Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC Tincture doesn't work! Med cannabis patient needs help!

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by pomoArtist, Feb 19, 2021.

1. A couple of months ago, I had surgery, radiation, and chemo for tongue cancer. I lost a lot of weight and I had my friend in Calf. send me a THC tincture from his dispensary while I work on getting my Ohio medical marijuana prescription. I need the THC for appetite and for the feeling.

I can't use the tincture sublingually because of the surgery. I used the prescribed number of drops in my feeding tube. No munchies and no high. Does anyone have any suggestions? Conversion to edible? DMSO? Thanks in advance for any help.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Increase the dose.
    Not everyone has the same dosage requirements. What works for my wife (2mg) I can't feel and what I take (200mg) would make her sick as hell with the spins and puking for hours.

You can convert tincture to edible oil.
    Hash Master 5000 - Dry Ice Method, Hash Oil Capsules, Everclear Tincture, RSO
    Reducing tincture to RSO is in here.

BNW

• Like Like x 4
  3. Thanks so much

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Sorry, no advice. I just want to wish you better health. Good luck,

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks. I'm doing fine!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Do you have open wounds in your mouth preventing you from using the tincture orally?

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  7. #8 PsychedelicSam, Feb 19, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2021
    I would venture to say that the reason you didn't feel anything is because you used dispensary tincture which can be notoriously weak. They can be good for some things but you need something much more concentrated and that is done best doing yourself. If you can source good kief/hash you'll be ahead of the game. It's so much easier to extract.

I think that I have something that you may want to try. It's a concentrated spray that you just spray in your mouth and is absorbed by sublingual and buccal tissue rapidly. I put it together as a DIY version of a spray developed for MS and other issues like yours where dosing can be difficult.

This uses shatter which I think you can get in Ohio but may be very expensive. It can be made with RSO or concentrated tincture as well. It's easy to put together. If you're interested let me know and we'll put something together for you to try out. :)

Shatter/Dragon Cannabis Mint Oral Spray

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  8. And this is why you have the most viewed thread on the interweb. You are the Man Sam

• Like Like x 2
  9. If oral consumption is out, a coconut oil suppository may work. Something to consider.

• Like Like x 2