Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Little White Cookie of Marrakesh Recipe

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Storm Crow, Feb 18, 2021.

1. #1 Storm Crow, Feb 18, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2021
    I used to have this recipe in my List, but the link to it vanished from the internet. Since it is a "classic cannabis recipe", losing it bummed me out. :cry:

After searching, I finally found a version of it again in a PDF of a 2018 magazine, "The Santa Cruz Mountain Bulletin". So I am posting it up for two reasons, first off to share it with you, and secondly, so I can get it back into my List! :hello:

The Little White Cookie of Marrakesh

By Lori Suzanne Holetz

• 1 cup soft unsalted cannabis butter

• 3/4 cup organic cane sugar

• 1 egg

• 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

• 1 1/2 tsp almond extract

• 3 cups organic sifted flour

• 3/4 tsp baking powder

• Almonds, halved or slivered

Cream butter and sugar together, then mix in egg. Stir in vanilla and almond extract Sift flour, baking powder together and add to butter/sugar mixture, mix thoroughly. Roll dough into a 2” log, wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm. When chilled, slice into 1/4” thick slices. Press 1/2 almond into top and bake at 350 degrees until lightly browned. 1/2 cookie equals one dose depending on strength of cannabis butter. Enjoy!

For those of you who don't cook from scratch very often, to "cream" your butter and sugar means to put room temperature (NOT melted) butter and the sugar in a bowl and using an electric mixer (or a lot of vigorous hand mixing), mix them until they get creamy-looking. Taking the time to sift the flour and baking powder together gives a better product than just dumping them in. Chilling the cookie dough helps keep the cookies from spreading too much and burning around the edges, so don't skip it.

Granny :wave:

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Can my wife substitute regular sugar for the cane and subtract the almond extract and nuts. I love cookies.

• Like Like x 1
  3. There's another little tidbit in there, too. That's the "log". Often cookie recipes, especially homemade, make way too many cookies to be eaten while fresh. You can always freeze them but it takes less space to just freeze the log after making enough for your current needs.

As a single guy with no one to share with a whole recipe is too much. I could make less but I just prefer making the whole thing, make enough for a few days then stash the rest of the log in the freezer. I then can take out just enough, 2 maybe 4 then you still have fresh cookie dough instead of hard cookies. Just me, I guess.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this recipe before or something similar. :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. @Killerbee4323 Sugar is sugar, hon. Just have her double up on the vanilla to replace the missing almond extract. The nuts are quite optional - more just for decorating the cookies than anything.

Granny

• Like Like x 2
  5. I'll have her crack of a batch tonight. I have about 1 and a half sticks of green butter that needs to be used.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My curiosity was getting the best of me as to why this cookie seemed so familiar to me so I've been exploring Google. It turns out that this cookie is very familiar to me because I've eaten them numerous times although not infused.

I have a friend whose family is from the Middle East and she would make these sugar cookies all the time. I really like Middle Eastern desserts. Even the ones similar to other Western cookies are unique because of the flavorings included and they often aren't as sweet and maybe a bit savory, too. This style of cookie is called a Ghriba, usually almond.

The recipe is similar to an almond crescent sugar cookie. I found an interesting version of this looking through a Moroccan food site and then found more and more interesting things. i may have to start a Moroccan edibles section for my thread to go along with the Majoun balls. :yummy:

• Like Like x 1