~The Unofficial Wisdom Quotes Wanted Thread – Roast a Bowl and Post a Quote~

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by AK Infinity, Sep 18, 2006.

1. "When I say it's you I like, I'm talking about that part of you that knows that life is far more than anything you can ever see or hear or touch. That deep part of you that allows you to stand for those things without which humankind cannot survive. Love that conquers hate, peace that rises triumphant over war, and justice that proves more powerful than greed." --Mister Rogers

• Like Like x 2
  2. "There is no happiness except that of experiencing your
    Self. When you see that, it makes the path very direct.
    You stop chasing the rainbow and you go for the
    happiness where you know it is, right within you."
    ~ Lester Levenson

• Like Like x 1
  3. You know how dumb the average person is well 50% are even dumber.
    Bill hicks I think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. "I feel more like I do now than I did awhile ago."
    ~ Unknown (or just didn't want to admit a total non-statement)

• Like Like x 1
  5. "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid" ~ Benjamin Franklin

• Like Like x 2
  6. "I was born poor with very little, and after 43 years of hard work I still have half of it."

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. "Don't probe darkness to understand light.
    Don't dwell on sickness to be healthy.
    Don't indulge in thoughts of lack to have supply."

Lester Levenson

• Like Like x 1
  8. Give someone a gun they can rob a bank, give them a bank they can rob a nation ~ Yoggi Berra (I think)

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  9. No matter how big and bad you are, no matter how mature or successful or busy you might be, if a two year old hands you a toy phone. You answer it.~?

That awkward moment between life and death.~?

• Like Like x 1
  10. "We came into this world to be a body in order to learn
    that we are not a body."

L. Levenson

11. “It is always the false that makes you suffer, the false desires and fears, the false values and ideas, the false relationships between people. Abandon the false and you are free of pain; truth makes happy, truth liberates.”

Nisargadatta Maharaj

12. It isn't the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it's the pebble in your shoe.~ Muhammad Ali

Sent from my SM-G935V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  13. “Whatever happens, happens to you by you, through you; you are the creator, enjoyer and destroyer of all you perceive.”

Nisargadatta Maharaj

14. “A quiet mind is all you need. All else will happen rightly, once your
    mind is quiet. As the sun on rising makes the world active, so does
    self-awareness affect changes in the mind. In the light of calm and
    steady self-awareness, inner energies wake up and work miracles
    without any effort on your part”

Nisargadatta Maharaj

15. “Sex is like a gas station. Sometimes you get full service, sometimes you have to ask for service, and sometimes you have to be happy with self service.”
    ;)

16. Your experience in reality is based on your belief systems. If they are conditioned and limited by others outside of self, you are not experiencing reality for what it truly is, you are experiencing reality for what you have been conditioned to believe truly is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. We buy things we don’t need with money we don’t have to impress people we don’t like.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Man surprised me most about humankind. Because he sacrifices his health in order to make money. Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health. And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present; the result being that he does not live in the present or the future; he lives as if he is never going to die, and then he dies having never really lived.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Life is short and often painful so the way I see it you can scream in agony or become a masochist.

• Like Like x 1