the george floyd trail was set up for failure the second they announced the charges

Discussion in 'Politics' started by letsmokeasweet, Mar 31, 2021.

1. killer cop trails have come and gone over the years and i can’t think of one where the cop was found guilty. most times the cop is found innocent and people get upset and go out and protest and riot.

this one will have the same outcome.

the charge they gave the cop has no way of being proven in court. they gave the guy a murder charge that is hard to prove. how are they going to make their case to the jury? the cop has good lawyers and they will know how to get out.

they should have given the guy an involuntary manslaughter charge. so so so much easier to prove then the murder charge.

it’s obvious the cop killed him, but so were all of the other times

my crazy theory is that they won’t be able to prove their case, the jury is going to acquit the cop and the whole country is going to go ballastic

why couldn’t they have charged him with something that was easier to prove and guaranty his guilt?

so everyone will riot some more

what do y’all think??

• Like Like x 1
  2. You have a point about the involuntary manslaughter charge. We all know it was premeditated murder, but yeah, it's really hard to prove. Involuntary manslaughter is easier to swallow.

Cops have gotten away scot free with many other terrible things, maybe even worse than this one for all I know. It is no guarantee that this cop won't get away with it. And yeah, that will suck for the country regarding riots and people going nuts. Well maybe they will get him on an involuntary manslaughter charge, and if that happens it is at least better than him coming out smelling like a rose. I hope if nothing else happens to him, that at least does. I mean what are they gonna say, George Floyd had a heart attack and died there? His knee was right on his neck. Maybe they can say it was an accident but can the cop really get off innocent about it? At least if they found him guilty of involuntary manslaughter, that's at least some kind of a guilty verdict.

Idk though. I just know I won't leave my house for a month at least, if he's found innocent.

• Like Like x 2
  3. i'm hoping and betting you're wrong. in MN 2d degree murder is killing someone without premeditation. having watched 2 days of prosecution witnesses i find it incredibly unimaginable that a jury wont find chauvin guilty. if chauvin is found innocent i'm getting a George Floyd tattoo and i will be on the front lines of any BLM protest in which George is the featured face. further, i will have !ost what remaining faith i have in the "US !egal system".

they best find him guilty or parts of the US are going to suffer horribly is my prediction. i'm glad you started this thread. personally i am exceptionally moved by compassion for George Floyd. i can not unsee chauvin kneeling on George's neck for 8 mins and 26 seconds. anyone that supports derek chauvin will never get any support from me. chauvin must serve a lot of time for what i witnessed.

that's my position and i'm sticking to it no matter what chauvin's defense may be or what conclusion the trial proves out. and that judge.... idk about him. i dont think i care for him and his bully pulpit but i do understand his role in this theatre. i am going to keep the hope the jurors find him guilty regardless of the spin the defense attempts to use. guilty as charged!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Getting a conviction is going to be an uphill battle. We can't just ignore that other factors that might have contributed to his death. The guy was high on both opiates and meth, was 46 years old, had an enlarged heart and to top it off, he even had Covid. If you watch the full video you can literally see him eating a bunch of pills while in his car.

• Like Like x 3
  5. I have been watching most of the Trial and testimony as well. It is crazy how so much unfolded all over a counterfeit 20$ bill.

The one thing the Prosecution can not do is not make George Floyd look big as fuck on camera. That is the biggest thing that actually stuck in my mind from todays videos. Just how fucking huge George Floyd was. And not just Tall. Dude was fucking jacked and ripped as fuck.

I still have not read the definitions of 2nd degree Murder and 3rd degree Murder, I should do that lol. I am a lazy pothead. But Derek Chauvin definitely acted in the wrong and was fucked up for it. Now whether or not that amounts to murder, I will have to read the actual definitions but I definitely think the Jury is going to find him AT LEAST Guilty on the Manslaughter charge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. At the end of the day, I feel 10 years in Prison would be a fair punishment for Derek Chauvin.

Coming from someone who has served Prison time, people do change after lengthy periods of incarceration and I am not someone who believes in Life Sentences (except in extreme circumstances).

There is no way I see a Jury giving a police officer a Life Sentence for an action he committed while in the line of duty and that the officer believed to be acceptable/neccessary at the time, given all the cirumstances that he was dealing with.

Again. I am not defending this guy at all. He is a scum bag and deserves to rot in Prison. I just think 10 years would be fair.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. The City also paid the Floyd family 27 million dollars right before the Trial began. That had to be intentional timing. That will definitely sit in some of the Jury's mind when they consider "justice," for his family.

8. I think it really comes down to if it is something they are trained to do. If that is a technique that is in the manual to restrain someone it will get thrown out. The city has already shown fault for the wrongful death with the payment to his family. If that is a technique they are trained to use, it needs changed. It seemed pretty damn brutal. The guy should definitely not be a police officer, but I think it is unlikely he will do time if they are trained that way. As of now I don't think they can even prove that is what caused his death. I think it had to contribute if not caused, but without a coroner's report stating it was the cause it will be tough to convict. Shitty deal all around. I doubt he will last long if he does walk, he would prolly be safer inside, he will be in protective custody if convicted anyway, street justice might be a better alternative in this case. I have known a lot of good cops, it only takes one power tripper like this to give them all a bad rap, I doubt his former brothers in blue will have his back anymore.

• Like Like x 2
  9. We just might. This has transcended regular justice, it's a global publicity case. The minds of the people are already made up. Chauvin has to hang, for the health of the nation. Guilty of murder or not, this guy has become the symbol of oppressive white racist nazi bigot authority. If he gets acquitted, there will be massive damage.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  10. What you said has been the truth, but I think people have had enough
    The difference is that the whole world watched this cop murder this
    Man the video evidence is indisputable if they acquit it will be ugly

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. I think it was pretty extreme circumstances there, and I also think Chauvin knew exactly what he was doing. Me, I feel he deserves a life sentence but I know he probably won't get one. Probably won't even get 10 years. I hope he gets something though. I can't imagine how "necessary" they would say his actions were, and as for how George Floyd died, everyone saw it on the video. Honestly, idk what more is needed to prove what happened but I understand the system is not always just and fair. So they'll try to find loopholes everywhere.

Again, hopefully they'll find him guilty of SOMETHING, even if just involuntary manslaughter which is a lie as we know...but at least he would get some kind of punishment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. #12 Possuum, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021

8 minutes, 26 seconds total on his neck and body. you cant be serious! so, you're claiming underlying conditions or the drugs is what caused George Floyd's death?

man oh man. wow!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Have you watched the entire, uncut video?

• Agree Agree x 1

14. i have many times if that was directed towards me.

15. It isnt even about the 9 minute video... That is what the prosecution wants you to focus on.

It is about everything else that happened BEFORE that 9 minute video happened. Which anyone who has watched the Trial has gotten to see. We have seen all 6 body cams of them trying to arrest George Floyd and get him into the police cruiser. You see the struggle between the officers and Floyd in the car and him putting a potentially lethal amount of drugs into his body.

Again. I think the officer is Guilty. He deserves Prison. But George Floyd DEFINITELY wasnt innocent in any of this. He is a career criminal and drug addict. Hes been in and out of jail his entire life and was on heroin, meth, and fetanyl when he was arrested/killed/murdered.

So yes, The officer was 100% out of pocket and deserves jail. But for everyone who is making George Floyd into some innocent, family man, just isnt accurate one little bit. DOES NOT MEAN HE DESERVED TO DIE. But It pisses me off when people make the dead into Saints. Call a spade a spade. Keep it 100. He was a junkie and a criminal but that officer was a piece of shit, scum bag who murdered him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. i say that Chauvin needs to receive his due process. there's no initiative to find him guilty "for the health of a nation". as a nation every single citizen should be as outraged and as upset as George's family. if there's any justice for ANY human George Floyd deserves his.

no one that's ever been in a physical fight, or anyone that's ever taken the life of any living thing knows - knows through life experience - that what was witnessed was unnecessary, George tapped out - he was done fighting and resisting, he was struggling to breathe, he said "i'm done" - and what followed was death of George by chauvin.

you better hope you never end up like that. i sure hope i dont.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. This is one cold hearted but absolutely true thing to say... in fact it could be said for just about anyone honestly.

The 27 million dollars is going to do much much much much more for the Floyd Family than George Floyd ever would have done alive. So in a sense, George Floyd did the best he could for his family. He turned being a junkie into 27 million dollars. Kudos to him for cashing out on top.

Id consider my life a success if my family gets 27 million when I die. Shit, if I leave them a million id consider my life a success.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1

18. i havent seen one poster suggest that George wasn't at the tip of the iceberg.

once a man is handcuffed face down, effectively hog tied, and says "i'm done" that means he's tapping out, he's through fighting. chauvin stayed on his neck for 3 more minutes!

the police had a right to be there, they were executing their sworn duty, but when a handcuffed man says, "i'm done" it's time to get off of him unless you're trying to seriously hurt him or kill him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. I agree with you 100%

At some point today, I will review the definitions of each one of the charges and see what I think fits.

And I wasnt referring to anyone here specifically. Just people in general who get all high and mighty about George Floyd.

20. #20 Possuum, Apr 1, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021
    that would be fair and objective. just a suggestion before you do, get in George's physical position on the ground, use your imagination - your high, you're scared, you're hancuffed, and you've got 450+ pounds of armed men on your back and neck "restraining" you. while you are in this position watching the 8 min 26 sec video, ask yourself, when would be the appropriate time for chauvin to get off YOUR neck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1