The some of my efforts grow log - 95w led/600w HID

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by bonzo78, Feb 11, 2021.

1. #1 bonzo78, Feb 11, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    Sup GC? I'm getting started again with growing indoors so I wanted to share my garden and my progress.
    I have set up a space in my closet where I will be doing early veg under a 3000K HLG 100 until my plants are big enough to go under my 600 watt MH/HPS to finish veg and flower. All plants will finish up the later part of their life in the 4x4 tent in the picture below. I've got a decent collection of amendments now, including kelp meal, alfalfa meal, fish bone meal, insect frass and glacial rock dust. I plan to feed aerated teas to my plants, but the air stones I ordered have not arrived yet. I am also waiting on an upgrade for my MH bulb, one that is 5700K on the colour spectrum.
    I topdressed some of everything besides the rock dust when I planted the auto. I haven't added any glacial rock dust to my soil yet, as my basement is a mess, and I'm not completely organized yet so I still have to make a plan for recycling my soil. Once I know that the soil I mix up will be reused, then I will add that to my soil when it is mixed up.
    The plant on the right in the closet is a Jack 47 XL Auto, on its 21st day above soil, that I am treating with colloidal silver daily to produce fem pollen to cross with an Amnesia Auto. Both of these were freebie seeds that I got with an order from True North Seedbank.
    The pot on the left in the closet contains a seed that I just planted right before typing up this journal. It is a Strawberry Cough that I will be cloning, and hope to harvest some smoke from, as well as experimenting with crossing it with different strains that I bought from Crop King seeds. I plan to breed this strain with itself in order to have backup seeds to experiment with first, so I don't have to buy more seeds if something goes wrong.
    I apologize in advance for any typos when I post pictures, I will have to post any pictures from GrassCity mobile app, as my email provider doesn't want to let me email them to myself, and my crappy laptop doesn't want to recognize my phone when I connect it.
    Anyways, I will leave you with this for now, and will update with the progress from time to time. Feel free to ask questions as well as offer suggestions. 20210211_114046.jpg 20210211_114054.jpg 20210211_114121.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Would the ppf from that 95 watt light, reflected in a small footprint be a bit too intense for such small plants?

3. #3 bonzo78, Feb 13, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    Well, the Strawberry Cough seed didn't work out like I expected. I left a plastic dome over it all night last night, and when I woke up the seedling had sprouted, then fallen over and started growing back under the soil. That's the third seed that's failed to sprout in a row. Trying again with a Critical Jack Fast Fem seed. I've just got to let it defrost before germinating it.

4. #4 bonzo78, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2021
    The Critical Jack Fast is day one above soil. I like to think I'm an educated grower, but this is turning out to be nothing but a learning experience. Hopefully now I've got down how to start a seed without killing it.
    I'll probably be breeding the Critical Jack Fast to keep some extra seeds around. I may not veg very long with her, because I would like to get some CBD autos or something grown by summer also.
    I'll post more photos once the plant is bigger than an ant.

5. #5 bonzo78, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
    POST DELETED

6. Hey guys, another update.
    The Critical Jack Fast in the small pot is on day 4 above soil as far as I remember. The Jack 47 XL Auto is on day 32. The auto only had a few wispy calyxes shooting out as of 3 days ago, and now look at her!
    Still looking forward to pulling off one of my first successful grows. I had to take a hiatus from my efforts because I wasn't able to grow indoors.
    Can anyone tell me what the cause of the yellowing and rust spots on the lower leaves would be? I topdressed this plant right after sprouting with about a half teaspoon of every amendment except rock dust and insect frass. The rock dust I didn't add, and I added about 3 tbsp. of frass as I figured it must be like EWC seeing as it is a manure product.
    I have since read to take it easy on the fertilization for the first 2 weeks or so.
    I also can't wait until I get through breeding these two autos so I can manage my space with more uniformly sized plants.
    20210223_105652.jpg 20210223_105621.jpg 20210223_105631.jpg 20210223_105814.jpg 20210223_105822.jpg 20210223_105810.jpg

Sent from my SM-A205G using Grasscity Forum mobile app