to lazy to understand me.
    I am no warmonger, and as much as I tease, the truth is that some battles are not fought on the field, those that are fought in the mind and soul, those are the battles that are most terrible, we fight greed and envy, and we forget true character, wracked with our own insecurities, some of us, so few, we find that we can and will be better people.
    I do not like being a rat in a maze....I will not be a puppet or tool for anyone, I will never invest in what will not benefit me, or those that do not love me.

• Like Like x 1
  6. “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.”

Robert Brault

• Like Like x 1
  7. Evil and good depend on who's judging.

• Like Like x 1
  8. "The best day of your life is the one on which you decide your life is your own. No apologies or excuses. No one to lean on, rely on, or blame. The gift is yours. It is an amazing journey, and you alone are responsible for the quality of it. This is the day your life really begins."
    - Bob Moawad

• Like Like x 2
  9. “Men argue. Nature acts.” ― Voltaire

10. A life i didnt enjoy, but with some safety.

vs

A life i love, but without a safety net.

What’s the point in prolonging a life i’m not enjoying?

Safety is an illusion
    Danger is an illusion

Different dangers, not more dangers.

Live, not exist -jack london

Wanna know how to live? Ask a dieing person, Elizabeth ross interviewed thousands in her life. Never do they say to work more.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  11. A man does not protect his woman because she is weak, he protects her because she is important.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. #3613 Lemonfox69, Aug 22, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    To consider earth the only populated world in infinite space is as absurd as to assert that in an entire field of of seeds, only one seed will grow. - Metrodorus of Chios

• Like Like x 1
  13. "Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!"
    -H.S.T.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Trust Facts, not opinions.

Never Underestimate the Stupidity of Mankind.

15. Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

-Einstein.

16. All universal moral principles are idle fancies.
    -Marquis De Sade

17. "Nothing (no thing) is."

18. "A witty saying proves nothing" - Voltaire.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. To be is to be too.