Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC to CBN

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by Nematode128, Feb 10, 2021.

1. It's my understanding that you can basically convert thc to cbn at home by doing a super long decarb (couple hours vs the typical 40 mins at 240°) but what's the actual conversion rate of thc to cbn? I know if I have a gram of flower that's testing at 20% thc that it will give me approx 200mg thc after a 40 min decarb but how much of that 200mg will actually convert into cbn?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Good question, unfortunately I don't have an answer, lol.

I have tried a double decarb, 2 cycles, in my nova fx to make cbn. It seemed to have worked but the herb became pretty weak although it was yawn inducing. I suspect I destroyed a lot of cannabinoids in the process. I saved it by using that oil for another infusion and that works really well. But I used a lot of herb, so it wasn't economical.

So I know doubling the decarb time isn't ideal. Adding to the total decarb time is probably helpful but I don't know an ideal time.

On my nova fx it has a cbd decarb setting. I've read it's the same temp as the thc setting but it goes longer. I'll try that at some point.

I did ask ardent, Nova's manufacturer about this and they said, in so many words, go for it, with no commitment to any outcome.

Temperature wise I've read 300°F will turn thc into cbd, but I haven't tried that. Or have any idea of a time frame at that temperature.

I think it's going to be tricky to find a good way to get cbn without destroying most of the thc or cbd's.

• Like Like x 1