The End of the Tunnel

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Jörmungandr, Apr 10, 2012.

1. A brand new start (two of three up)
    IMG_20201012_032328.jpg

2. All three sprouted of this run with the most aggressive one granted a 90w UFO while the lesser two have been given over to the sponsored SF1000. Ten days in, it's a bit too early to judge the superiority of either system although the lone wolf looks more robust than the other two. These are in a lopsided competition with a pair going through re-veg that will likely head back to short hours before these hit their mark; the schedule in mind is to let these run on 18/6 until the 15th of December giving them time to start flowering before the New Year.
    Image099.jpg
    IMG_20201022_051122.jpg
    IMG_20201019_192747.jpg

3. Originally titled "Getting the Best out of Poor Lighting, Not" this thread was meant to showcase how well even substandard and outdated lighting can do. My first step past CFL was with (at the time) a very expensive UFO boasting the equivalent of a 400 watt HID. Since then I've amassed an arsenal of different systems and constructed several cabinets to accommodate all my disparate efforts. The most productive setup is the most meager, a 12 x 12 corner shelf enclosed with whiteboard and lined with Mylar where I've mounted that 90 watt unit and use to kick start sluggish sprouts or isolate males that I desire to collect pollen from (although I've yet to intentionally seed anything). The current occupant continues the phenomenal growth rate experienced by everything I've thrown in and quietly outpaces the pair started at the same time who have been ensconced in a more generous space with the Spider Farmer system I'm reviewing. Like that pair, today is the last spent in the original container with and upgrade scheduled to carry them through the rest of their vegetative experience.
    Image103.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  4. QQ
    How's life treating you old friend ??

BNW

6. All veg efforts currently. Two weeks left on long hours for the pair from seed but the re-veg in the center has the luxury of working without a timeline. IMG_20201129_183859.jpg IMG_20201130_143102.jpg Image148.jpg

7. Merry Christmas. :)

BNW

8. And the same to you, old friend. Hope Santa brings you a puppy.

• Like Like x 1
  9. No social distancing in here
    Image184.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Happy New Years to you and yours.
    Best wishes for the coming year.
    BNW