The Grow Show: No Till ROLS Stealth Spare Room part II: Return of the NuteLess

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by GrowingAndShowing, Dec 9, 2019.

• Agree Agree x 1

1. She yields well. I have her to a friend I helped Learn to grow. He uses house and garden, yuck and a few other inputs that I would never use. But he was able to get 10# his first run with 6000 watts. 6 600 gavitas and 4 600 raptors with 48,000 btu of mini split ac
    The flower is nice and dense. A musty earthy citrusy sour d with a noticeable
    Licorice and anisette flavor and a hint of eucalyptus if you get her just right. I wish I was growing something I was more crazy about. But she has one of the better yields i have ever had, idk if you’ll find a pheno like this in any current headband seeds on the market she is interesting, most headbands I see are more sativa looking grow patterns and this one is a Bush with nice dense nuggets.

I’m really trying to go full no till organic with homemade KNF fermented inputs /
    Oriental herbal nutrients. I am using a few bottled products now but only because I have a waste not want not mentality and $300 worth of canna boost is hard to throw away for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. #23 GrowingAndShowing, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    How many watts was that for 2 and a half plates?

From my math I’m getting around 700 watts of light from those 7 boards is that accurate??

3. My ac keeps flipping the surge strip!! It’s only 11.9 amps and then I have my 6” inline and the titan temperature controller plugged into it but I bypassed the surge strip and just went directly into the power box. So now it’s ripping at max power and the temp is steadily going down. I was watching a movie and getting dinner ready and just opened the door randomly to find the room was 84 eeeekkk!! And the ac and duct fan was off so I had to reconfigure things but now I’m certain my environmental control is set up and ready for the next 6 weeks.

4. 2 bottles of Banana FPJ and 1 of my super secret special foliar blend. Which is my attempt at knocking off Nectar for the God’s bloom chaos.
    Boiled up some kelp in RO water at a rolling boil for about 5-10 Minutes. Then I strained it all and took the kelp paste and pressed it in a potato ricer to get every single last drop of kelp juice. Then I mixed in about 200 ml of strained aloe Vera gel, 100 ml of my silica product 100 ml molasses and 20 ml floraliscious plus and that left me with a full liter of flower tins foliar feed nutrient.[​IMG]

5. #26 GrowingAndShowing, Dec 12, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2019
    I’m considering getting a spectrum king 602 and some DE fixtures when I have the money. Lots of people around me are selling used gavita, phantom and nanolux light sets for 1/3 the retail and I want to capitalize on their inability to cultivate and grab some cheap high end gear. But I want to run them side by side to get a yield comparison. Maybe build my own qb/cob fixture. But those spectrum king fixtures look like beasts. I think you’re pulling 1.66 gpw and you could probably squeeze out a little more too with some training and defoliation or if you already do that then maybe a couple more girls in there, heavier defoliation or some different genetics?

Also have this pipe dream to build a room that has a full spec LED, 1000 watt de CMH, a light emitting plasma hood and a double ended HPS for flower. Want to get as full of a spectrum as possible. But I may scrap that idea and just get some nanolux de chill hoods because they look pretty tight at least until I can afford $1200 per spectrum king.

6. Can only do 4 at a time. If I run 5 it's a felony charge.
    Besides my 5x5 tent is wall to wall as you can see. And I train the shit out of them, no SCROG, just bending and breaking.
    Pic taken about 4 days ago.

20191208_194413.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  7. That is a packed tent. How big are the containers? What are you using?
    My lights go on in about 9 minutes. Favorite time of the day. About to roll up some NL and get a Sesh going. Need to start my defoliation tonight, not really looking foreward to it one bit.

8. Let there be light!
    Oh man I took a video of my lights coming on and i had pressed record and less than a second later the lights flipped right on !!
    But I just found out no videos can be posted I have to link it from another site. Damnit GC

9. Found a bold jumping spider hanging out on my window box. Saw something moving really fast and then I ran for my camera. Still couldn’t get a good shot lol. These suckers are quick and cute.

[​IMG]

10. Defoliation is pretty much done. Want to do more but two hours later and we are pretty much beat. And our arms are itchy/ irritated probably from the silica I’ve been spraying daily. There was also some residue from my
    Last watering on some of the leaves/ pieces of MBP dust, but here they are. Before and after:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

11. 4 bucket RDWC in a 5x5x6.5 running 2 Barney Farms LSD and two of the Do Si Dos. LSD is the two on the right\ front and back

12. I had to fix my ventalatjon/ environmental controls yet again. After 2 broken window ac units and deciding to put in my portable ac but not doing a good enough job. And even after fixing it yesterday it wasn’t doing enough so I realized that my window box was mixing the hot air exhaust from my hoods with the cold air intake and raising the temps up and the ac couldn’t compete. Maybe 3500 more btu and if the unit had a intake hose as well as an exhaust, but now that i custom fixed things and did it more professionally things are perfect as far as temps. A few jigsaw cuts, some epoxy putty and two screws later..... voila!!!!
    Here is the before nightmare jerry rig I did where I ran out of gorilla tape:

A IMG_4030.JPG
    Not easy to see but there is a mass of black plastic and blue painters tape which Is low tack and did not hold for shit but I knew it just had to try anything. But if you can see it is / was a mess
    And now the after: *angelic choir*
    IMG_4082.JPG

I was intaking and outaking through the same space and it was not working, I did make a window box that successfully did that just gave it to a friend and this was a box a friend made and gave to me where he had two windows and 2 intakes / 2 outakes one window dedicated to an air direction. The box i built took air i from the sides. This one mixed them together. I probably could have used some spray foam to separate the intake and exhaust better but you know what they say about hindsight...

But we will finally be able to sleep tonight without constantly monitoring temps!! Yay!!!

13. Your plants look happy and glad you got your environment under control. To me the environment is the most difficult thing about indoors as I know how to garden easy but I am not so keen on gadgets and electricity. My flower room is in a back room of a garage so I pull air from the cold garage and vent it out a window. I have restrictors on the inlet and outlets I can adjust as temps swing with the weather and a heater for night time. I encourage you to get off the bottle, the weaning process is hard I know. We get attached and I hate wasting things too- I still have foxfarm bottles in my garage from 10-12 years ago ROFL ...I think I might use them in a compost pile to activate it or give them away. I just know that when I switched to only home made inputs the terpene and resin levels went through the roof. Make some LAB and do a soil drench once a month it really kicks in the terps! Here is an interesting article about LABs and terps :Lactic Acid Bacteria (LAB) Boosts Potency, Terpenes And Yield - RQS Blog

14. I had given them an LAB soil drench before i had transplanted them in. I mixed my soil and let the pots sit hydrated for about 7-10 days because I filled 2 one day, then did the other 14 over the next two days, but as soon as I saw a mycelium Mat/ Santa’s beard growing I decided to risk it and throw them in. Here is the soil mix I used;
    [​IMG][​IMG]

As far as the environmental control goes things were still manageable but now k can close the door at night and get some sleep lol. I was misreading my thermo/hygrometer and didn’t realize the inside temp was reading at the unita location and the outside temp was the sensor that plugged in and I was hanging down on my canopy and k was reading only the inside temp and my real temps were around 81-86 sometimes hitting into the 90s a few instances but only for short periods of time before I intervened. Could have been worse. Found a better picture of the ventilation nightmare that existed before I fixed things, was just in there tightening up a small light leak.
    [​IMG]

Even with that mess things were semi manageable but now they are on point.

• Like Like x 1
  15. And that’s a good idea for that foxfarm, don’t see why not. Been using my a and b on house plants and some things around they yard, but anything that was naturally derived and a good flower booster Im clinging on to. Have a half bottle of cannaboost left over which I am convinced is an fpj made with heavy amount of molasses and may have some liquid blood meal in it because it smells like bacon almost. And then I have a sample box of nectar for the gods from a couple years ago. So since this is the first run in these containers I decided to supplement just a few feeds here and there, thought I was having some nitrogen/ ph issues when I first transplanted so I gave them a feeding and watered in about 1/4 cup of pulverized Dolomite lime stone and the next watering I gave them a diluted feeding of the full line of NFTG with a little extra Gaia mania which is good for plant issues. So they have been green as can be ever since. I didn’t get any dry bone or blood meal but their hurculean harvest is liquid bone meal. When i drove almost 200 miles to get my basalt The guy I met who runs an organic grow shop on western mass and showed me his super sour silver haze her grew and it was beautifully done and he uses just hurculean harvest as well as yucca some kelp silica and coconut water every now and again. He was also a
    Really awesome
    Guy and gave me 20 lbs of microfine basalt for only $10 so I ended up buying some guano, humic acid granules green sand and fish meal.

Trying to figure out how to make things myself though. I boiled some kelp in RO water then strained and pressed it for a foliar feed mixed it up with some molasses trying to copy NFTG’s bloom Khaos and also added some strained aloe Vera gel then some silica and 20ml of floraliscious plus whicb is also a seaweed/ humic acid product so that’s what I have for a foliar now. But I am dying to get on this knf fermenting game.

Still have to prune a little more, did a lot of defoliation the other night before figuring out I had issues with temps. But didn’t cut much leafy under growth off. I’m always reluctant to cut any potential flower sites off.

16. Sweet, with that soil mix I don't know why you worry about giving bottled stuff. You could compromise your biology. Remember LAB in soil just 1x a month, weekly foliar is great too. I think your babies are about to explode and all the struggle will be worth it. I look forwards to watching them flower out !

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lights are about to come on, favorite time of the evening.

18. Daaaang, your temperature says 91. It's like Arizona in there