The End of the Tunnel

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jörmungandr, Apr 10, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

The new USB scope works much better with the dust over off. :)
    Silly me.
    This was short at 8 weeks not my usual 10 weeks. Clears and the lack of amber heads is apparent.

BNW

2. I dropped a mess of beans on the 1st and have some ahead and some behind that.
    The "New" seeds are way ahead of the ring seeds the same 19 days along. Slower to pop and falling ever further behind.

BNW

3. Good day old friend.

BNW

4. Neanderca - a throwback to the hulking ancestors of our beloved terpene matrix
    Image297.jpg

5. Tweaking the system a bit; positioning the two COBs above the shelf will hopefully address the stress these two have been evidencing. They've remained parallel in growth but are both dwarfed by their sibling in the other box. Confusingly the wave behind in the third cabinet and the ICU are proving the inverse; the solo sprout should be outpacing the other two but for this run it trails behind.
    IMG_20210509_080712.jpg IMG_20210509_080724.jpg IMG_20210509_070737.jpg

6. I just spent 30 minutes hunting and squishing the caterpillars on the traveling kids. Little eating machines, found 6.about 3/8ths of an inch long.
    I'll have to wait till we get back in town to spray BT on them. I don't recall seeing any damage on the plants I left behind. Damn I haven't been spraying the flowering plants either.. OOpppsssssss Crap.

BNW

7. Have you ever considered buying some praying mantis or lady bugs; I'm apprehensive over the use of any (even environmentally acceptable) pesticide which is what has me trying the apple cider vinegar solution for my indoor efforts. Outdoors I contend with grasshoppers more than anything else on my ornamentals.

8. My yard has a good summer supply of both Manti and Ladies that we supplement every year when the local garden center has them. Mid summer I'll find the Cannabis will have a mantis and ladies on nearly every plant. Doesn't slow the blasted caterpillars down at all.

The veg shed is far to open a construction to keep the moths out and I know that was where they got eggs laid on them. I've long ago accepted the risk of the BT I use vs the destruction the catties cause. Since I consume 99% of my cannabis orally I feel the risk is far lower then if I was smoking as my primary method. My actual inhalation is minimal in the larger scheme of things.

Grasshoppers make an occasional showing and are a manual catch and crush. Bastards are far to big and anything lethal enough to kill them I certainly don't want sprayed on my Herb.

The Potassium Bicarbonate we use to keep the Powdery Mildew under control acts by raising the water PH high enough to kill the mildew. It's just Alkaline Water. The BT is destroyed by sunlight in a few hours so all in all I'm satisfied with how it gets done. The minor amount of leaf damage the vegging plants take never gets past 1-2% before a predator comes along and eats the plant munchers.

If you watch a ladybug on cannabis it'll cover top and bottom of every finger on a fan before it moves to the next fan and starts over. When she fails to appear on time I can look under the finger and find she's found a cluster of aphids to devour.

BNW

9. A couple of other aggressive hunters are dragonflies and lizards; just don't know how to acquire them other than creating a conducive environment.