The Bread Thread

Discussion in 'The Great Indoors' started by SoCal Nature Farmer, Mar 28, 2016.

Tags:
  1. 20201009_194142.jpg
    Starting to swell like moose.

• Like Like x 3
  2. I use that same Banana bread recipe. I've got a question. Do you leave out the 1 tsp. baking soda when you make your fermented banana bread?

• Like Like x 2
  3. I gave it some though and concluded that may be the reason the batter expands as much as it does, to answer your question I still put it in with the rest of the ingredients.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Good to know. I'll try something similar using the same base recipe.

• Like Like x 2
  5. okay may have some time cut off the recipe. the bananas took as a better starter and i've been feeding the dough a little heavier.

4 days im down to. will be cooking tonight.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 20201010_200117.jpg

20201010_200123.jpg

Tastes good, hint of corn bread

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Eclair? The relative to the elnimo bar? Yeah the banana bread can come out rather fudge like with that recipe. My sour dough version comes out super fluffy, but unlike the first time I don't know the trick to keep them inflated. Once they cool down they deflate.

• Like Like x 2
  8. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

still need to make @Reo ‘s banana bread....

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Great looking crust and loaf. Now,I'm looking forward to the crumb picture.. I tried a version of Reo's banana bread. It started out looking great. But, when it was cooling it sunk into a mass that was very dense. I'll need to give it another try, and bake longer.

• Like Like x 3
  10. That's the problem I've been having too.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Mine looked beautiful coming out of the oven @Reo. It actually looked like it had risen to much. Within 10 minutes it deflated. I'm sure if @Chunk was viewing this thread he would have the answer for us or would know who to ask.

• Like Like x 2
    • Like Like x 2
  12. lol.

breads.jpg

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Those are some Huge loafs.. Which one you baking first SitnSpin ?

• Like Like x 3
  14. I'm going to say eat... a slice from each one, then split those and make 3 enormous sandwiches. I wonder if the loafs are real? I mean are they unaltered? The photo would make a cool meme. Lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. I forgot the uncut picture. Sourdough with the addition of malted rye and malted barley ground into flour. I like the added flavor the addition of malted grains give. 20201120_194339.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Yummy, raisin bread. Bread makers, unite. LOL

rb-13.jpg

rb-14.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  17. Those are some beautiful loafs @Ringodog. I bet they taste as good as they look.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. sourdough upside down apple pancake from Thanksgiving breakfast: IMG_5771.JPG
    forgot the powdered sugar for the picture but still presentable

hope everyone had a great Turkey day

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2