The Outdoor Pandemic Special-19

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by Nex420, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Thanks brother, it’s really been a process.
    When we moved here in the early 90s, virtually the entire property was concrete. Hell even the back area where my garden is now was broken up concrete and dirt. After slowly breaking it down in the front, getting a lawn out there, then slowly in the backyard as well. Set up a patio with brick pillars. Then most recently with the remodel we redid the entire back again.

So all in all, it’s just been a really long process but like anything great, it took time and some trial and errors. I think we’ve got a pretty good landscaping going on now. Should be getting a gate guy redoing our gates here soon. Everything is coming together just right outside. I’m thoroughly enjoying it.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. I installed solar panels for a while, they even brought me all the way out to Cali to help finish a few projects, and imo it’s just not there yet (at least not while I was working with it).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Would you suggest getting them still? I've always heard about how if you get extra energy, the state buys it from you. Was thinking about some for our house.

• Like Like x 4
  4. I’ve only seen big business or University’s like the one I attended, that have major areas where they put all these panels out to supply energy.

Before I go further, I had drinks with the family and other illicit substances were passed out, so maybe my ideology is flawed here or not but I’m just saying from what I’ve seen, only the big companies that can fork the capital out for these solar panel investments start to see ROI maybe 5-10 years later on.

I’ve had a few people talk to me about their solar panel installations over the years and from what I’ve gathered, the equipment , like @Santiago_and_Dunbar suggested, is either not there yet, and you are either the investor putting money out to test this technology and perhaps score on it, or most likely scenario , lose out and be stuck with a piece of junk equipment that’s worth a shit.

My relatives just recently upgraded to solar panels to save costs on their roof repairs because they essentially lumped the costs together for cheaper getting these panels. They guaranteed her some sort of savings on energy in certain years, still holding my breath to see if that’s even there? Probably like the house lenders in 2008, they’ll disappear into the darkness. LOL

I have much more to say on this to further my assertions or stance on this matter.

I’ll probably circle back to this and talk later cause I’m pretty fucked up right now.. I’d go on but I’d probably be all over the place in my arguement. Doesn’t help most of my replies are on my phone so it’s a shit show to start. :D

Have a great Sunday everybody, I know I am

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. #785 Nex420, Apr 11, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Last time I looked into Solar it was a fair deal if you used a shitload of power in the day when the sun was strong.
    At that point we were still talking Lead Acid for storage and even a large bank was limited and short life span.

As for selling power back to your Utility that is a damn joke and a half.
    I'm paying 40 cents a kilowatt lets say when I'm buying power.
    When I'm making excess and want to sell some back I get like 4 cents per KW.
    So if you think selling power back to your utility will help payoff and amortize your investment forget that shit.
    The game is rigged and you can't even see the cards you've been dealt.

About a 1/3 of our block fell for that deal from the Solar Guy. Buy a new roof at an inflated price and get 10% off on your solar install.. Same two decades before that with the Window guy. The Fencing companies. LMAO

We get the fliers left on the porch twice a month.

BNW

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. I've heard all the horror stories, was hoping the tech had gotten better over the years, but I guess it's all chance. We have a garage that we were thinking of putting some on to power the outside lights, and maybe supplement our power.

• Like Like x 3
  8. That's what I was worried about. It's so wierd that they are the new Tin men. I guess the tech will never catch up till there's a reason for people to invest in research. Sigh.

• Like Like x 3
  9. And I guess one of my main arguments is if I already have Edison to pay my bill, why do I need to add another entity into that equation? Capitalism at its finest.

I’ll pass on the solar until I see the numbers for myself. Every person I talk to tells me about the savings they are going to incur 4th, 5th year, but it all sounds like a load of shit to me.

I tell all the snake oil salesmen, I’m from Missouri, you know what that means right?

Fucking show me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. What a beautiful day it was today; the weather has been astounding. Winds have been pretty calm; which is pretty rare.

Snapped some pics of all the girls, some are entering week 6&7 so that’s exciting. Others are trailing not far behind. Always lean pretty light on the feeds, but I’ve been a little lazy with the HFF lately so they look a tad bit hungry. Some more than others lol.
    C95BE0E5-2EF7-4C07-BD3C-C3F7E6A8DC2F.jpeg 339ADDEE-ADC0-4369-9215-878D113062EE.jpeg 965D4F2F-2C5A-462C-9957-D5F7F7A919F5.jpeg E0D13691-C14D-4E41-A082-AF2433A19F86.jpeg 7F374DE5-0A30-415D-83FC-46B8C8D0CF82.jpeg FB8878C5-CED2-4A9C-8477-E869180B3645.jpeg D481393B-663D-4D99-8F85-8F52FAAF0777.jpeg 08BB6468-18DF-4B8C-8641-A15252618F5D.jpeg 649D3AD4-2FC9-4306-9026-4C3B29D4C50D.jpeg 9ADDCCC2-51F0-4F5F-9839-722C17A3A42F.jpeg 202FBD46-66A0-4FD7-9E5C-339CBD0F5ACF.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. @Sirtootsalot
    DA1A5659-85C1-4957-BC45-1F973A7E080E.jpeg
    had some extra time after mulching so I got her nice and lined up. 2 of my female dogs are getting close to their end so I haven’t been as diligent at kicking their asses off the grass when they piss, but something I guess in female dogs urine will kill the grass. So I’m just dealing with it for now. It could be perfect but whatever.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Still gorgeous. Puppers always get a pass, especially if they're old.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Well they did that shit kinda here. Talked everyone they could into getting solar panels. No taxes and you could make money! The big boys of solar got pissed. Took it to court. Now you have to pay to put the energy on the grid and are taxed. Because fair is fair. If they are taxed to use the lines so should everyone. Oh yeah what a shit show. If you try and go off grid and only use your own energy another big fight and money is not saved. So stupid.

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. You can't even tell! You being a good pet owner. Lovely yard.

Sent with more cow bell!?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. If the tech is the same as like 6 years ago then NO! It’s all kind of a racket, imo, I don’t believe the costs would ever even out for you especially when you have to replace damaged panels and shit. I never installed residential type solar so I really don’t know much about it, don’t know much about it in general really I was just the guy that would go install in lightning and wind storms so they let me run crews because I’d get the actual work done lol.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Awesome bro, really glad you’re enjoying, that was my overall favorite smoke I’ve grown out yet so I can’t wait to see how she goes for you. I keep meaning to run them again but too many strains to try and too small a tent lol, I might try to stealth one out back in the middle of my tomato garden but my last one got super stinky and was taxing my carbon filter hard so idk lol. Excited to see yours get on outside in that gorgeous weather. Happy to see you sharing the love with your people in SD too, that’s what it’s all about man.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Oh yeah, got to spread the loves SD.

I’m Coronado bound today, San Diego is so beautiful.

I leave this house bong at a relatives house but I’ve had it for decades. Special gift from a college roommate Joel. His ceramic skills weren’t half bad lol. Great dude. 3BF8C2EA-7948-477B-8AB4-189192FF4CBE.jpeg

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Enjoy SD dude! Oh, and I got the box, everything is safe and sound.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. Hahaha nice!

SD is always great, miss my dude Dennis the one eyed cat. 3B4A50C3-1FF8-4C4A-8461-ED471B60C9EE.jpeg 85548681-1DF7-423A-B0B3-49908E84FAEE.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1