Tent set up

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Clearsky, Jan 10, 2021.

1. If I was you I’d put them both in and dim a little. I didn’t realise they were autos. You can’t fill corner to corner with autos anyway. They grow as much as they wanna grow... I don’t like autos!

1 plant a time in a 5x5?? Gonna be HUGE. All my advice about light is more for people with photos that want to maximise their tent. Want corner buds like middle buds..

Gl

2. Im affraid to say you have no chance in 36 days lol. I really don’t get autos. I’ve fucked with them a few times for fun but I just can’t handle not having full control over my grow.

as far as I’m concerned auto take just as long to flower as photos.. but as I say I don’t bother with them so what do I know lol.

3. I would but I just went 12/12 on my ace killer og. So I need the 300 for her but when autos are done I will put her in the tent to finish her off with both light

• Like Like x 1
  4. I thought about pulling them but I will get something out of them, it's my first time growing them. Supposed to be 35 days veg and 35 days to finish, so I will see what they do.

5. Well 9 more days will be 70 days on the auto's, there might be one or two ready. Only been giving them 11 hours of light because I have a photo in there with them.

Attached Files:

6. I'll have one ice cream cone full of that picture. Looks tasty.

7. 600w in a 5x5 isnt really ideal for flower. add another 400-600w

8. Yes I agree, I'm only using 16 quare foot of my 25 square for tent and I have a total of 900 watts over plants, a 600 watt and a 300 watt.

Attached Files:

9. At this point I got my lights turned down to where I'm giving my plants in the 50,000 + lux and I'm getting some heat stress, sides of leaves curling up and lights are couple feet above plants. I could easily double the lux out put but the plants wouldn't be able to use it, just hurt them.

10. Grow more plants and you’ll be able to use all that light

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. Last month on everything I've grown so far has shot up. Is this the tent you're going to use for the 1 big photo?

12. Yes

• Like Like x 1
  13. 25 inches wide 12 inches deep.

14. Going to be good. I should have tripled the size of my 7 gallon pot.

15. It we'll be a minute, got to finish what I got now and I'm going to start some things for my wife then I will take off with it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Using a LUX meter is very helpful. Takes a lot of the guess work out of it. Distance from canopy, what you dim it to, how accurate your dimmer is (75% could actually be 50%), etc. If you move your light down 3'' and also turn it down 10%, are the plants getting more or less light? or the same? without a tool like a lux meter you are guessing.

15k lux for seedlings / very small plants
    25-35k lux for strong veg growth
    35-45k lux for flower

If you setup your light where you ultimately want the canopy to be, the plants will sort of "grow into it" and find their sweet spot and significantly slow down their growth.

And yellow leaves are lack of nitrogen. Feed them.

These girls were sprouted under a 1000w and stayed under it their whole life.

IMG_4158.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. They look nice

• Like Like x 1
  18. they were ok.

These are way better.
    P2180324.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  19. For sure, nice and level good training.

20. could be much more level but that bottom right plant vegged crazy slow. but it smells like she was worth it. and the top left girl is heavy leaning sativa so she ended up kinda tall.

plus this is the transition from those stupid autoflowers to real marijuana plants.