The new BHO discussion thread

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by SIRSOG, Feb 13, 2012.

1. After a lot grams of stuff trail and error i finally got the result i wanted, some nice honeycomb.
    The stuff is quite dark and would like to perfect it till it's gold/yellow collor.
    Some one explain how to or why the color is so dark..?
    Mayby by to much heat while purging?
    Now using some really fine Mesh filter.

Honeycomb00

Honeycomb01

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Whoa that's really dark.... how does it taste, does it seem like its heated too much.... I'm no expert I've open blasted some tane soup in a friends garage but i smoke alot of concentrates

3. It tastes quite good like some good hasj but then again i'm not an expert on smoking hasjes,... purged at a full vac temps should be fine... cause when i'm doing it at lower it wont comb... also note that the strain is very different to another..

4. Well i think if you want to become a expert hash maker maybe you should try being a expert hash smoker (I'm just goofin) what strain is it and how would you describe the taste..... this is some banana sauce it's amazing! [​IMG]

5. Can't tell exact strain but its a haze... we don't really put names on the strains here cause, you never know where it came from, unless you buy at a Coffeeshop.
    But its haze definitely..

6. Any tips on how I can clean this dirty dispensary wax I bought? It's full of what I assume is butane. I don't have access to a vacuum and I have tried boiling water baths for hours and toaster/normal ovens to try and cook it off but it still pops and sizzles near a flame, even though all bubbles appear gone. Any tips would be much appreciated and I can post pics of it if that helps.

7. true winterization..

8. Flash it out. You will lose terps but it will come out shattery and cleaner. Take some parchment paper and make an envelope. Put the shitty wax in there. Fold it so none can leak out. Take a hair straighter at its lowest setting and press the wax at 1 second intervals until you see bubble. Stop and press those out with your figures. Keep doing this until you can hold up your envelope to some light and no bubbles. Remember only hold for a secound at a time.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. That's a lot of pages for this subject, I wonder if we're getting any concensus on vacuum purging...my question is this...do you pull vac and repeatedly vent and revac, or just run that vac pump for hours??? It seems to me a constantly running vac pump is rather inefficient if venting and revaccing would pull out more butane. And is a running vac doing much more purging than simply pulling vac then closing it off???

10. My chamber is rated to hold a vac for 24 hours. I put my oil in my chamber. Warm it up until temp is where i want it. Pull vac. Let that bitch sit until reaction slows. Release vac slowly. Flip, and do it all again for days until your oil is clean.

11. Anybody know how to make sugar wax consistently? Aka autobuddered shatter? I have done it plenty of times, and can do it with almost enough consistency to do it at will, but I have one strain that just won't do it. I tried switching it from hot to cold over and over, and Leaving it in humid conditions and low humidity.

Sent from my VS995 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

12. Okay to begin, ive read maybe the last 100 pages and have a full CLS with dewaxing column and going to be running NBUTANE and wanted to buy the 20# tank instead of the cans. My question is can i run the solvent through the system of 120g using a 20# tank and take a loss(or not, not sure if they are max filled or just 3/4 like prefilled ones.) so that not to put back all of the butane and leave some space to not blow up and still use the same tank to recover the through distillation or will i need a catch can to catch the clean butane and reintroduce it to the main tank as you would? i would assume so as long as i maintain a low temp @ -40f as to draw it out? right i dunno i see everyone using clean tanks with the solvent used because they use cans or huge facilities who use giant tanks and mix their own solvent. nobody buys solvent buy bulk huh? lol anyways thanks guys longtime member but recently back and looking to make some awesome oil. GD

13. found my answer. Use a solvent collection tank then fill from there as the empty tank will have a vaccume and aid the butane into the cold collection chamber

• Like Like x 1
  14. Didnt get my timing right on my pour our of mg closed loop. Had to kind of scrape it out. I think i might have agitated it too much. Because now it looks like wax on my oil of slick. Waiting for it to get that nice melted look before i pull vac but its not happening. Any suggestions to save this run? The stuff i cleaned out with ISO turned this nice honey amber shatter. Really wierd.

15. Just winterized it. Pulled alot of crap out. Looks real good in tge chamber right now. Pics later.

16. Is it best to completely dry and cure for maximal extraction of harvest to be turned into wax or dabs.

Or is simply using fresh plant material to be frozen for a short time frame effective enough to completely extract its max oil yeilding potential?

I had accidently pollinated a female and the seeds appear to be matured and liable . I plan to collect all seeds and blast the nugget remains as soon as possible.

Will using fresh plant material to collect oil result in a inactive form of cannabis extract?

17. No but you will use a lot more tane, have a dirtier product, and in my experience you miss more seeds wet than dry, id let it dry and cure then deseed thoroughly because you will extract hemp seed oil (like cooking oil) from the seeds and u dont wanna dab that shit

• Like Like x 2
  18. Can someone recommend a good vac extractor that's not too spendy?

19. I tell you, Oregondaisy, I'd rather press rosin than blast bho. But you didn't ask that. I don't know about a vac extractor.