The Continuing Education of a Noob Wanna B

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by noob_wannaB, Apr 12, 2012.

1. well Noob,..... they bombed my country..... all my threads are no more...... If I'm gonna maintain dual citizenship, I'll be wandering here a bit..... Don't feel like there's too much left for me here anymore.... hopefully that'll pass. Hope yer day's goin better than mine.

2. Not sure I understand this....you lost your threads here or there?? :confused_2:
    Either way, sorry to hear :cry:

3. #3803 seaf0ur, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
    Here.... prob not suited for open forum.... I PM'd ya.

4. #3804 STIGGY, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
    It was as if a 30megaton Bomb went off and wiped the slate clean

5. Noob!!!
    We miss you :(
    You should hide all your jars and tell the hubby it all got mold or something....then you have to grow..
    You are a woman...manipulate that guy lol
    Jking jking..
    Just miss seeing ya around is all.
    Hope all is well.

Sent from my LGL45C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Hey Noob! Sorry to hear you're no longer up and running. I hope that changes for you soon enough. 

What was your experience with the CBD Crew strain you grew? I was thinking about making a seed purchase from them a couple months back, but there wasn't much information about the strains on the web. 

7. Awwww...you're so sweet :wub:

Hermies like I never saw before. Started early and by the end the whole thing was COVERED with little yellow flowers :( No pollen though, which was weird. I had 5 other girls in full bloom and none were pollenated, and I didn't get a single seed from them OR the Shark (self pollination). Weird stuff. I only grew out the one plant and have 4 more seeds....I'll grow them out eventually, but probably all in the same pot. If I see anything worth growing I can always clone it right? ;)

I grew this one all the way through to harvest ...won't do THAT again if I get another full of hermie flowers. Waste of time, space and effort.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Hey Mrs. Noob!  Long time no type.  :)  I hope you start up again soon also, you helped me a lot without knowing it.  I just wanted to stop in to say howdy!  I took a break to step back and really study so I don't keep asking questions.  I realized others don't have time to hold my hand and I didn't want them to but I was STUPID when it came to growing and that includes all things growing.  I'm having a lot of fun with my garden and landscaping.  I can do stuff I never thought I could.  I hope you are managing your pain and enjoying your break.  

I hope to see you around.  Take Care Mrs.  Noob (mama)

Madonna

9. I'm amazed especially by how much your smart pot SIPs caught on. Was that your original idea? I think of you every time I see a smart pot on top of a bunch of perlite. So easy and effective.

10. YES Thank YOU The sips are working great, never worked so little

11. #3811 Jojo0420, Nov 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2013
    X3
    Super low maintenance, just add water!
    My grow cabinet survived my recent vacation with zero issues, it actually thrived!
    Thanks noob!

:smoke:

12. Here's how it all evolved. Way back in eddro's SIP journal, we started talking about smartpot sips. The power of the hardside sip was undeniable. I came up with soil wicks cut in smartpots supported by a hydrotron. Ms.Noob took that, simplified even further by removing the wick and ran with the support media being the wicking material. Mosesnumb took that, and subbed perlite with lava. That is smartSIP evolution.

13. A question for you guys in here...

I'm setting up a SIP in hydro trays and the asshole at the hydro store (hate going there) wouldn't drill a hole for me for some stupid reasons between them and the tray company. The drill bit is $50.

If I'm using rather shallow, 1 foot by 4 foot trays, do I really need to drill a hole to have the ability to drain? I figure if I need to do maintenance, I let the plants drink all the water until it dries up and then do whatever I need to do.

Anyone's 2 cents would be appreciated  :)

14. I saw screw spending 50 bucks for a 2 second job that wouldn't be necessary lol.

Ive had to maintain mine a little due to overgrown roots, but my tray (~1'x3'x6") dries out to move my plants off and around within a two days.

15. I don't have any drainage holes in my SIP trays, I just make sure to leave an air gap between the water level and the smart/hard pot bottoms.

16. Yup, no drain. Those plants will sip it up in no time.

17. Hahaha you guys are awesome. Thank you. Gonna go return the stupid plugs they sold me... $30 back in the pocket.

18. Return the trays too and go get a rubber maid and cut it off or a mortar mixing pan for ~ $5 each...

19. Dishpans at are dirt cheap also.

20. :hello: Stopping by to also mention my experience with NWBGhettosips.  I wouldn't crack a seed, clone, veg, or flower without them.  Everything in both of my rooms are on sips.   I also stole your homemade pot idea.  I got a good deal on felt at Joanns(fabric/craft store) and they are so easy now, I just whip them right up.  I just made 3 this evening.  I was having to make them on the go.  I would sew one up then transplant immediately.  I'm up those 3 now but soon they will be used.  I haven't re-used any yet.  I don't know how it will work since I don't take them out when they go into the big smart pots, I just bury them. :laughing:   :hello: I figured it was worth the few pennys if they don't hold up to not stress the girls if I could help it.  I was using landscape fabric and they work ok, I like the felt better, it's easier to work with.

:wave: