the george floyd trail was set up for failure the second they announced the charges

Discussion in 'Politics' started by letsmokeasweet, Mar 31, 2021.

1. just one of the million of snippets from new articles i have read. jerry, honestly, i don’t even believe most of the shit in the news, even if it supports the way i feel about certain things, so i don’t really give to much to them. i’m sure i could find it, but even if i did; everyone is going to say something like o that’s fake news so what’s the point anymore. these people have all of this figured out pretty well and they laid the foundation very well. i really don’t care. they all voted for it so let them see for them selves. eventually i will get board of all of this and i will find another form of entertainment while i smoke
    my morning bowl
    sigh

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. With a warrant, and driving away.
    Why he was shot has not yet been said.
    But still, what part of getting back in the car and driving off was a good idea? Especially "NOW" in "THAT" town.

I've had warrants and never thought that was the way to get them cleared up. Running from, or fist fighting the cops has just never crossed me as a good idea.
    Color me stupid and chicken, I just can't see winning that game.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. i have been arrested with warrants. i knew my time was up. of course, i had a shotgun and a ar-15 ‘weapon of war’ aimed at my head. would NOT have been a good idea to run

4. This kid busted a move that he shouldn't have. He's the one who caused it. But the result is no excuse for the cop.
    Thought it was a taser? Nope. Not buying it. Not with that kind of authority.

Hey, what ever happened to that cop who shot that lady for asking a question? That was Minnesota too. That state needs to do something about their law enforcement.

5. He was a part of it but the female officer that had been on the force for 26 years really fucked up.

Daunte Wright was pulled over in Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, for what authorities said was a traffic violation. During a struggle captured on police bodycam video, Officer Kimberly Potter, a 26-year veteran, draws a weapon and yells “Taser, Taser, Taser.” She fires one round, then cries, “Holy shit, I just shot him.”

How does one make that big of an error? The grips don't even feel the same. SMH

:smoke:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1

6. how does one makes a mistake like that? in one word, fear. the further explanation might be uncontrolled fear. i really dont know how else it can be explained from a tactical view point and from the footage that was released.

7. Borderline unbelievable that someone who has worked that long can make such a mistake.

I see two emerging trends on these police shootings:

1) The killed is very often resisting arrest
    2) This almost always goes underreported

I think this second part tends to increase people's rage and suspicion. Makes it look like a willful racist murder when often it's incompetence. The former sells far more newspapers. I'd say the US police needs more training, but if after 26 years... maybe the police academy needs better acceptance standards. What a mess.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Problem is that folks dont seem to be applying for most any jobs. I know Its been ridiculous in my own construction field to the point where we simply dont have the manpower to get the work done - and I’ve been constantly reading the same about new police coming in.

Just cant get new people. Its a real issue and I dont know why this is.

j

9. I can't imagine police being among the popular jobs right now, either, but I have no idea what the numbers look like.

I wouldn't want to be a cop in America. Seems like a dangerous, underpaid, underappreciated, undertrained and thankless job.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Its because of the big reset, break it all down and rebuild new, ...their paying people to stay home, let the immigrants do all those construction jobs,at a cheaper rate. Just watch.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Send in the robots, and relocate the rioters to their own island.

12. I’d be happy to get some spanish guys - we’ve got bo one applying and am having a hard time getting the work done.

j

13. Supposedly the traffic was fraction was for a air freshener????

Tools for law enforcement

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Work? Why work when you can get paid to stay home? Gonna be hard getting people to work at all, let alone construction. Thank God I'm addicted to physical labor. Lol! I hurt more when doing nothing!

• Like Like x 1
  15. FUCK DUDE
    That is an excellent point!!!!!

damm. A lot of people are NOT going to understand what you just said
    Sad

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. sometimes I joke about going to the Mexican bus stop with a work sign and seeing if I get a couple of ‘snags’

17. This morning I heard it was expired tags.
    I wish I had a nickel for every time I've been pulled over because I "fit the description of someone they're looking for". How you gonna argue that?

18. Its a fucking shit show here.

Homeowner: why isnt this done yet?
    Everyone: because nobody wants to do it.

Simple as that. You want a house built? Good luck. Maybe the 10 carpenters in the state arent too busy. They could always hire a desperate tweaker... No shortage of those.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1

19. same here. my area has such a lack of able, willing, and skilled labor that it forces consumers and businesses to hire workers from 60+ miles away. it seems the skilled trades are going by the wayside.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Cant wait for housing to skyrocket once all the laborers decide to flip burgers for $15 an hour.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1