Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

The Complete Connoisseur's Guide to Enjoying Cannabis:

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by The Legend, Oct 17, 2008.

1. if its too 'connoisseur' of me I vape CBD oil in my kandypen lol

2. One thing is for certain…When you learn how to grow your own weed, and you get some good strains to grow….and you get your shit all dialed in….THEN you will have a truly connoisseur experience with the it. I dunno…maybe it's some weird kind of "bond" that happens when you start out with a seed and end up with a 4 foot bush that's full of stinky flowers!  I can lift buds that weigh several grams, up off the table by just touching them -they are so sticky! The room is permeated with stink when I open a jar. It's like letting a stinking Genie out of the bottle! 

I've smoked a LOT of strains, but I can't buy the same quality of weed compared to what I can grow.

3. My fellow connessiours who else here takes off the small leaves, if any, off the flower itself? Blunts taste much better if smoked this way

4. Any thought on Skullcap? Or Damania ?

-Redwoodmedicineman

5. What are yall's thoughts on the kief box? For those who have it, do you screen ALL of your buds lightly when you first pick them up/ before you grind and smoke them?

I have been keeping mine for when I specifically want to get a lot of kief for hash or something, consciously separating the weed to be screened from my "smoking stash", and baking or making QWISO from the screened bud. Do you think there is a significant or noticeable difference in smoking screened weed vs non screened? Because I am debating kiefing/screening all of my buds after every pick up. 

6. Well, don't yell.  I don't know how to jump in any other way, this seemed like the most appropriate place from what i've read so far.  Just an ol' coot wanting to say hello.  Can't be very open where I live, just giving the forum experience a try.  Only want to share and help.  So, hey there.

7. Years ago, I learned the benefit and appreciation of the first dusting - was in Amsterdam at the time (mid 70's) didn't call it kief, just dusting.  Though, you can dust several times obviously, that first dust is flippin' awesome.  So, yes for sure ... savor !

• Like Like x 1
  8. hmm well I've certainly eaten plenty of it whilst enjoying southern silly shrooms back in the day

9. Buy by the ounce or higher up cause you'll save money that way.

10. cannabis connoisseur, you are the one.thanks for share

11. I know Ill get hate but i would include the dangers of addiction coming from a daily smoker for years i wouldnt recommend making it a habit give a week without it to see if your dependent. Dont smoke to hide your problems because when your tolerance increases your problems will surface enjoy the jane but becareful like anything it can screw you up

12. Not sure if its been said or if it even fits here... Choosing the right time ... For example I know people who will smoke all day and thats totally fine if thats what you choose, but they would smoke literally before everything and anything! Yes I love getting baked as much as anyone but choosing that right time, say friday night when you do all you need in a day. To me it just makes the high that much better and enjoyable.

13. Always solid advice to NEVER hide from your troubles or issues with a substance.

Face it, defeat it, enjoy the good times that much more.

Solid.

14. Not sure where I stand on this (other than nearly a decade away!). But if you can taste the butane, it hasn't combusted completely.

15. In 2001 I harvested a couple of pounds of Blueberry. I bought a box of ziplock freezer bags and set out three. I put a load of bud in each. Then I went to the bathroom and washed my hands. Then I came back and put the three bags into three other bags, then went back and washed my hands again. I repeated this until the buds were in a total of seven bags. Then I put them in jiffy bags and mailed them to two friends and my father. They all smelled it as soon as they opened the door to the mailman. In fact, one said he smelled it before he opened the door! (I sent him a lot!<span class="redactor-invisible-space">).</span>

16. #776 GirlWhoSmokes, Oct 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2015
    Honestly, one of the most helpful things I've read on cannabis-use. I feel like people are never certain when they talk about cannabis or they aren't very clear, yet this guide broke it down to the core! For example, people have been saying mangoes get you higher but haven't provided any scientific proof, thus making it very hard to believe.

17. thanks legend great guide.... Will definitely be picking up some mangos today!

18. Good thread mates!!!

19. Thats the best feeling from growing cannabis! Knowing that no one will be able to compare to your flowers because of what you have ben through. Growing is a true are and to become the best at it you must be a connoisseur.

20. Great post OP, recommend everything that was said.

Only thing : I'd stay away from hot knifing. Its a bad way to smoke wax as you can inhale some chromium fumes, which gives kitchen knives their shiny finish. Really worth investing in a rig.