Tent set up

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Clearsky, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Here's closer look at my 9 girls far left plant is my photo that has another 3 weeks and the rest are autos that will be 70 days old in 4 days.hope to get 16 oz. Screenshot_20210224-125111.png Screenshot_20210224-125101.png Screenshot_20210224-125054.png Screenshot_20210224-125047.png Screenshot_20210224-125038.png

2. Yes I would like to harvest all of them in three weeks, that's my plan but I know there's a couple of autos that will start to show some amber in a week and half already clear and cloudy mixed in a couple of them.

3. Im still new, but agree with you. I will be sticking with photos indoors. Outdoors where I live in zone 2/3, it is a very short growing season, and photos do not mature properly.

So I'm hoping autos work well for that purpose.

4. As long as my buds produces white hairs and have nice green leaves on them I will let them grow, the smoke will last me for months. Will not harvest anything early would be a waste of all my work to get where I'm at.

• Like Like x 1
  5. autos work very well for that purpose. in my opinion thats the only reason to grow them. you will still want to start them indoors though i bet.

6. Well 420 Joeblow I just ordered two 350 watt grow lights, looks like my 600 watt light except two piece so I will have one on each side of my 600 watt light. That will give me a total of 1300 watts from wall in a 5x5 tent. I will try it out next winter, with summer coming I will put a couple out side this year. LED's are the 301-H with the 660 red so I have a total of 12- 288-QB-301H

7. Clearsky you must be running an hlg light i presume..i don't know any other manufacture running the 301H diode in their light..personally I'm running the hlg 600rspec and works well in my 5x5.

8. My south African kwazulu photoperiod just turned 4 weeks old from seed yesterday..running 34 inches above at 50%. Fim a week ago and responded very well.

Attached Files:

9. Yes I buy my lights from a guy who builds them, and buys QB from Samsung , here's what he uses.

Attached Files:

10. Hlg use to use meanwell driver but they found out there junk lol

11. I'm not disagreeing with anyone here but in my 4x4 640 watts is the max my tent can take due to heat issues. I also cut my 240 watt qb board in half for better light spread. Works great and I can raise or lower them individually. I used a grinder and drilled more holes for hanging. If you cut that light into individual boards you would be in good shape for your tent. Just giving more ideas.

• Like Like x 1
  12. What’s wrong with the meanWells?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. I was running a 320-1750a meanwell 3 board rspec 270 watt total light in my flower space. Got 1-1.5 grams per watt pretty much on point. But I just split the 3 board Into a 2 board and doubled the lights so I have 2-2 boards. Assuming each is putting out ~200 watts I now have 400 watts 40 inches above my plants. Getting use to it still we’ll see how she goes into tm. Might need to cut them back some but I want my light high and I don’t want to move it. I just want it to work and not burn my plants.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I got three don't need to separate my 600 watt, got two with 3 QB on heatsink and one with 6 QB on it. I haven't heard anything bad about meanwell drivers

Attached Files:

15. 1300w is getting really intense for a 5x5.

16. Won't have to turn them all the way up, but will have a even light a cross 5x5 at about 60 percent power.

17. youll want more than 60% for flower but yeah i hear the even coverage.

18. I have 4 qb288 in my 2.5 by 5 and it’s maxed. I can’t see how 12 with that wattage doesn’t burn the plants. I was pushing 460 watts from 40” and burning them. I’m down to ~390 right now for 12.5sqft ( half of your space) expecting to have to turn them down again but hoping not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Plan is to have a even lighting source in the 5x5 tent. Total of 1300 watts from wall with the 301-H borads, will save on electric because I won't have to turn them way up to get 65000 lux which is 1000 par max for buds without co,2.