Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

THC infused Honey

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by ipeeinpools, Mar 28, 2021.

1. So anyone with a little bit more of a chemist mindset, I have a question or two...

I always save a little bit out of batches of shatter/wax I get, but after a year I’ve got an ounce of various shatters/waxes. What I’d like to try doing is infusing the shatter with the honey and then turning that honey into mead!

Im wondering if anyone has had success just slow cooking the shatter in with the honey, I’ve been reading pretty much every recipe using coconut oil, but I’m not so sure how that oil will do in the near making process. I’ve read flower can be slow cooked into it after de carving the flower, I’m just curious if anyone has more input to the honey process before I start experimenting!

2. I don't know anything about it but it sounds like a great fuckin idea. Good luck with that.

3. I’m decarbing the wax right now and the kit will be here in a few days so I’ll be starting the process and keep this thread updated on results!

4. Another Tincture Thread - Try it, Youll like it
    Sam & company do Honey and will be your best source on getting it right.

BNW

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Alcohol tincture is the initial step and...
    I wasn't paying attention to the rest of the lesson. Must have been stoned.
    :)

BNW

• Like Like x 3
  6. I've never made mead but basically you mix honey and water then ferment it. Since THC is an oil I'd think it would separate from the honey water so would this idea actually work?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I would make a tincture first, then a mead and only then let them meet.

An ounce of concentrate is a lot of goodies. I'd hate to screw that up.

• Like Like x 1
  8. And adding an high alcohol tincture to honey before the ferment could stop the yeast from working. In mead/wine making high alcohol caused by the yeast eating sugar eventually stops the ferment as the higher alcohol percentage kills the yeast.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Someone had started a thread exploring that a few months ago. I believe it's the same one where we were doing the powder and citric acid and other things. I'll see if I can find it. GC has refused to fix the search function so it may take a bit. I believe there was a mention of the yeast being inhibited.

As far as the honey is concerned, it's just a simple infusion with wax. It can be done without alcohol if you have the right equipment which most of us don't at home. It's just a matter of removing all the alcohol otherwise to my knowledge but I've never brewed anything. :confused_2:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Unless using champagne yeast but then again who wants mead at 17% alcohol lol.

As others stated make a tincture, then when completing the final bottling add that to the mead. The dosage amount would be easily controlled then.

• Like Like x 3
  11. A few months ago @MIW , myself and @Ringodog worked on other forms of ingestion like maltodextrin powder, fermentation and a citric acid decarb and extraction. The fermentation was with caramel. It's spread throughout the fairly short thread and may be of interest to someone looking into that. Here's that thread: :mellow:

Making Water Soluble Cannabis Edibles at Home

• Like Like x 4