Thc oil from trim...

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by SmokinJoe19, May 21, 2020.

1. Hello gents

I harvested recently and have a qp of trim, I typically make eds and tinctures with.

Since I added another tent as my local laws relaxed even further the misses is not a fan flower in the house.

I already make or toss together thc juice from a 1, 1000mg street cart with pg/peg200/400, 1 oral of co2 oil syringe from dispensary ($60) and a gram of sugar, crumble or concentrate from dispensary and 2-4 grams of shatter make with dry ice from a buddy.

I use 3 drops terp, 2 drops pg per gram of shatter. The street cart makes for good viscosity and keeps things together (was once on a mission to make vg not separate for its taste) for the life of 5-8, 1000mg carts.

so I’m am in search of a method for my trim. For tincture I go mason jar equal amounts of ever clear to weed/leaf/trim

I’ve done all PsySams methods, the freezer method works best.

reducing from 2, 16oz mason jars to 1, then to a baby food jar is how I like to go for potency and concentration

I get to RSO sometimes when forgetting about it.

if i went the infused PG route making the juice, can u keep heating to reduce to 10% of your start without it tasting like shit??

the few times I reduced a everclear based tincture on a hot plate the whole jar tasted horrid

2. The terpenes are super volatile and evaporate at low, low temperatures. Heating also degrades the cannabinoids into more bitter tasting compounds beyond decarboxylation.

You could always do a 30 sec wash for flavor/potency for carts and then use a second wash for edibles and oils etc.

3. What your looking to be doing is making your own distillate, this is a long process and the equipment needed to even do small batches can start off around 3 grand for a starter kit. Go to YouTube and search for thc distillate process and watch a few of those. Will give you a idea of whats involved into all of it. Though with the amounts of trim I end up having it would be worth the investment to make small batches. Once Distillate is all said and done its pretty much high 70 to 90% pure THC. The process also removes about all taste and aroma making it great for making editables.

4. I know it’s big loot for a co2 setup or similar

my wife would flip even if I did the dry ice cooler shatter method

anything low key like a freezer tincture??

• Like Like x 1
  5. And ideally you'll be able to fraction off those precious terps :)

6. So anyway to reduce 100ml of pg to 10 like u can with ever clear?

7. I understand your question better now lol. No. Vapor pressure of ethanol is ~600x that of PG. It just doesn't evaporate the same.

8. even heated?

9. At ~180C you'll start to see the PG evaporate. It's essentially impossible without destroying the product.

Attached Files:

• pg2.gif
      pg2.gif
      File size:
      58.7 KB
      Views:
  10. Thank you for all your help gentlemen

• Like Like x 1
  11. Yes, there collected in a separate beaker. Watching the videos or seeing the process in person is really interesting. Well to me anyways.

12. There is another way...
    pure co2 extract straight into a pen...
    (including terps.. :)

Attached Files:

• cup.jpg
      cup.jpg
      File size:
      3.4 MB
      Views:
  13. Awesome tips! Thanks!