~The Unofficial Positive Vibrations Thread- Post Something about Peace, Love or Grass~

Discussion in 'General' started by AK Infinity, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Things come around. You can be crying and feeling like you're done with life but time will pass and you'll find yourself crying because of how beautiful life is one day. Just gotta ride those waves.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. I love the song Positive Vibrations by Bob Marley\
    Amen. I love you alllll!

• Winner Winner x 2
  4. Classic

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
  5. #6745 Floydian, May 10, 2021
    Last edited: May 10, 2021
    All that is gold does not glitter,
    Not all those who wander are lost;
    The old that is strong does not wither,
    Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. first time autoflower going..is it like the veal of weed?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. off to the forrest i go, to lose my mind and find my soul

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Let them see you shine.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. I looked up, they looked down. Our eyes locked, one wore a frown.
    I beamed them a quality ounce, now their step has a smile and a bounce.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Peace, Love, Togetherness... and Sleep <--- because without sleep, I can't do the other three. Just saying.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. “The problem is;
    We look for someone to grow old together,
    While the secret is to find someone to stay a child with!
    (Charles Bukowski)”

What does Love mean to 4-8 year old kids?
    Slow down for a few minutes to read this...

A group of professional people posed this question to a group of 4 to 8 year-olds, 'What does love mean?' The answers they got were broader, deeper, and more profound than anyone could have ever imagined!

'When my grandmother got arthritis, she couldn't bend over and paint her toenails anymore...
    So my grandfather does it for her all the time, even when his hands got arthritis too.
    That's love.' Rebecca - age 8

'When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You just know that your name is safe in their mouth.' Billy - age 4

'Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other.' Karl - age 5

'Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs.' Chrissy - age 6

'Love is what makes you smile when you're tired.' Terri - age 4

'Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him,
    to make sure the taste is OK.' Danny - age 8

'Love is what's in the room with you at Christmas if you stop opening presents and just listen.'
    Bobby - age 7 (Wow!)

'If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate.' Nikka - age 6
    (we need a few million more Nikka's on this planet)

'Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt,
    then he wears it every day.' Noelle - age 7

'Love is like a little old woman and a little old man who are still friends even after they know each other so well.' Tommy - age 6

'During my piano recital, I was on a stage and I was scared. I looked at all the people watching me and saw my daddy waving and smiling.
    He was the only one doing that.
    I wasn't scared anymore.' Cindy - age 8

'My mommy loves me more than anybody.
    You don't see anyone else kissing me to sleep at night.' Clare - age 6

'Love is when Mommy gives Daddy the best piece of chicken.' Elaine - age 5

'Love is when Mommy sees Daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redford.' Chris - age 7

'Love is when your puppy licks your face even after you left him alone all day.' Mary Ann - age 4

'I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones.' Lauren - age 4

'When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you.'
    (what an image!) Karen - age 7

'Love is when Mommy sees Daddy on the toilet and she doesn't think it's gross...' Mark - age 6

'You really shouldn't say 'I love you' unless you mean it. But if you mean it, you should say it a lot.
    People forget.' Jessica - age 8

And the final one: The winner was a four year old child whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman who had recently lost his wife.
    Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there. When his mother asked what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy said, 'Nothing, I just helped him cry.'
    And then go be a child again today!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Just finishing up a LoTR marathon. All alone in my room. 1 very good tab of lsd and my gg4. What a great night. BTW why didnt the eagles just fly Frodo in..drop off the ring..then fly him out?

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Light some magical herbs, order a pizza, then watch Always Sunny in Philadelphia and the "white trash" episode. This should brighten your day.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. They didnt take the boring "fly directly to fix the issue" route because they all got stoned with gandolf in the shire very start of the story...i think thats why!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. That is a SOLID observation. Man that longbottom leaf must be the shiznit.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Word in the street says Gandolf is the godfather of Organics so you know they had to take a quick smoke break

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. #6759 Floydian, Jan 19, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2022
    There are a few reasons for this. One is that the Eagles were servants of Manwe (Manwe was the leader of an order of beings even higher ranked than those like Gandalf,) and Manwe had by this time essentially stopped giving the Eagles orders, allowing them to make decisions on their own. In this case, the Eagles simply would not have wanted to, and no one asked them to. In The Hobbit they had refused to take the Dwarves any further out of fear of simple longbow-men and scattered homesteads around Mirkwood. They still had their own survival to look after, and were not invulnerable. Flying in to Mordor without Sauron's armies distracted or drawn out would have been sheer suicide for an Eagle.

Another reason is that the entire plan surrounding the ring was one of secrecy. That's why Hobbits were used, they're light on their feet, hard to spot, and good at being sneaky. Even so, Frodo and Sam had a hard time getting to Mount Doom. Eagles, not so sneaky. They would have been seen from miles away and the entire mission would have been jeopardized. The Cracks of Doom, the only entrance to Mount Doom, where the One Ring could be destroyed, would likely be covered by Orcs immediately if Eagles came flying in, and the Hobbits would never have made it. They needed to go undetected.

Deception was also used where applicable, when Sauron believed that Pippin had the ring and had been taken to Minas Tirith, he launched a full assault on Minas Tirith, giving Frodo and Sam more time. After the battle was over, Aragorn looked into the seeing-stone and Sauron believed he had the ring, then Aragorn marched upon the Black Gate, as a last ditch attempt to fool Sauron and buy Frodo and Sam yet more time (and draw out more of his armies.) The Eagles joined in this fight, likely of their own free, will to neutralize the Nazgul and their fell beasts, realizing the importance of this last stand against Mordor without giving away the ruse Sam and Frodo were up to.

In short, Eagles didn't like being shot at, despite what it may seem like with Gandalf they aren't just a taxi service, and the mission was about secrecy. Really secrecy and the hobbits staying hidden is just the biggest key to it all.

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. Hopping in to share something that my therapist told me. It helped me with my anxiety, and my worries. So hopefully this helps someone too!

She said worrying is a spiral. You just go around and around, saying what if? When, what, where, how? So there is one easy way to fix worrying in the first place. The first thing you have to do, is identify what you're worried about. Let's say you're worried about a family member giving you a hard time. Or you're worried about keeping your car from breaking down, or keeping food on the table. First thing is figuring out what it is.

Second step isn't fixing it. I thought it was. Actually, one of the most important steps is stopping and saying, "Am I in control of that?" This is where I looked at my therapist like, "Of course. This bull." But this is so entirely important and I didn't realize it until it was explained to me.
    Sometimes "are you in control" is yes or no, or it could be a percentage. If the answer is no, it's something you aren't in control of... And there could be no help for that particular worry because it is without a solution. It is important to understand situations like that, because sometimes you will worry knowing you are. This is where we can fix it.

If your family member gives you a hard time it's important to understand that you aren't in control of what they do, but you are in control of what YOU do and how you react. That is what you have control over. So instead of being worried about what your family member does and says, think about how you could handle the situation. You aren't speaking their words or walking their walk.

Car breaking down? Not completely your fault when it happens out of nowhere, but you are in control of keeping your car in good condition. So if you are worried about that, find a solution. Get your car inspected and buy a part... Or, it could very much be something as simple as "I will cross that bridge when I get there."

Now that last one, food on the table, is something you would need to be in control of. So that is something you need to act upon, and it's okay to ask for help. Saying it is your responsibility to stay fed isn't what people want to hear, but if you are worried about something that will not happen without your own intervention, then you will keep going in a spiral until you decide to act.

Dunno if that helps anyone. Learning to think this way helped me in life and helped me in therapy healing my PTSD from childhood trauma. I hope if you took the time to read this, that good things come your way and you can find your own way from there.

• Friendly Friendly x 1