Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The UnOfficial Pass On Some Advice to a Younger Stoner Thread - Roast and Post

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by AK Infinity, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Here's an unpopular opinion... The best advice I can give is to never let Cannabis consume/define you. Remember to always better yourself and to do things other than smoking. That's the key to being an successful stoner.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Advice to a young stoner?

- Recognise when the habit is becoming too big, you're consuming too much money or weed every day, and take a tolerance break. Yes cannabis is a medicine, a spiritual plant, a social lubricant, and you feel like you can smoke all day every day, but there is still such a thing as too much. If you're smoking more than 7-14g a week to your self, you're probably hitting a wall and it's good to give your body (and your wallet) a reset once in a while to prioritize life for a while.

- Cannabis in most forms is a psychoactive substance, meaning each strain is going to effect you differently. Some are going to relax you, others are going to take your mind to a completely different place. My advice is to find strains you like for particular activities and stick with them, and to try other strains with curiosity a little bit like you would try new food, just so you're not in the wrong mood for the wrong occasion.

For example, I like hiking, and when I'm amongst the wildlife I like a really strong sativa that I can use to be active, but also when the mood is right, to take some really huge hits of its concentrate to blast me while I sit by the river for an hour or two.

Some strains are better for this than others, I know what mind set I want to be in and if I've got some heavy indica for example, that tranquility by the river is just not going to happen. Likewise, I don't want to be hitting hard on some sativa concentrate at a party with my friends because I'll literally not talk for a whole hour.

- Cannabis is stronger and more diverse than you think. For the benefit of your mental health, treat cannabis as seriously as you would treat alcohol. Smoke nice fresh, clean weed, be a bit of a conesuer and enjoy all the wonderful tastes, aromas and properties of this plant responsibly.

Peace!

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  3. Not quite a newbie to smoking. Just wanted to ask if tolerance breaks are necessary. Coming back from a break feels great, but I found some balance with smoking after work days, and at this point it seems like a hassle to take a break when life still the same old same old.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tolerance breaks aren't necessary unless you want to lower your tolerance. I was on a T break when everything started getting shut down. I quit that- it's too stressful right now to stop something that works to keep my mood stable.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. It's hard to say because everyone's different, right? But at least for me if you're spending your entire pay cheque on weed it's becoming less of a part of your day and could be more of an issue that's consuming your life.

I'm not suggesting it's becoming a problem like alcohol, but if you want to buy that new camera, or you want to build a new PC, or go away on holiday, sometimes those things are more important than cannabis and you can absolutely do those things by taking a short break and lowering your tolerance in the process.

For context, when I'm smoking at peak I'd say on average I would smoke 1.5g a day, from wake and bake to the minute I fall asleep. Now yes that is manageable, but it costs me 100 a week. If you grow your own and you're not spending money that's great, but if you're spending 400+ a month just on weed alone I've come to learn that it can be considered a problem.

After a short tolerance break, I might only smoke 0.5g a day saving me money in the process. In that time I could save up 800 and that's extra cash in the bank that I can use to improve my quality of life instead of just getting stoned all day every day.

I guess my point is that for many cannabis is a lifestyle, and for many coming home at the end of the day to a few joints is great. But breaking the bank, having no money and wishing you could do things if you just had the money, is something I think every young smoker needs to learn to recognize and take that step every once in a while to enjoy life as well as enjoying weed.

• Like Like x 2
  6. -Manage your stash to make it last
    -All grinders are not created equal, get a good one
    -For the health conscious, keep healthy food on hand for when those munchies hit
    -The cleaner the bong, the better the smoke
    -Enjoy it

• Like Like x 2
  7. Always make sure you have more than one plug and keep good relations (non-sexual) with them that way you always good.

8. Here are some tips regarding cannabis tolerance.

9. This article is about CBD tolerance, not THC.

10. :blush:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. That's not a bad thing, it's just an article about CBD tolerance

12. #5192 Averagejoe420, Jun 14, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2021
    I

13. Want to blow smoke out your window so you don't smell up your place with weed? It helps to know which way the wind is blowing so it doesn't get blown straight back in, which while kind of hilarious isn't when you're trying to keep the smell down. Easy way to check is just light your lighter right next to the window and see which way the flame moves, if it's even or gets sucked out the window you're good. Just be careful not to accidentally burn your screen doing that, it smells bad.

14. This can backfire.....I'd tell you to "go call them then" personally.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

15. The cops does not want to help you and you should never never help them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. I've seen Nuff people from school days go from decent stoners to plain bums. My advice is always prioritise the important things such as school work and what not. I used to get high after school and I could not do any coursework while I was high and tired which led to me failing. Treat it like a reward, I used to smoke it after studying and then when I started working I would smoke end of the week and it felt good on a Friday.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Yes, they are necessary. You don’t notice it now but you will.

My advice to new people is the old saying

“Less is more”

I treated cannabis like alcohol when I started not understanding how it worked

I would take more more more

Biggest mistake of my life

My tolerance went to the moon

I once shotgunned a whole syringe of RSO all at once which was 850 MG of THC

I barely felt anything

One dose is supposed to be 5-10 MG

So I did 170 times what your supposed to do and felt almost nothing !!!!

it was lighting a $50 bill on fire

When I started 5 MG would knock me out for like 12 hours

I can only use cannabis once maybe twice a week or it does nothing

My advice is take it easy (especially on edibles or concentrates)

Cannabis Tolerance is nothing like Alcohol Tolerance

With alcohol you can always get drunk you might just have to drink more

Your body will cut you off with THC

Imagine drinking a Fifth of Vodka and not feeling anything

That is how Cannabis is with me

I noticed that after 3 hits in my Vape pen there was no increase in the high

Whether I took 3 hits or 100 it didn’t matter

All it did was waste money and time and worst of all made my tolerance problem even worse

Less is more

Use as little Cannabis as you can believe me

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. For piss tests for jobs that require it but only require it once and don't care afterwards, this has helped me get 4 jobs. I'm not a schill or nothing. I actually had to teach a store owner how to use it once when I got it because they just got them in and she didn't know how it worked. Follow the instructions, throw it in the microwave for 15-30seconds or however it says. Wrap the included hand warmer around it with the rubber bands and tuck it where the sun doesn't shine. Thought I'd help out with this if anyone needs it. It works I can verify that. Screenshot_20220805-113607_Chrome.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
  19. Don't heat a dab til its red. A mistake I've seen a few times. The safest method is called cold starting.

Stick a dab in the nail before heating. Slowly heat the dab and carb cap it. Once you start to see vapor stop heating. Then dab that low-temp vapor. It's smoothier has more flavor and gets you really high. Heat it up again for more dabs. When it starts to taste burnt and looks like burnt, clean it with a qtip dipped in iso. Then heat off the iso after cleaning for more dabs.

Too many people dab too hot. When you dab too hot you actually can get rid of those good terps that make the THC have more flavor and a better high. You will still get very stoned cold start dabbing.

Also warm water in the bong with ice in the chamber helps make it smoother too.

Also when packing cones for joints pack the very bottom roach tighter than the rest of the joint to prevent any loose little pieces of ground bud getting in your mouth. Also to make the roach cooler temp pull out the filter by a tiny bit to create a gap of air between the filter and the roach.

If your packing a pipe and have no pipe screens. Don't worry break off a few small stems and use those as a pipe screen.

Rotate joints as you light them to prevent canoing one side. If the wind is blowing and one side burns up and the other doesn't. Moisten the mostly burnt side then light the unburnt side while toking hard. Face the unburnt side towards the wind. This will fix the burn pattern.

If you have a infused joint. Hold it like a torch with the cherry facing up. So that way the oil drips down through out your joint and its not stuck on one side.

Total THC numbers don't mean as much people think. Terp content also matters and plays a role into your high.

If you have THC crystals pair them with terp sauces to maximize their high.

If you are a beginner in the world of dabs or edibles. Keep CBD near by. CBD can save you from a greenout or panic attack experience.

Mangos have terpines that can boost your high. Eating mangos while smoking can really enhance the experience.

• Like Like x 2